Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? 04:24 - Jul 6 with 2218 viewsJAPRANGERS

Brexit happened, or will happen, I guess.

https://www.oanda.com/currency/live-exchange-rates/

Never seen the pound so low against the yen at 129.

Good for moi as I have to grab a bunch of pounds for my yearly trip to Blighty later this year and watch a game or 3 of the mighty Rs!

But surely this going to stoke inflation big time??
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:07 - Jul 6 with 2120 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Pound!!!

We've all been using bitcoins in lieu of a Brexit and have quite literally, cleaned up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:39 - Jul 6 with 2075 viewsBrightonhoop

Wait until Article 50 is started, then it's going to drop a whole load more.

Not good here, earning in Sterling and paying bills in Euros. Terrible for the ex-pat pensioners on fixed incomes paid in sterling and converted to Euros, will have a major knock on effect to local businesses Spanish and British.

The £ needs to get a raging 'ard on. And Quickly.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:41 - Jul 6 with 2069 viewsizlingtonhoop

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:39 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

Not good here, earning in Sterling and paying bills in Euros. Terrible for the ex-pat pensioners on fixed incomes paid in sterling and converted to Euros, will have a major knock on effect to local businesses Spanish and British.

Wait until Adele 50.

At least she might have stopped shouting by then.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:45 - Jul 6 with 2058 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:41 - Jul 6 by izlingtonhoop

Wait until Adele 50.

At least she might have stopped shouting by then.

I'm thinking a blond common Hattie Jaques at 50.

Sorry I digress.

Wait 'til Greece needs another bailout the EURO will tumble.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 09:01 - Jul 6 with 2021 viewsNorthernr

DUNT MATTAH MATE, WIV GOT ARE C U NTRY BACK.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 09:21 - Jul 6 with 1995 viewsRamseyR

I import from China paying for goods in USD. Luckily this months order was a relatively small one but the recent exchange rate meant my bill was £600 more than originally estimated.
The sickener is I had the chance to pay it/reserve exchange rate before the referendum, but gambled that we would stay in and I would probably "make" £150 on a surging pound the following morning.
Done it for over a decade now...peaks and troughs.

It will hit inflation though eventually as companies cannot take a 10% hit for long
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 1960 viewsTheBlob

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........battered Pound........better than Breaded Euro........sweet 'n sour renminbi?...........it's all good.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 09:41 - Jul 6 with 1947 viewsCamberleyR

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:45 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm thinking a blond common Hattie Jaques at 50.

Sorry I digress.

Wait 'til Greece needs another bailout the EURO will tumble.

"Call me Lavinia"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1910 viewsCammington

Just project fear though innit? What do 'experts' know.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:40 - Jul 6 with 1746 viewsFredManRave

Popping back to Blighty in few weeks time and will be needing to get some good old fashioned GBP's. However, I can't exchange directly from local currency to sterling so wanted to know if it makes any difference if I buy either USD or Euro and then convert to sterling or are they much of muchness?

Any answers that'll be potentially saving me a few pennies would be appreciated...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:42 - Jul 6 with 1736 viewsBrightonhoop

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:40 - Jul 6 by FredManRave

Popping back to Blighty in few weeks time and will be needing to get some good old fashioned GBP's. However, I can't exchange directly from local currency to sterling so wanted to know if it makes any difference if I buy either USD or Euro and then convert to sterling or are they much of muchness?

Any answers that'll be potentially saving me a few pennies would be appreciated...

Euro is somehow stronger the pound but still weak to the marrow of its bones. I'd buy Dollars myself but do some research to form your decision, the daily wobbles are huge.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:48 - Jul 6 with 1723 viewsTheBlob

I'd buy Venezuelan Bolivars.Got to come back sooner or later.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 1702 viewsFredManRave

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 13:42 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

Euro is somehow stronger the pound but still weak to the marrow of its bones. I'd buy Dollars myself but do some research to form your decision, the daily wobbles are huge.

Cheers, Brighton. I will do a bit more research. Just my luck the daily wobbles aren't the ones I'd usually enjoy.

I've got the Power.

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 1681 viewsRamseyR

I'm sure this is far from over but....

Today was a new 31 year low for the pound.....1985....when we were in the EU!

Of course Brexit has hit the ££ but we've been here before. Admittedly it could fall a lot farther once (if) this article 50 thing gets played out.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 14:10 - Jul 6 with 1658 viewsbob566

sales of tinned goods will go through the roof any minute now. The new currency will be the humble baked bean.
Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 14:15 - Jul 6 with 1640 viewsFredManRave

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 14:10 - Jul 6 by bob566

sales of tinned goods will go through the roof any minute now. The new currency will be the humble baked bean.

So we can expect and increase in players being sent off for farting then?!

I've got the Power.

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 15:29 - Jul 6 with 1565 viewsderbyhoop

Wow, what happened to the ol' battered Pound?? on 08:39 - Jul 6 by Brightonhoop

Amen to that.

£1000 converted to Euros would have given 1310 Euros on June 23rd.
Now, you get 1170.
Ex -pat pensioners would see their income drop by 140 Euros per month. In the space of 3 weeks.
Good job for the UK that none of them can afford to come back.

Glad to see Boris taking back control.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024