Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Conference 18:04 - Mar 22 with 4736 viewsDeano19766

Would anyone take that for next season over the Championship (as there is a chance of returning to the Premiershite from the Championship, however small that chance may be).
The Conference on 18:07 - Mar 22 with 2634 viewsStanisgod

Really

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Conference on 18:09 - Mar 22 with 2617 viewsDeano19766

The Conference on 18:07 - Mar 22 by Stanisgod

Really

I'm sure there will be one or two sadists! Having said that, could be good fun....
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:31 - Mar 22 with 2553 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Conference on 18:09 - Mar 22 by Deano19766

I'm sure there will be one or two sadists! Having said that, could be good fun....

No tourists,
New grounds,
Cheap(er) tickets
No bullshit.
Great time working our way back up.

It's a yes from me.

And don't give me that bankrupt the club shite. Let us go bankrupt and and become a community / supporter run club al la AFC Wimbledon.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 18:43]
The Conference on 18:44 - Mar 22 with 2489 viewsHayesender

If that scenario happens, that'll be the death knell for our club

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Conference on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 2480 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Conference on 18:44 - Mar 22 by Hayesender

If that scenario happens, that'll be the death knell for our club

There isn't much left to kill.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:49 - Mar 22 with 2463 viewsDeano19766

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:31 - Mar 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

No tourists,
New grounds,
Cheap(er) tickets
No bullshit.

It's a yes from me.

And don't give me that bankrupt the club shite. Let us go bankrupt and and become a community / supporter run club al la AFC Wimbledon.

Along the lines of what I was thinking tbh
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:57 - Mar 22 with 2439 viewsgobbles

No tourists,
New grounds,
Cheap(er) tickets
No bullshit.

It's a yes from me.

What chance to work our way back up?
I presume this is the doomsday scenario if we get fined £50m. But if we can't pay that fine, why would they let us back in if we won the Conference.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 22 with 2410 viewsToast_R

No tourists,
New grounds,
Cheap(er) tickets
No bullshit.

It's a yes from me.

Got to be the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Why don't you quit your job give the keys to your gaff and all your savings to the next beggar you see on the street and f@ck off into the night. I'm sure you'll have a great time working your way back from that too.

This club and all it stands for, the memories of great players and teams all down the toilet for a good time visiting a few non league hovels getting turned over by the likes of Farnborough and Forest Green? Yeah wonderful.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 2379 viewsDeano19766

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 22 by Toast_R

Why don't you quit your job give the keys to your gaff and all your savings to the next beggar you see on the street and f@ck off into the night. I'm sure you'll have a great time working your way back from that too.

This club and all it stands for, the memories of great players and teams all down the toilet for a good time visiting a few non league hovels getting turned over by the likes of Farnborough and Forest Green? Yeah wonderful.

"This club and all it stands for, the memories of great players and teams all down the toilet".

Why is it down the toilet? You can't undo the past. All those memories etc will remain.

Alternatively, isn't it already all down the toilet anyway with the way the Premiershite has changed the face of top flight football? In the past 20 years the top flight has become unrecognisable from what went for the 50 years before. The great tplayers and teams are but a distant memory of a past era when the top division was enjoyable. The lower divisions, however, remain very similar.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 19:11]
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:11 - Mar 22 with 2374 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:57 - Mar 22 by gobbles

What chance to work our way back up?
I presume this is the doomsday scenario if we get fined £50m. But if we can't pay that fine, why would they let us back in if we won the Conference.

Then so what.

We continue to play In the league we are in, with joyous away wins at Alfreton, Tamworth, North Ferriby, and Rag Arse Rovers. Everyone gets a aisle to themselves at HQ and no queue in the upper loft for the pisser or Carlsberg urine in a bottle. We'll sing pigbag (all 1,000 of us) and have a great time free of the shackles of the Premieship BS machine. I'll go home happy in the knowledge that win lose or draw, I'm not lower in the pecking order than some Malaysion pay per view vvanker with his crisp half and half United scarf round his neck .
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:15 - Mar 22 with 2350 viewsToast_R

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 22 by Deano19766

"This club and all it stands for, the memories of great players and teams all down the toilet".

Why is it down the toilet? You can't undo the past. All those memories etc will remain.

Alternatively, isn't it already all down the toilet anyway with the way the Premiershite has changed the face of top flight football? In the past 20 years the top flight has become unrecognisable from what went for the 50 years before. The great tplayers and teams are but a distant memory of a past era when the top division was enjoyable. The lower divisions, however, remain very similar.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 19:11]

Great, go and support a non league team then. I'm sure it's amazing.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:20 - Mar 22 with 2332 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 22 by Toast_R

I don't really get your analogy, or why you're so pissy at my post.

You act as if we've never had hard times before. What the difference between getting turned over by Forest Green or Everton? What's the difference between winning at Sunderland or St Albans? It's still the Rangers.

Or fvck it, we'll fight it out for 17th in the prem every year.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:22 - Mar 22 with 2326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:15 - Mar 22 by Toast_R

Great, go and support a non league team then. I'm sure it's amazing.

Why do you support the Rs then? For the glory?
The Conference on 19:25 - Mar 22 with 2306 viewsHayesender

And where will this wonderfully created AFC QPR play?

Certainly not at Loftus road heights

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Conference on 19:27 - Mar 22 with 2291 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Conference on 19:25 - Mar 22 by Hayesender

And where will this wonderfully created AFC QPR play?

Certainly not at Loftus road heights

The biggest danger to LR is the disgrace that calls itself the board not relegation to the conference.
The Conference on 19:41 - Mar 22 with 2255 viewsCamberleyR

This thread has got to be the biggest load of b0llox I've read in ages.
Are we seriously suggesting we would be better off in the Conference? Try asking the fans of Wrexham, Grimsby Town and Lincoln City if they enjoy playing in the Conference who have been there 7, 5 and 4 seasons respectively since relegation from the league and haven't even been close to getting promoted. You can also add to that Luton Town who took 5 seasons to get promoted. Fcking laughable.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Conference on 19:43 - Mar 22 with 2243 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Conference on 19:41 - Mar 22 by CamberleyR

Are we seriously suggesting we would be better off in the Conference? Try asking the fans of Wrexham, Grimsby Town and Lincoln City if they enjoy playing in the Conference who have been there 7, 5 and 4 seasons respectively since relegation from the league and haven't even been close to getting promoted. You can also add to that Luton Town who took 5 seasons to get promoted. Fcking laughable.

No one is saying the club would be better off, but I'm saying the fans (who attend) would.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 19:52]
The Conference on 19:51 - Mar 22 with 2217 viewsDeano19766

Sorry, I forgot the Premiership is the greatest league in the world. I forgot how thoroughly enjoyable it is to be ripped off for tickets, have KO times continually switched, come behind people watching on tv around the world in the clubs list of priorities, watch egotistical idiots on obscene money run around purportedly representing the club, have absolutely no connection with said egotistical idiots whatsoever, look forward to a fight for 17th place every season and have absolutely no chance of EVER winning the thing unless somebody spends billions of pounds to fund it. What more could a football supporter want. The best league in the world. The place to be. Of course. How could I possibly forget
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 20:02]
The Conference on 19:58 - Mar 22 with 2184 viewsrsonist

We do owe Vauxhall Motors some payback to be fair.
The Conference on 20:04 - Mar 22 with 2164 viewsMonahoop

The Conference on 19:41 - Mar 22 by CamberleyR

Stockport County who not so long ago were in the Football Leagues second tier, suffered relegation to the Conference North, or did they drop further into the Northern Premier League, I can't recall now. Chester City, Scarborough and a couple of others went bust. Their fans had less to be happy about than the likes of Grimsby, Wrexham etc who at least have a club to follow for the time being.

If QPR were to become a Conference outfit, just think of this. We could become 'giant killers' if we were to beat a league team in an FA Cup tie. It wouldn't happen of course, the club would fall at the 4th Qualifying Round to Stavely Miners Welfare Tea Makers FC or such like. That wouldn't happen though or us being in the Conference for that matter.

Would it?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

The Conference on 20:07 - Mar 22 with 2156 viewsTacticalR

Stavely Miners Welfare Tea Makers FC is never an easy game.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 20:07]

Air hostess clique

The Conference on 20:21 - Mar 22 with 2123 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Conference on 20:07 - Mar 22 by TacticalR

Stavely Miners Welfare Tea Makers FC is never an easy game.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 20:07]

Saw them once away at West Ickerton Mills Union & Pensions. Horrible firm.
The Conference on 20:35 - Mar 22 with 2073 viewsRangersw12

The Conference on 19:43 - Mar 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

No one is saying the club would be better off, but I'm saying the fans (who attend) would.

[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 19:52]

After the novelty had worn off the fans would be moaning like fck
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:17 - Mar 22 with 2000 viewsgobbles

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:11 - Mar 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Then so what.

We continue to play In the league we are in, with joyous away wins at Alfreton, Tamworth, North Ferriby, and Rag Arse Rovers. Everyone gets a aisle to themselves at HQ and no queue in the upper loft for the pisser or Carlsberg urine in a bottle. We'll sing pigbag (all 1,000 of us) and have a great time free of the shackles of the Premieship BS machine. I'll go home happy in the knowledge that win lose or draw, I'm not lower in the pecking order than some Malaysion pay per view vvanker with his crisp half and half United scarf round his neck .

Absolute rubbish. Who would come and watch a team with no hope of ever being promoted? Who would invest in it?
Even if they dodged a Football League fine, the other debts would still remain. Are Conference crowds and Conference TV money going to even service the interest on that?
The club would be liquidated within a month and be reformed playing in a park in something like the Middlesex League in front of 50 people
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 21:39]
The Conference on 21:43 - Mar 22 with 1929 viewsHollowayRanger

tempting all those unknown clubs all these wins to be had

FORGET IT

we aren't Glasgow rangers

we're little old QPR if we went to the conference we could well stay there and certainly wouldn't get back any time soon

the championship is and always has been my favourite division post scummy sky ,real teams of players all striving to make it to the top and refs happy to let men be men when tackling

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024