Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. 21:40 - Dec 2 with 870 viewsDiscodroids

Generalissimo Harold offers us nothing but thirst , hunger, battle and death on the killing fields of the premiership.

You ask gentleman of the LFW Board , what is our aim away on foreign shores ? I can answer in two words : avoid defeat .

..at all costs.

however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

7 wins in 39 premiership games.

a side bereft of pace, too many ageing players and too many championship standard players and too many players crowbarred into wrong positions under to many coaches from an premeiship age that is passing them by.

i dont know where to start. and for once i cant be fackin bothered.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 21:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 21:44 - Dec 2 with 839 viewsterryb

When was the last away match we played that we went to win?

Away to Villa is the only game I can recall under the stewardship of Harold.

Even in 68-69 we managed to avoid defeat in four games!
I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:00 - Dec 2 with 773 viewsbosh67

Not sure about the championship standard players bit because it is those players that put the shifts in. It is mainly our total lack of pace and our surrender at all costs away tactics. Problem is that this has now been drilled into the team and is in their DNA. Will be hard to break it. Fulham had exactly the same mental issue for seasons in the end. Eventually they won a few away games and lost the home ones.

I agree we go away to avoid defeat until we go behind at which point we have no idea what to do next.

You would think that coaches with the experience of Redknapp and Hoddle would have the brains and ability to sort this out but they seem content to put everything into the home games. However, if that comes undone then that is it. Plus it is hard to go for every home game if you have previously been on the end of yet another away defeat.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 748 viewsjohncharles

Piss off Redknapp.

I have no more to say.

Strong and stable my arse.

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:08 - Dec 2 with 716 viewsenfieldargh

Too many players get caught in possession or crowded out by the opposition whose only thought is regain possession, keep possession, move the ball at a high tempo and look to get forward towards their opponents goal.

We do everything in slow motion and often towards our goal.

Our defenders do quite well all considered but it only takes a flash of brilliance to break us down.

The back four plus Karl Henry did ok plus Charlie never stopped running. The rest of them were out of their depth against superior footballers.

If it wasn't for Rob Green it would have been 5+ to QPR Nil.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:10 - Dec 2 with 701 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Considering you don't know where to start disco, I think you said a fair bit.

I just can't understand the Jekyll & Hyde nature of this team. One step forwards, one step backwards. It may well be enough to keep us in this division but it's bloody depressing

It's got to be Yarg

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 683 viewsDiscodroids

fair play bosh. it wont be popular on here but dunne, henry, niko(suitability) and zamora are not premiership quality, top half championship, in my opinion.

if they were to made available who would want them?? derby ?, milwall?, cardiff?? etc etc. no other prem team would touch them with the sticky bit.

im sure i heard the commentator mention he was down with the players or the coaching staff in the warm up 'and they would bite your arm off for a draw'.

not good.not good at all.

i must be fkd off cause i cant even be bothered for the first time this season to take the piss.

good night lads.
xx
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 22:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:19 - Dec 2 with 648 viewsRecoilboss

At desperate times like these, I am the anti-Bill Shankly. It's only football, far less important than avoiding death. It's the hope that can kill you.
I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:20 - Dec 2 with 644 viewsbosh67

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 22:12 - Dec 2 by Discodroids

fair play bosh. it wont be popular on here but dunne, henry, niko(suitability) and zamora are not premiership quality, top half championship, in my opinion.

if they were to made available who would want them?? derby ?, milwall?, cardiff?? etc etc. no other prem team would touch them with the sticky bit.

im sure i heard the commentator mention he was down with the players or the coaching staff in the warm up 'and they would bite your arm off for a draw'.

not good.not good at all.

i must be fkd off cause i cant even be bothered for the first time this season to take the piss.

good night lads.
xx
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 22:14]

Keep the faith Disco. It was only a bonus game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat .. on 00:32 - Dec 3 with 537 viewsTearsOfaClown

I have really enjoyed recent games because we actually play exciting football.

That really is all I could ask.

As Harry Lime said 'Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Whereas Harry Redsnapp said "We choose to go to away games and lose, not because it is easy but because I am the manager"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024