Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a striker part 94 17:10 - Dec 29 with 7707 viewsDaley_Lama

Great finish by Cummins today

Dale are League 2 top scorers

Poll: DF in or out

We need a striker part 94 on 22:10 - Dec 29 with 2360 viewsDaley_Lama

Nowt wrong with that, only problems are availability and money.

What we currently have is not a bad alternate.

Poll: DF in or out

We need a striker part 94 on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2354 viewsfunkkk

We need a striker part 94 on 22:10 - Dec 29 by Daley_Lama

Nowt wrong with that, only problems are availability and money.

What we currently have is not a bad alternate.

We should never stop trying to improve.
We need a striker part 94 on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2352 viewsisitme

We need a striker part 94 on 22:01 - Dec 29 by Daley_Lama

It's a wonder how strikers such as Messi, Suarez and Aguero make it in this world without being able to defend corners and hold the ball up well.

Dale play quick passing football up top. A big target man would lead to the ball getting held up, passed back to the midfield and the opposition defence getting set.

All 5 goals in the last 2 games were scored with the opposition defence stretched.

I genuinely don't think a big target man suits the rest of our play. That's my opinion, not saying it is right.

A COG is a different matter of course, for he was not a target man even though he was big.

If only we had those strikers or the players they have in their teams to feed them the ball!

COG was a target man, as you played the ball up to him and it would stick. A target man or someone who has physical presence doesn't have to be one dimensional. Look at someone like Van Basten, Batistuta or even Mark Hughes. All could perform the target man role but had much more to offer.

If you look at the games in which we have struggled in, such a Fleetwood at home the ball did not stick up front. It is hard to play football when the ball keeps coming back.

Don't get me wrong I love our passing football, but I do think the signing of a physical striker could be the difference between getting promoted and not. Again that is just my opinion. Even City have Negredo who is an excellent target man.
We need a striker part 94 on 22:18 - Dec 29 with 2323 viewsR17ALE

We need a striker part 94 on 21:08 - Dec 29 by trueblue83

Anybody else watch Matt Harrold today and think "he would do very nicely in our team"?

A big unit who can both win a ball, and keep it? Cummins can keep it/hold it up, but doesn't win enough to be a reliable option for me.

Yes. Said exactly the same thing during the game. Strong, mobile, target man, but way out of our reach wages wise I would think. He's wasted in that Rovers side.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

We need a striker part 94 on 22:31 - Dec 29 with 2290 viewswmgunit

We need a striker part 94 on 22:05 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Poor comparison - Scott Hogan is our equivalent of a Messi, Suarez etc.

Know what you're saying about speed of attack, but no-ones suggesting we sign anyone who's going to slow our forward play down, are they? It's simply about having a better option than what we have at the moment. A good, mobile forward who has enough physicality to retain the ball more often. What's wrong with that?

What we need is a Zlatan to combine with him.
We need a striker part 94 on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 2275 viewsoddjob007

Also thought fitness played a big part today and it was very evident in the last 10 mins when we were still chasing everything and Bristol Rovers looked knackered, and quite frankly p155ed off!

They were an organised and effective unit, for the first half hour at least, but then something clicked and we began to play. Agree with everything said about Harrold, said exactly the same, big tall physical lad who can also play a little. Cavanagh is essential for the team - his passing seems to have improved also, and seems happy playing the Claude Makelele role, win the ball, give it to someone else!

A definite marker of how far we've come under Hill - we'd have lost that a year ago.
We need a striker part 94 on 23:17 - Dec 29 with 2232 viewssandylaner1

i like cummins and can appreciate his role in the team

he took his goal very well today to be fair

hilly is certainly capable of recruiting someone else

he doesn't score enough but his attributes are what we require just someone who does them all a little better

thought georgie would have featured today to aid his match fitness for the cup next week
We need a striker part 94 on 00:25 - Dec 30 with 2151 viewsdingdangblue

We need a striker part 94 on 23:17 - Dec 29 by sandylaner1

i like cummins and can appreciate his role in the team

he took his goal very well today to be fair

hilly is certainly capable of recruiting someone else

he doesn't score enough but his attributes are what we require just someone who does them all a little better

thought georgie would have featured today to aid his match fitness for the cup next week

Didn't really rate Cummins for the 1st part of the season but the last month he seems to have improved greatly. The last 2 home games he has at least 3 times out battled defenders when chasing a through ball - something he didn't really do before. Great goal today also. Incidentally at the recent Q & A at the cricket club Hilly said he hoped to sign a barn door type in Jan as a goto player when plan A isn't working. Obviously funds will be dependant on who he can get so hopefully the cup run will help towards our league ambitions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

We need a striker part 94 on 17:18 - Dec 30 with 1889 viewsoff2div1

We need a striker part 94 on 00:25 - Dec 30 by dingdangblue

Didn't really rate Cummins for the 1st part of the season but the last month he seems to have improved greatly. The last 2 home games he has at least 3 times out battled defenders when chasing a through ball - something he didn't really do before. Great goal today also. Incidentally at the recent Q & A at the cricket club Hilly said he hoped to sign a barn door type in Jan as a goto player when plan A isn't working. Obviously funds will be dependant on who he can get so hopefully the cup run will help towards our league ambitions.

Huddersfield town trying to offload jon stead. Mark robins says he is willing to accept left over turkey and half of a mince pie for the striker ( term used very loosely). Scarborough were said to be interested at first but realised keeping the half mince pie would be more productive for them
We need a striker part 94 on 20:36 - Dec 30 with 1785 viewsfitzochris

We need a striker part 94 on 17:18 - Dec 30 by off2div1

Huddersfield town trying to offload jon stead. Mark robins says he is willing to accept left over turkey and half of a mince pie for the striker ( term used very loosely). Scarborough were said to be interested at first but realised keeping the half mince pie would be more productive for them

Stead would be decent on loan, but I don't see it. Would love to see us take Rory Donnelly on loan from Swansea, but I can't see that either. Poor lad has hardly been given a sniff of the first team since signing for them (maybe they smell).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

We need a striker part 94 on 23:20 - Dec 30 with 1688 viewsRotherhamDale

Cummins has looked much more aggressive in the last couple of games. He very nearly kicked out at the Mansfield centre back in front of the main stand last week and challenged for every ball against Brizzle.

Possession with progression.

We need a striker part 94 on 06:04 - Dec 31 with 1627 viewsRochdaleLeeds

Im worried about the lack of pace at left back for Rochdale and the amount of pace they have in some of their attacking players for Leeds, other than that, I think Rochdale will give Leeds a very good game at the weekend.
Donnelly up top for me, even if unfit his work ethic is through the roof and wont give up anything so if he can make himself a nusance for the Leeds defence Id be happy.
We need a striker part 94 on 11:38 - Dec 31 with 1500 viewsroccydaleian

We need a striker part 94 on 23:20 - Dec 30 by RotherhamDale

Cummins has looked much more aggressive in the last couple of games. He very nearly kicked out at the Mansfield centre back in front of the main stand last week and challenged for every ball against Brizzle.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/loan-cumminsoconnell-1266210.aspx
We need a striker part 94 on 14:24 - Jan 31 with 1304 viewsfitzochris

We need a striker part 94 on 20:36 - Dec 30 by fitzochris

Stead would be decent on loan, but I don't see it. Would love to see us take Rory Donnelly on loan from Swansea, but I can't see that either. Poor lad has hardly been given a sniff of the first team since signing for them (maybe they smell).

Rory Donnelly goes to Coventry on loan. Good signing for them in a bid to replace Clarke.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024