Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commentary on BBC London/'Player' 15:40 - Jan 27 with 2084 viewsBklynRanger

The discrpancy between what we were forced to listen to yesterday and the accounts of just about everybody who went is ridiculous.

90 minutes of inane guff - jokes, puns, insults about the standard of the game. Some of us wondered if he was a bit drunk, and maybe he was. Froggat at the end didn't have a good word to say about anyone except Conor Washington.

Phil Parry is, by all accounts, including his own, a QPR fan. I've usually found him to be one of the better commentators when he makes an effort. Yesterday he just sounded like some kind of spoilt bastard Premier League afficionado who sees the Championship as beneath him. It's always been the case that you can't take a commentator's views as gospel, to put it mildly, but that effort yesterday was a joke.

No point writing to him of course - he'll just say everyone who went was biased into some kind of temporary blindness.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 15:44]
Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 15:58 - Jan 27 with 2019 viewsLongsufferingR

Never been able to stand Phil Parry tbh. He's the only one who finds his brand of "humour" remotely funny and he's rapidly approaching Jonathan "how many errors can I get into one commentary" Pearce and Clive "can I get my tongue further up Man.U." Tyldesley on my most hated list.

Steve Froggatt makes some valid points from time to time though, so it's not all bad!
Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 16:21 - Jan 27 with 1966 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Parry is the funniest person he knows. It was ok to start with but by the end it was just childish drivel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 16:28 - Jan 27 with 1932 viewsTacticalR

I tend to give him slack as he's a QPR fan.

Having said that him and Froggatt did give a pretty jaundiced view of things and at times sounded like two characters in an absurdist drama desperately trying to keep themselves amused.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 16:28]

Air hostess clique

Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 16:36 - Jan 27 with 1893 viewstoboboly

Well my DAB radio had some bloke debating on it. Nothing to do with the football. BBC London does two different shows depending on what device you listen on. It's unnecessary and fcking annoying frankly.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 17:35 - Jan 27 with 1812 viewsBklynRanger

Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 16:28 - Jan 27 by TacticalR

I tend to give him slack as he's a QPR fan.

Having said that him and Froggatt did give a pretty jaundiced view of things and at times sounded like two characters in an absurdist drama desperately trying to keep themselves amused.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 16:28]

Yeah I normally cut him a drop of the old slack. He obviously just wasn't interested yesterday. I'll leave it now but how, for example, could he have said that it was Poulter who took that free kick at the end of the first half? And I don't think he even corrected it.
Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 18:06 - Jan 27 with 1761 viewsQPRDave

Have to agree with op. The comms last night were f**kin awful, as they always seem to be.
I find PP goes off on one everytime I listen to him, rattling on about everything except the game in front of him.
Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 19:07 - Jan 27 with 1654 viewsTacticalR

Commentary on BBC London/'Player' on 17:35 - Jan 27 by BklynRanger

Yeah I normally cut him a drop of the old slack. He obviously just wasn't interested yesterday. I'll leave it now but how, for example, could he have said that it was Poulter who took that free kick at the end of the first half? And I don't think he even corrected it.

Poor bloke's probably seen too many QPR matches. That can do funny things to a man.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024