Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins 22:52 - Jan 31 with 739 viewsbosh67

Under Tony's managerial appointments in the Premiership, between Warnock, Hughes and Redknapp there have been 98 games played at this level and 19 wins to show for it between the 3 of them.

Tony, just so you don't end up living in a cardboard box perhaps you should let someone else choose the manager next time.

You've spent £50 trillion on players for these guys, apart from NW who only got DJ Campbell before you arrived but apart from that, oh, and perhaps Karl Henry?? - anyway, the point is that you've backed Hughes and Redknapp because all these guys are 'experienced' but the truth is that none of them were really up to the task of running this club at this level and got their strategies either completely wrong or their players completely wrong.

Bring in Trevor Sinclair and put him with Sir Les and let them build the club as it should be.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:08 - Jan 31 with 702 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warnock's share of that was 4 wins in 20 games incidentally, which pro rata is pretty much in line with the rest.

In other words, the result of all the money that TF has put in plus his managerial appointments has been precisely no progress at all.

I reckon that's an indictment of the two managers rather than TF. But for God's sake he has to learn from this.
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:22 - Jan 31 with 675 viewsessextaxiboy

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:08 - Jan 31 by CiderwithRsie

Warnock's share of that was 4 wins in 20 games incidentally, which pro rata is pretty much in line with the rest.

In other words, the result of all the money that TF has put in plus his managerial appointments has been precisely no progress at all.

I reckon that's an indictment of the two managers rather than TF. But for God's sake he has to learn from this.

At the time though ,if you opposed Warnocks sacking (which i did) you were bombarded with posts saying"he was taking us down "
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:49 - Jan 31 with 640 viewsCiderwithRsie

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:22 - Jan 31 by essextaxiboy

At the time though ,if you opposed Warnocks sacking (which i did) you were bombarded with posts saying"he was taking us down "

Yeah, and it's worth remembering that plenty of people on here thought Hughes was the obvious choice and thought that Redknapp was the obvious choice later. And plenty said "he can't be worse" in both cases, which is worth remembering when people say the same about Sherwood.

I was very sad that NW was sacked, I thought we owed him a lot as a club, but I could understand the feeling that he'd lost his grip. Some of TF's comments at the time sounded to me like he felt the same. Personally I was very unenthusiastic about both Hughes and Redknapp, mostly because of the way each of them left their previous clubs, and was glad England appointed Hodgson ahead of HR. In hindsight I wish England had picked Redknapp and we'd taken Hodgson!

But the bigger point is that it shows how little NW's successors have achieved with the cash NW never had. Some of the games we've won since were won by Warnock players. Warnock's highest profile signing [Barton] is still, for all his faults, probabaly first midfielder on the teamsheet
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:55 - Jan 31 with 637 viewsQPR1882

I'd rather have Clive Sinclair in charge then Harry
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 00:00 - Feb 1 with 626 viewsPunteR

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:55 - Jan 31 by QPR1882

I'd rather have Clive Sinclair in charge then Harry

or the ZX Sinclair Spectrum.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 09:09 - Feb 1 with 544 viewsrbsranger

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:49 - Jan 31 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah, and it's worth remembering that plenty of people on here thought Hughes was the obvious choice and thought that Redknapp was the obvious choice later. And plenty said "he can't be worse" in both cases, which is worth remembering when people say the same about Sherwood.

I was very sad that NW was sacked, I thought we owed him a lot as a club, but I could understand the feeling that he'd lost his grip. Some of TF's comments at the time sounded to me like he felt the same. Personally I was very unenthusiastic about both Hughes and Redknapp, mostly because of the way each of them left their previous clubs, and was glad England appointed Hodgson ahead of HR. In hindsight I wish England had picked Redknapp and we'd taken Hodgson!

But the bigger point is that it shows how little NW's successors have achieved with the cash NW never had. Some of the games we've won since were won by Warnock players. Warnock's highest profile signing [Barton] is still, for all his faults, probabaly first midfielder on the teamsheet

The Barton signing is exactly the point where it all went wrong.
We would have been better off not signing anyone at the end of August that first year - we would have gone down with Warnock with our Championship team and then had a season back in the Championship with parachute payments and an ability to build a team. Instead, TF has been like a player doing badly at the Blackjack tables continuously doubling down trying to claw back his original investment.
Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 10:30 - Feb 1 with 497 viewsbaz_qpr

Premiership = 98 games 19 wins on 23:08 - Jan 31 by CiderwithRsie

Both promotions highly reliant on or or two individuals, the ones that stay up and thrive tend to have a greater quality squad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024