Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bidwell Set to Sign 16:11 - Jun 30 with 10498 viewsdaveB

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-jake-bidwell-deal
Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:18 - Jun 30 with 5149 viewsadhoc_qpr

Well the defence is certainly improving with Lynch and Bidwell adding depth and quality, plus the Polish defensive midfielder joining too..

Doesn't seem to bode well for Robinson's future at the club though as £1.3m is no small fee for us now and means Bidwell is surely earmarked to start.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:26 - Jun 30 with 5068 viewssimmo

I'm reserving judgement/excitement until it's official, but if this goes through at that price it will be the best bit of business we'll make all season. Now Robertson is in the premiership, Bidwell is the best LB in this division. 1.3m is an absolute bargain.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:27 - Jun 30 with 5063 viewsstevec

6 footers across the back, Polish defensive central midfielder, Karl Henry.
I have a sneaky feeling JFH is moving us towards a 4-4-2.

Praise be to the Lord.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:29 - Jun 30 with 5047 viewsMytch_QPR

Good signing, very positive...

However, at the risk of being negative have we released any other players? (I assume the Fer deal is still in the balance) and will we ever hear the final judgement on FFP?

(dodges bricks)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:48 - Jun 30 with 4950 viewsrsonist

Not sure about best LB in the division (I wouldn't have paid the £3m originally mooted) but young, experienced at this level, injury-free (seems we can't rely on Robinson) and Brentford captain to boot. As with Lynch he ticks all the boxes at that price. Good stuff.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:51 - Jun 30 with 4918 viewsdaveB

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:29 - Jun 30 by Mytch_QPR

Good signing, very positive...

However, at the risk of being negative have we released any other players? (I assume the Fer deal is still in the balance) and will we ever hear the final judgement on FFP?

(dodges bricks)

No one else gone yet. Sandro failed a medical so still with us, Hoiletts contract runs out today so no idea what he is doing. i think Fer and Caulker will go this summer.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:53 - Jun 30 with 4903 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:27 - Jun 30 by stevec

6 footers across the back, Polish defensive central midfielder, Karl Henry.
I have a sneaky feeling JFH is moving us towards a 4-4-2.

Praise be to the Lord.

I think we're going to be looking to get right in the faces of the oppo next season.

Arms out, 'kin 'ave it with a real up and at 'em style.

Not sure if Robinson's injuries are such that JFH has reservations and I wonder what will happen to Kepawa as well. Still think there is promise there.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:04 - Jun 30 with 4815 viewsrsonist

From what I'm seeing around the web Bidwell's maybe gone a bit stale after 5 years there and it's come to a natural end, but he's still a solid 7/10 every game - Mr Reliable. Tend to think players like that are extremely underrated myself.

Looks a bit like a young Konchesky come to mention it...

(Would love us to be in for Adam Forshaw at Boro by the way. His old mate Bidwell being here would definitely help with that.)
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 17:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:08 - Jun 30 with 4772 viewsjohncharles

It looks to me as if young Jimmy Floyd and Sir Les have a plan or should I have had a plan for some time now. A well thought out purchasing policy.
Whatever happened to the good old days when agents sent their catalogues out and 'Arry sat up in bed of a morning tidking off the best commissions.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:13 - Jun 30 with 4734 viewspaulparker

Well done les & Jimmy
Like any team who has ambitions to do anything you start from the back, slowly but surely we are making canny buys , smithies,Ingram, hall, ned, bidwell, lynch , perch, Robinson , we will be hard to beat , I was laughed at on the Newcastle thread saying we will be the dark horses , but I think we will
Teamwork, graft, fitness, resilience and a good goal scorer gets you out of this league and bar the out and out striker to help polter & Washington we ain't far off that
Keep them coming

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:14 - Jun 30 with 4731 viewsrunningman75

Good plan to sign a decent Brentford player to wind them up when we play them ( work well with Bircham though he was an r's fan).
Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:20 - Jun 30 with 4701 viewsjohncharles

As you say hard work, fitness and resilience. Good to see we're signing players who can run for 90 minutes for 40 games.

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:22 - Jun 30 with 4699 viewssimmo

Bidwell Set to Sign on 16:48 - Jun 30 by rsonist

Not sure about best LB in the division (I wouldn't have paid the £3m originally mooted) but young, experienced at this level, injury-free (seems we can't rely on Robinson) and Brentford captain to boot. As with Lynch he ticks all the boxes at that price. Good stuff.

Who in your opinion is better? (genuine question). For me he's the left sided version of Trippier froma few years back. Former premiership graduate that dropped a division and consistently played well enough to become captain and is probably their best player. If he wasn't in his last year of contract he'd be worth £3m and some.

I get the feeling JFH and Les want competition for places and by that I mean 2 potential 1st choice players per position. We've seen that with Smithies/Ingram and it looks as though we're doing the same in defence. Throw in the odd utility player and those that can cover more than 1 position and not only do we have good options to encourage competition for places, but we have the depth to deal with a Championship season and *closes eyes and whispers* 2 cup runs....
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 17:27]

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:47 - Jun 30 with 4580 viewsrsonist

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:22 - Jun 30 by simmo

Who in your opinion is better? (genuine question). For me he's the left sided version of Trippier froma few years back. Former premiership graduate that dropped a division and consistently played well enough to become captain and is probably their best player. If he wasn't in his last year of contract he'd be worth £3m and some.

I get the feeling JFH and Les want competition for places and by that I mean 2 potential 1st choice players per position. We've seen that with Smithies/Ingram and it looks as though we're doing the same in defence. Throw in the odd utility player and those that can cover more than 1 position and not only do we have good options to encourage competition for places, but we have the depth to deal with a Championship season and *closes eyes and whispers* 2 cup runs....
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 17:27]

I must be honest, I hadn't really thought it through when I said it. Now Friend, Robertson and Mee are gone it's a possibility, you're right. I like Scott Malone and Charlie Taylor, plus Jordan Obita has his moments sometimes but they're all more about rawer mainly attacking potential rather than Bidwell's solidity and leadership.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:54 - Jun 30 with 4548 viewssimmo

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:47 - Jun 30 by rsonist

I must be honest, I hadn't really thought it through when I said it. Now Friend, Robertson and Mee are gone it's a possibility, you're right. I like Scott Malone and Charlie Taylor, plus Jordan Obita has his moments sometimes but they're all more about rawer mainly attacking potential rather than Bidwell's solidity and leadership.

He got 4 assists and 3 goals last season, the assists could improve but that's a decent return and more than most of our midfielders got! Doesn't he also take free kicks?

Mee I also rated but he switched to CB this season and did really well. I liked Friend and Robertson, the latter I think has the potential to be the next Cresswell and will be bought by a bigger team than Hull by the end of next season.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 17:56]

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:12 - Jun 30 with 4474 viewsWeaverQPR

Is JB Brentford captain? Would you consider making him ours? Does the weight of captaincy have a negative effect on nervous Ned?

@WeavQPR

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:55 - Jun 30 with 4306 viewsjohncharles

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:12 - Jun 30 by WeaverQPR

Is JB Brentford captain? Would you consider making him ours? Does the weight of captaincy have a negative effect on nervous Ned?

The captaincy hasn't done Ned any favours. He'll better off without it. Bidwell on the other hand is a natural. JFH will make the decision. It's not a sacking for Ned, just not a good idea in the first place.

Bidwell Set to Sign on 18:56 - Jun 30 with 4294 viewsterryb

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:13 - Jun 30 by paulparker

Well done les & Jimmy
Like any team who has ambitions to do anything you start from the back, slowly but surely we are making canny buys , smithies,Ingram, hall, ned, bidwell, lynch , perch, Robinson , we will be hard to beat , I was laughed at on the Newcastle thread saying we will be the dark horses , but I think we will
Teamwork, graft, fitness, resilience and a good goal scorer gets you out of this league and bar the out and out striker to help polter & Washington we ain't far off that
Keep them coming

Yes, that does look a dercent defence. In fromt of them we ahvwe a choice between, The Pole (sorry, I will know his name by the start of the season), Luongo & Henry. That looks fairly solid.

Chery, Polter & Washington give us a little competition in the attacking area as well. I'm just a little concerded about our width though.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 19:26 - Jun 30 with 4165 viewsNoDiddley

Bidwell Set to Sign on 17:14 - Jun 30 by runningman75

Good plan to sign a decent Brentford player to wind them up when we play them ( work well with Bircham though he was an r's fan).

Bircham came from MILLWALL
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:11 - Jun 30 with 4017 viewsswitchingcode

Good steady left back gets forward but not so special at and crossing and not that quick.Could think of a few other players l would be more gutted if they had taken his route.He was made captain by the previous manager who only lasted a few games and most fans were surprised as he's not very vocal on the pitch but it never affected his game.For a young player he has got 200 games under his belt and can't ever remember him having a mare in the many games I've seen him play.We have to pay Everton 50% of any fee we receive I so I expect we will get about 750 k.
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:25 - Jun 30 with 3974 viewsBasingstokeR

Who are the other players you'd be more gutted about?
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:37 - Jun 30 with 3919 viewseghamranger

Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:25 - Jun 30 by BasingstokeR

When we played them at home they had a young ginger haired fella who had a really good game and was a stand out player for them
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:41 - Jun 30 with 3902 viewsHollowayRanger

Couldn't careless about the defence it was ok last season

ITS STRIKERS THAT CAN SCORE THATS WHAT WE NEED

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:49 - Jun 30 with 3866 viewsswitchingcode

Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:25 - Jun 30 by BasingstokeR

Woods Hogan Vibe Barbet Judge Colin Yanaris Macca
Bidwell Set to Sign on 20:50 - Jun 30 with 3859 viewsswitchingcode

Woods
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024