Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running of the Bulls 05:30 - Jul 18 with 1556 viewsisawqpratwcity

I've always thought of the Pamplona "Running of the Bulls" as some kind of Darwinian public service, but this article suggests that Britons are most likely to be injured while the French least, so put whatever interpretation you like on it.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/your-chances-of-being-gored-by-a-bull-in-pamp

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Running of the Bulls on 08:17 - Jul 18 with 1488 viewsloftboy

Didn't a Frenchman die this week after being gored

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Running of the Bulls on 09:07 - Jul 18 with 1465 viewsBrianMcCarthy

About twenty years ago some veggie protesters from England went over to protest against the running of the bulls. Their mistake might have been protesting directly outside the gate. Or maybe it was not telling the bulls that they were on their side. Or maybe it was - yes, this is true - having their placards painted in red.

Either way, and somewhat predictably, when the gates opened, they were unceremoniously gored by their beloved bulls. And thus participants in blood sports themselves.

Even as a sometimes veggie myself, I was amused at the irony.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2015 9:21]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Running of the Bulls on 09:33 - Jul 18 with 1434 viewsjohncharles

I'd like to see the French go up against our seagulls

Strong and stable my arse.

Running of the Bulls on 09:54 - Jul 18 with 1413 viewsBrightonhoop

I did Pamplona in 2011, largely to underscore 10 years since my lovely ol' mum passed away.Now living in Spain and seeing how they treat animals daily, I couldn't participate. The arguments for and against have been done to death, as have several participants.

The run takes about 6 mins but only takes a moment to die....you're at far more risk of being trampled by fellow runners if you fall, and people fall a lot. The real problems are when 2 or 3 get seperated from the herd and turn looking for direction, which happened the morning before I ran, and several people got put into the air. Focussed the mind when I ran.

Ayway I blame Hemmngway.
Running of the Bulls on 10:44 - Jul 18 with 1369 viewsDorse

They could try other versions?

The Running of the Kittens would be quite spectacle. Hundreds of grown men, smeared in cat food running, screaming away from 500 ginger toms.

The Running of the Charity Collectors. People relentlessly pursued by Save The Dancing Bears, Lesbian Dance Academy and Hare Krishna collectors. Set to the Benny Hill theme.

The Running of the Daleks. Panicked herds of Cos-Play, sci-fi fans are chased through ever tightening alleys by an implacable killer from Skaro. Only those that reach the stairs survive and will be allowed to breed.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Running of the Bulls on 11:17 - Jul 18 with 1351 viewsexiled_dictator

Running of the Bulls on 10:44 - Jul 18 by Dorse

The Running of the Kittens would be quite spectacle. Hundreds of grown men, smeared in cat food running, screaming away from 500 ginger toms.

The Running of the Charity Collectors. People relentlessly pursued by Save The Dancing Bears, Lesbian Dance Academy and Hare Krishna collectors. Set to the Benny Hill theme.

The Running of the Daleks. Panicked herds of Cos-Play, sci-fi fans are chased through ever tightening alleys by an implacable killer from Skaro. Only those that reach the stairs survive and will be allowed to breed.

the running of the charity collector

absolutely brilliant.
took me ages to stop laughing, and people are still looking at me as if i'm mad.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Running of the Bulls on 11:35 - Jul 18 with 1329 viewsdistortR

Running of the Bulls on 10:44 - Jul 18 by Dorse

Superb. I once read in a paper how portly footballer billy Whitehouse had outrun the old bill after a night on the razz. A more searing indictment of our police force i have never heard.
Running of the Bulls on 17:22 - Jul 18 with 1156 viewsjohncharles

Running the Bulls. How about opening all the side streets but blocking them off 50 metres down. Complete panic and mayhem with some serious goring. TV cameras all over the place to catch the action.
Hey, come on, it's entertainment

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Running of the Bulls on 19:19 - Jul 18 with 1102 viewsDeano19766

Running of the Bulls on 09:54 - Jul 18 by Brightonhoop

I did Pamplona in 2011, largely to underscore 10 years since my lovely ol' mum passed away.Now living in Spain and seeing how they treat animals daily, I couldn't participate. The arguments for and against have been done to death, as have several participants.

The run takes about 6 mins but only takes a moment to die....you're at far more risk of being trampled by fellow runners if you fall, and people fall a lot. The real problems are when 2 or 3 get seperated from the herd and turn looking for direction, which happened the morning before I ran, and several people got put into the air. Focussed the mind when I ran.

Ayway I blame Hemmngway.

Very pleasing to hear some of these idiots die I have to say. In fact it's a real shame all of them don't get gored to death and finally put a stop to this nonsense
[Post edited 18 Jul 2015 20:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024