Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFCON - Adel is safe 13:59 - Nov 11 with 731 viewssimmo

Morocco have pulled out of the tournament. They have delayed the decision to participate because of the Ebola issues and won't compete. I don't think we have many players affected (Traore, Adel) but it will be interesting to see if they are the only ones....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

AFCON - Adel is safe on 14:41 - Nov 11 with 670 viewsCliff

Technically they haven't pulled out of the tournament. They were the hosts and therefore qualified as hosts.

However they wanted to delay the tournament for a year (or more) because of the Ebola outbreak. Caf, after taking advice from the WHO, decided that the tournament should go ahead and gave Morocco a deadline to agree to host the tournament. Morocco failed to confirm they would host the tournament insisting that they wanted it delayed, so Caf have decided to move the whole thing and are looking for new hosts. Now that Morocco are no longer hosts they no longer have the hosts qualifying place and so are out of the tournament.
AFCON - Adel is safe on 17:43 - Nov 11 with 563 viewsizlingtonhoop

AFCON - Adel is safe on 14:41 - Nov 11 by Cliff

Technically they haven't pulled out of the tournament. They were the hosts and therefore qualified as hosts.

However they wanted to delay the tournament for a year (or more) because of the Ebola outbreak. Caf, after taking advice from the WHO, decided that the tournament should go ahead and gave Morocco a deadline to agree to host the tournament. Morocco failed to confirm they would host the tournament insisting that they wanted it delayed, so Caf have decided to move the whole thing and are looking for new hosts. Now that Morocco are no longer hosts they no longer have the hosts qualifying place and so are out of the tournament.

ANd the WHO won't get fooled again!
AFCON - Adel is safe on 17:48 - Nov 11 with 551 viewsNorthernr

Now that would sort is weight out, bit of the old Ebola.
AFCON - Adel is safe on 18:05 - Nov 11 with 531 viewsBklynRanger

AFCON - Adel is safe on 17:48 - Nov 11 by Northernr

Now that would sort is weight out, bit of the old Ebola.

He might not even notice what with all the eating and gambling.
AFCON - Adel is safe on 18:14 - Nov 11 with 516 viewsQPR_ARG

Three ways of looking at it:

1. He starts playing for us, hits form, produces and we've got a great player to boost our chances of staying up and we won't lose him for a month.

2. He becomes more appealing to Milan (or other potential buyers) because they know they won't miss him for a month in the middle of a season.

3. He keeps getting ignored by Redknapp, nobody comes for him and nothing changes.

Goes without saying that the best option for me would be number 1. And I hope that's what ends up happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024