Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Medel 12:32 - Jul 4 with 1854 viewssimmo

Eager to get away from Cardiff, possible clause involved.

Thoughts on taking 'The Pitbull'? Still only 26 and can play CM or CB. Him and Barton in the middle would be a fckin nightmare to play against....

[Post edited 4 Jul 2014 12:34]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Medel on 12:35 - Jul 4 with 1838 viewsgordanoR

I liked what I saw of him in the WC.

A Cardiff mate (yes I have one) says he's prone to losing his rag quite often & it was down to the quality of some of the team around him. So with a better set of players he could be excellent.

Not sure about him & Barton together though. A recipe for being down to 9 men.
Medel on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 1821 viewsPommyhoop

I'd have him. Would definately fit the bill for breaking down play in front of the defence.
Good player.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Medel on 12:37 - Jul 4 with 1821 viewsFredManRave

Not the right sort, imo.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Medel on 12:48 - Jul 4 with 1765 viewsQPunkR

Depending on how much he costs I'd be happy to have a South American defensive midfield line. Good player.

QPR - "shit but local"

Medel on 12:52 - Jul 4 with 1741 viewsBrianMcCarthy

After the World Cup he's had I think we'd be struggling to match his profile and/or wages.

Good player, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Medel on 13:03 - Jul 4 with 1704 viewsDANRANGER

An excellent holding midfielder. Prone to the odd red card but shown himself well for Chile and handled himself well for Cardiff. Would be a struggle with us also but his attitude wouldn't be questioned. Still prefer Michael Bradley though, same energy but more creative.

More importantly for me is a creative central midfielder. Very much like the look of Grenier (strongly linked with Newcastle) and don't see why we couldn't make enquiries. For me, we should offer cash plus Adel as I could see him playing for Lyon and we get a top young player. Very unlikely but you never know.
Medel on 13:35 - Jul 4 with 1637 viewstimcocking

Quality holding midfielder without any doubt. Doesn't create much or score though. I'd doubt whether he has the height to be a realistic centre back in English football. Cardiff tried him there once or twice and he was massacred.

I'd definitely take him and Caulker given the chance.

Ps His discipline is fine, more media nonsense that.
Medel on 14:45 - Jul 4 with 1563 viewsWestminsteRs

Would be a good signing, in my view.

Played in the middle of a back three for Chile and looked great. I doubt he could successfully manage a season at centre back as part of a back four.

If we were to end up with Rio Ferdinand and Steven Caulker I wouldn't mind trying a back three with Simpson and YSY, especially if/when Phillips is injured. Obviously Redknapp would view this change of system as foreign nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Medel on 15:06 - Jul 4 with 1514 viewsSpiritofGregory

It's not a position that needs strengthening. We need to find a box to box tough/creative central midfielder who can also score goals.
Medel on 15:16 - Jul 4 with 1488 viewssimmo

Medel on 15:06 - Jul 4 by SpiritofGregory

It's not a position that needs strengthening. We need to find a box to box tough/creative central midfielder who can also score goals.

Whilst I am not sure Medel is the answer, I disagree that we don't also need a deeper lying CM. So far we only have Barton and Faurlin who I would start and we don't know how consistent the latter can be. An injury to either of them and we will be have only Henry, which may be OK for some games, but not for others.

The fact Medel also plays CB just as comfortably (also RB), is a big help to the squad overall.

Also I don;t think we will have to worry about his work rate or comitment to the cause, I doubt anybody would be shirking responsibility on a pitch with Medel and Barton alongside them. Is he also Chile captain?

Medel on 15:54 - Jul 4 with 1412 viewsPommyhoop

Anyone looking in will be pissing themselves at us talking about Medel ,Caulker ,Bradley etc.
Everyone knows we'll announce Rio in a couple of hoursbefore deadline then let Levi dump his shite on us at the last minute

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Medel on 16:09 - Jul 4 with 1394 viewssimmo

Medel on 15:54 - Jul 4 by Pommyhoop

Anyone looking in will be pissing themselves at us talking about Medel ,Caulker ,Bradley etc.
Everyone knows we'll announce Rio in a couple of hoursbefore deadline then let Levi dump his shite on us at the last minute

I agree, and we're not linked with Medel, nor should we be, it was more a hypothetical. Especially as I signed him for us on Football Manager and he was epic. I signed Caulker too actually :-)

Medel on 16:29 - Jul 4 with 1367 viewsjamois

Simmo, I asked a similar hypothetical yesterday on another thread - can anyone explain/suggest - who is going to be our defensive midfielder tasked with protecting the back 4, breaking up opponents play and releasing the midfield to play? Who is that bloke - is it supposed to be Joey Barton? And further to that, who plays next to this mystery man in central midfield to link the midfield with our attacking 3 or 4?

For me, Medel would fit the bill for that first role. More so than Joey.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Medel on 17:05 - Jul 4 with 1324 viewssimmo

Medel on 16:29 - Jul 4 by jamois

Simmo, I asked a similar hypothetical yesterday on another thread - can anyone explain/suggest - who is going to be our defensive midfielder tasked with protecting the back 4, breaking up opponents play and releasing the midfield to play? Who is that bloke - is it supposed to be Joey Barton? And further to that, who plays next to this mystery man in central midfield to link the midfield with our attacking 3 or 4?

For me, Medel would fit the bill for that first role. More so than Joey.

Faurlin links midfield to attack brilliantly (a fully fit and pre injury Faurlin anyway). He doesnt do it box to box, he gets his head up and plays the ball where the attacking players want it. Hoilett made a great start for us in the Championship and talked about how important Ale was to that, he knew if he made the runs Faurlin would find him. He can also do the 'ugly side' when needs be but you're right in as much as we don't have a player next to him to do the pure defensive work, a la Derry. Barton can do it though, he just needs to be a lot more disciplined with it.

We need a 'number 10' or more advanced midfielder though, someone to get between the lines and provide an option. Not a luxury player per se, as we will need someone that can create/contribute with goals but also drop into a 5 man midfield when needed and work to protect leads/results. It depends how HR wants to play though, we still have Henry if needed, he improved a lot for us in the 2nd part of the season.

Medel on 17:25 - Jul 4 with 1301 viewsSpiritofGregory

Medel on 15:16 - Jul 4 by simmo

Whilst I am not sure Medel is the answer, I disagree that we don't also need a deeper lying CM. So far we only have Barton and Faurlin who I would start and we don't know how consistent the latter can be. An injury to either of them and we will be have only Henry, which may be OK for some games, but not for others.

The fact Medel also plays CB just as comfortably (also RB), is a big help to the squad overall.

Also I don;t think we will have to worry about his work rate or comitment to the cause, I doubt anybody would be shirking responsibility on a pitch with Medel and Barton alongside them. Is he also Chile captain?

He is too small to play CB in the Premier League.

We have more pressing areas to address. Remember we have a huge debt. We have to start identifying and picking up players when they are playing in lower leagues instead of paying over the odds for championship players.

Championship players are getting too bloody expensive.
Medel on 22:36 - Jul 4 with 1161 viewssimmo

Medel on 17:25 - Jul 4 by SpiritofGregory

He is too small to play CB in the Premier League.

We have more pressing areas to address. Remember we have a huge debt. We have to start identifying and picking up players when they are playing in lower leagues instead of paying over the odds for championship players.

Championship players are getting too bloody expensive.

It's a hypothetical. Also I'd rather take players from the championship than the premier league

Medel on 04:12 - Jul 5 with 1055 viewstimcocking

Medel on 16:09 - Jul 4 by simmo

I agree, and we're not linked with Medel, nor should we be, it was more a hypothetical. Especially as I signed him for us on Football Manager and he was epic. I signed Caulker too actually :-)

Me also on Fifa
Medel on 12:05 - Jul 5 with 984 viewsloftboy

Medel on 22:36 - Jul 4 by simmo

It's a hypothetical. Also I'd rather take players from the championship than the premier league

He is in the championship!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Medel on 13:05 - Jul 5 with 952 viewsTHEBUSH

Thought he was disappointing playing for Cardiff, not a patch on the player, when he played for Sevilla and for Chile in the World Cup.

Just my opinion of course, but don't think the style of play in the Premiership suits him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024