Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referees 13:42 - Sep 5 with 1028 viewsPinnerPaul

This will get you talking!

I agree with every word, but am bound to be in a tiny minority on here!

http://www.football365.com/news/bum-notes-are-part-of-live-referee-experience

Fire away!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 13:43]
Referees on 14:20 - Sep 5 with 970 viewsJuzzie

For me the biggest problem is a sport that's turned into a multi-billion pound global industry.

The pressures to 'get results' (I thought football was an entertainment) is at 9+ on the Richter Scale.

Sure, you get ref's who seem to want to be the centre of attention and IMO a ref (as with a club chairman) should be someone you don't even notice let alone know their name, where they come from, how many tattoos they have and so on.

I think it hasn't helped that football, probably the biggest sport in the world, is way behind in terms of using technology to aid the officials and you end up with overpaid man-child's throwing themselves to the ground (as Rooney blatantly did in the latter stages of the game yesterday) screaming at the ref's en masse and so on as the governing bodies are too chicken shit to punish the players/clubs.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 14:24]
Referees on 14:33 - Sep 5 with 943 viewsDWQPR

Referees on 14:20 - Sep 5 by Juzzie

For me the biggest problem is a sport that's turned into a multi-billion pound global industry.

The pressures to 'get results' (I thought football was an entertainment) is at 9+ on the Richter Scale.

Sure, you get ref's who seem to want to be the centre of attention and IMO a ref (as with a club chairman) should be someone you don't even notice let alone know their name, where they come from, how many tattoos they have and so on.

I think it hasn't helped that football, probably the biggest sport in the world, is way behind in terms of using technology to aid the officials and you end up with overpaid man-child's throwing themselves to the ground (as Rooney blatantly did in the latter stages of the game yesterday) screaming at the ref's en masse and so on as the governing bodies are too chicken shit to punish the players/clubs.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 14:24]

Was listening to Neil Warnock on Talkshîte last week about the Aguero elbow and before Mark Halsey came out with this accusation and Warnock said exactly the same thing that Ref's are directed by the PGMOL to say they didn't see things in their report that could mark them down rather than admit that they did and took no action.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Referees on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 913 viewsbob566

do whatever they are doing in rugby because the players seem to respect the refs there. Nobody questions them back.
Referees on 15:14 - Sep 5 with 854 viewsrrrspricey

Referees on 14:51 - Sep 5 by bob566

do whatever they are doing in rugby because the players seem to respect the refs there. Nobody questions them back.

What bob said. Captain addresses the ref and if anyone else does (unless called by the ref to do so), yellow card.
Referees on 15:16 - Sep 5 with 857 viewsHarbour

Can see the logic Paul. One thing I see game after game and that's the lack of intervention and assistance from the Lino or even the ref asking for help with a decision .... the one big exception when the ref consulted the Lino before sending o'neil off at Wembley...should see more of that to help the ref
Referees on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 843 viewsbob566

here's another thing. Has anybody ever seen the two guys beside the post intervene in anything?

I don't think I have
Referees on 15:31 - Sep 5 with 839 viewskensalriser

Bang on - and isn't this enshrined in the 'referee's decision is final' rule? If that is in fact a rule, I haven't studied them.

I have no idea how refs do the job. Much of the time I haven't got a clue what's happened in play, what decision has been given and why. Even sometimes when you have the benefit of slow-motion replays it's impossible to see what really occurred. Refs get lambasted for guessing decisons but sometimes they don't have a choice. It's not as if they'll get an honest and unbiased comment from a player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024