Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke 16:23 - Jul 3 with 849 viewsMancR

Stuart Taylor ex arsenal, man city, villa and probably others has just joined Leeds on a free. No big deal about that. But he made his debut in 1999 and has only played 90 first team games !!!! How much money has he picked up for shot pre match shot practise and sitting on the bench? Murphy been with us about 3 years and I think has played a couple of carling cup games plus one league game. Got to be earning between 5 and 10 grand a week. Nice work
Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke on 16:32 - Jul 3 with 816 viewspaulparker

Harper who used to be at Newcastle is another who has hardly played but earned a decent living sitting on his arse, others include Carlo Nash , Ross Turnbull,
Richard Wright, Steve Simonsen, and Hilario at Chelsea who has been 4th Choice for the last 8 years, Nice Work if you can get it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke on 16:32 - Jul 3 with 817 viewsA40Bosh

What I find strange about these comments regarding perennial bench warmers being on a nice earner as a number 2/3 choice goalie is that surely it must be an extremely frustrating career.

I suspect that many goalkeepers never get an initial opportunity to shine regularly enough for a team to come in and buy them as a first choice goalie and that players like Murphy appear good enough that they are wanted as clubs as hopefully reliable back up but unless the 1st choice fcuks up or gets injured they are going to work all week in training and obey all the diet and lifestyle rules required ahead of a match, prepare themselves like the 1st team starters so they are ready to jump into action and then spend most of the time watching a football match with a pretty shitty view.

Always the bridesmaid and never the bride does not always make for a fulfilling career but they probably have to grin and bear it and hope for their opportunity to come otherwise it means hopping around the teams and different leagues come the end of each season in the hope of getting a starting berth at some point.

Can't say that I would enjoy it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke on 16:48 - Jul 3 with 760 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andy Marshall the same after a promising start as a number 1.

Bare bones.

Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke on 16:52 - Jul 3 with 746 viewspaulparker

Is Brian Murphy copying this bloke on 16:48 - Jul 3 by Antti_Heinola

Andy Marshall the same after a promising start as a number 1.

Remember sitting with his Dad at the Kettering Friendly a few years back when Marshall was on trial, his old man smoked like a trooper and then said that the offer he had from us was chicken feed but was promised he would be rotated with Cerny
a couple of days later he signed for Villa to be 4th Choice

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024