Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro 13:29 - May 15 with 1100 viewsKonk

Last night, I had a very strange dream about Boro away - which I have no intention of going to unless it’s a crucial game or first/last game of the season. Anyhow, I realised I spend far too much time on this board, because I’m now dreaming dreams that sound like Morgantwin’s posts:

Me and one of my mates got the train to Boro, where we were staying in a huge rental apartment in the town centre where all the rooms were kitted out like my Nan’s front room. We had a cup of tea and then had an argument about how to get to the ground, and I decided to go on my bike with an un-inflated inflatable double-mattress folded-up and tucked under my arm. Anyhow, I’d forgotten to take my bike lock, so I was trying to hide my bike up a tree, when a lad I used to work with (who is actually a Southend fan — I haven’t seen him in about ten years) said I could stick in on the back seat of his Mum’s car as long as I took the wheels off. So I did that, and then walked with him to a fun fair near the ground where he introduced me to his girlfriend, who started flirting with me almost immediately — awkward. Anyhow, I was walking round to the away end, when I came across two members of their “Red Faction” ultras, who were stood a foot away from each other shouting “Boro” at each other through megaphones. Getting close to the ground, there was a bloke in his fifties stood around in a Tottenham shirt from the mid-70’s (Admiral job), and a copper on the top deck of a bus shouting out of the back window, “Yid army! Yid army!” At this point, I realised I didn’t have my ticket — it had fallen out of my back bin — so I asked for the ticket office, which is housed in a community centre. I explained I’d lost my ticket, but the fella behind the bar said he couldn’t help me, but could offer me a free Heineken t-shirt. I declined the offer and decided to go and get my bike and go back to the flat to look for the ticket, but the woman who owns the car had gone out for the day — in the car! During all of this, I’ve still got the inflatable mattress tucked under my arm. What a fu cking palaver.

Is this my subconscious telling me not to return to Boro even if I think I want to?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:32 - May 15 with 1085 viewstoboboly

Welcome to the Championship.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:51 - May 15 with 1032 viewsKonk

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:32 - May 15 by toboboly

Welcome to the Championship.

If all the away days in Division 2 are as weird and stressful as that, I think I'm going to really miss the tedium of the PL.

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:52 - May 15 with 1028 viewssmegma

That wasnt a dream. It was a result of you indulging in some good ole peyote by the sounds of it.
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:55 - May 15 with 1016 viewsMytch_QPR

From what I can gather, far worse things happen on Teesside.

It's interesting about losing your ticket - this is the kind of recurring dream I have, for example going skiing and realising I have no skis, poles or money for a lift pass. It's probably a result of working too many hours and wanting to be in control of everything.

Last time we were in a play-off final in 2003, we were going to a Wedding in Pembrokeshire the same weekend, so I was travelling with my wife and her sister. We got to Swindon when I realised I had left the ticket at home. I'd love to say everyone saw the funny side in the end...

... but they didn't. And we lost, too.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:57 - May 15 with 1011 viewsNov77

You sure you weren't just reading nick hornby's latest novel and fell asleep?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:58 - May 15 with 1003 viewsKonk

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:52 - May 15 by smegma

That wasnt a dream. It was a result of you indulging in some good ole peyote by the sounds of it.

I’d had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers, but as far as I know, no peyote. Strangely, that’s the most I can remember of an away day since I was about seventeen.

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 14:04 - May 15 with 984 viewsganjR

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:58 - May 15 by Konk

I’d had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers, but as far as I know, no peyote. Strangely, that’s the most I can remember of an away day since I was about seventeen.

I fall off platforms.

Does my head in!
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 14:07 - May 15 with 974 viewsKonk

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:55 - May 15 by Mytch_QPR

From what I can gather, far worse things happen on Teesside.

It's interesting about losing your ticket - this is the kind of recurring dream I have, for example going skiing and realising I have no skis, poles or money for a lift pass. It's probably a result of working too many hours and wanting to be in control of everything.

Last time we were in a play-off final in 2003, we were going to a Wedding in Pembrokeshire the same weekend, so I was travelling with my wife and her sister. We got to Swindon when I realised I had left the ticket at home. I'd love to say everyone saw the funny side in the end...

... but they didn't. And we lost, too.

Ouch. My Dad took me and my brothers to Villa v Tottenham when I was about eight (one of my brothers is Tottenham) and got right up to the turnstiles before realising he’d left his wallet at home. Great day out — drive to Brum, get out the car, walk to VP, excitement building as we prepare to go into one of England’s finest grounds for the first time, discover wallet missing, walk back to car, drive home in silence. Top trumps.

Login to get fewer ads

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 14:56 - May 15 with 909 viewsMrSheen

Having a ticket in advance for Boro is when you should have realised it was a dream. They claim attendances around 15,000 but it looks the emptiest stadium of all on telly.
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 15:02 - May 15 with 893 viewsKonk

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 14:56 - May 15 by MrSheen

Having a ticket in advance for Boro is when you should have realised it was a dream. They claim attendances around 15,000 but it looks the emptiest stadium of all on telly.

You’re forgetting this was a ticket for the away section — which as the bloke in the ticket office explained — was absolutely banged-out. Midweek — Boro — sold out. Say what you want about Fulham, but that’s impressive.

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 15:10 - May 15 with 877 viewsMrSheen

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 15:02 - May 15 by Konk

You’re forgetting this was a ticket for the away section — which as the bloke in the ticket office explained — was absolutely banged-out. Midweek — Boro — sold out. Say what you want about Fulham, but that’s impressive.

Off topic, but Boro have managed to keep their empty seats a rich dark red, while Sunderland's are horribly bleached. Are Sunderland just cheapskates who've bought shoddy goods, or does the Teesside smog blot out all sunlight?
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 15:23 - May 15 with 855 viewsKonk

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 15:10 - May 15 by MrSheen

Off topic, but Boro have managed to keep their empty seats a rich dark red, while Sunderland's are horribly bleached. Are Sunderland just cheapskates who've bought shoddy goods, or does the Teesside smog blot out all sunlight?

The seats at the SoL were painted using poster paints.

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 16:28 - May 15 with 810 viewsAunt_Nelly

You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 13:52 - May 15 by smegma

Mmmm....peyote
You're dreaming of Wembley - I'm dreaming about Boro on 16:55 - May 15 with 779 viewskensalriser

I think the whitening of the seats at Sunderland happened during Di Canio's tenure.

Impressive dream recollection, by the way. Seems like relegation has caused you considerable sub-conscious trauma. This will ease by September when you realise that Fulham may be capable of winning the occasional game, perhaps even away from home.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024