Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH 17:07 - Oct 15 with 5996 viewsGloucs_R

Still building something or just useless?

McLaren, Bruce and Warnock all unavailable now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

JFH on 17:16 - Oct 15 with 4543 viewsLowerloftLad

We are not good enough for the premiership and we are not ready
We don't want to be playing in league one
So 4 points from the last two games sitting nicely in the middle of the championship is where we should be so I can't see the mass panic

My last game was fulham at home last season so I can only assume the football being played is very negative

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

JFH on 17:24 - Oct 15 with 4487 viewsBrixtonR

Pearsons Available
JFH on 17:32 - Oct 15 with 4434 viewsNov77

He has the full backing of the board dontcha' know?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

JFH on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 4422 viewsBrixtonR

JFH on 17:32 - Oct 15 by Nov77

He has the full backing of the board dontcha' know?

What about the Bored ?
JFH on 17:36 - Oct 15 with 4405 viewsNorthernr

McClaren no longer being available is a good thing surely?
JFH on 17:36 - Oct 15 with 4404 viewsWadR

Just on the train home, and although I'm a Jimmy backer, today was a slight turning point for me.

Perhaps it's unfair, but watching the two teams today there was a massive gulf in fluidity and technical ability. The way Stam had them set up, always looking to pass out from the keeper was laudable even if it was a bit too extreme in the first half. But it was their second half performance that impressed me. They were playing a very fluid 4-3-3. Their fullbacks got really high up, Swift and Williams were dominant in midfield. They generally just looked a far better team.

Stam has been at Reading for half the amount of time Jimmy's been here, will have a smaller wage bill and playing budget and I don't think there's much between the teams in terms of quality. But we were disjointed, slow and offered very little creativity today.

Plus, I'd question Hasselbaink's decision to bring on Sylla. It came off as desperate to me. We were being overrun and outplayed in midfield, Henry especially was struggling. Thought we were screaming out for Luongo to come on for Chery (who had a poor game). Or even Gladwin, if Luongo wasn't up to it physically. All it did was stretch the game, move Chery out of position where he was exposed defensively and make us play very direct.

Still very much behind giving Jimmy the season, but found today quite disheartening
JFH on 17:40 - Oct 15 with 4362 viewsLadbrokeR

JFH on 17:36 - Oct 15 by WadR

Just on the train home, and although I'm a Jimmy backer, today was a slight turning point for me.

Perhaps it's unfair, but watching the two teams today there was a massive gulf in fluidity and technical ability. The way Stam had them set up, always looking to pass out from the keeper was laudable even if it was a bit too extreme in the first half. But it was their second half performance that impressed me. They were playing a very fluid 4-3-3. Their fullbacks got really high up, Swift and Williams were dominant in midfield. They generally just looked a far better team.

Stam has been at Reading for half the amount of time Jimmy's been here, will have a smaller wage bill and playing budget and I don't think there's much between the teams in terms of quality. But we were disjointed, slow and offered very little creativity today.

Plus, I'd question Hasselbaink's decision to bring on Sylla. It came off as desperate to me. We were being overrun and outplayed in midfield, Henry especially was struggling. Thought we were screaming out for Luongo to come on for Chery (who had a poor game). Or even Gladwin, if Luongo wasn't up to it physically. All it did was stretch the game, move Chery out of position where he was exposed defensively and make us play very direct.

Still very much behind giving Jimmy the season, but found today quite disheartening

Reading were more fluid and Henry was struggling. I couldn't make it today. I only hope we don't sleep walk into a relegation fight because I am not sure that we have got enough about us. Let's see what happens Tuesday I would think Bristol will come looking for a win.
JFH on 17:45 - Oct 15 with 4324 viewsDWQPR

Whilst Hasselbaink stays in charge we will continue to watch the dross we have seen all season. It seems the club doesn't get it. The crowds are dwindling, the atmosphere is awful, but what have we got to cheer about? You have the bright light of Shodipo, who provided a world class pass for the goal then get starved of the ball for the next 40 minutes so he gets taken off, route one, lazy football continually, ends up with two centre forwards with no wingers and Karl Henry dragging the team back 20 yards with his backwards passing. And on top of that we have our best centre half playing on the left. It really is dross of the highest order. I don't want to be a 'manager out moaner' I suspect that no fan wants to be that, I want to go along and be entertained every week, good attacking football and I team with passion. We were again out passed, out thought and out fought today and if it wasn't for Smithies, again, we would have lost comfortably. Hasselbaink got very lucky at Fulham, in reality we should have got our annual stuffing there and the board should not hide away from that fact. He is a poor manager over-seeing a squad that I feel could do some serious damage in this league but are being held back by some awful decisions. I just wish he would go now.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 17:47]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 4246 viewsRangersw12

JFH on 17:45 - Oct 15 by DWQPR

Whilst Hasselbaink stays in charge we will continue to watch the dross we have seen all season. It seems the club doesn't get it. The crowds are dwindling, the atmosphere is awful, but what have we got to cheer about? You have the bright light of Shodipo, who provided a world class pass for the goal then get starved of the ball for the next 40 minutes so he gets taken off, route one, lazy football continually, ends up with two centre forwards with no wingers and Karl Henry dragging the team back 20 yards with his backwards passing. And on top of that we have our best centre half playing on the left. It really is dross of the highest order. I don't want to be a 'manager out moaner' I suspect that no fan wants to be that, I want to go along and be entertained every week, good attacking football and I team with passion. We were again out passed, out thought and out fought today and if it wasn't for Smithies, again, we would have lost comfortably. Hasselbaink got very lucky at Fulham, in reality we should have got our annual stuffing there and the board should not hide away from that fact. He is a poor manager over-seeing a squad that I feel could do some serious damage in this league but are being held back by some awful decisions. I just wish he would go now.

So who's the latest new manager that will get us playing attacking football ?
JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 4246 viewsLesleys_cat

Just back. As long as he stays, that style of football (or lack of) will continue. It will not change. I really noticed the empty seats today. Shodipo's moment alone, the rest was shiteball, incredibly tedious. Long ball, long ball, lose ball, back pass, long ball, lose ball, back pass ad infinitum. But you know we are in a period of transition and should just shut up and put up with it. Yeah right!
JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 4237 viewsWadR

JFH on 17:40 - Oct 15 by LadbrokeR

Reading were more fluid and Henry was struggling. I couldn't make it today. I only hope we don't sleep walk into a relegation fight because I am not sure that we have got enough about us. Let's see what happens Tuesday I would think Bristol will come looking for a win.

I think it's very unlikely we'll be drawn into a relegation battle. I know it's relatively early, but we're closer to the play offs than the relegation zone.

Plus, due to a mix of injuries, post-international fatigue, personal tragedies we still haven't seen our strongest XI. There's no way Henry is in Jimmy's preferred XI. We haven't seen Luongo, Boryisuk, Wszolek, Chery and Ngbakoto all playing in the same team. Would hope we'd look better

I'm conscious, after re-reading it, that my first post might make it sound like Reading were very good. They're not, they're a side that will come somewehre between 5th and 10th. But they had a clear cohesive game plan, attacking intent and an attractive play style (and 3/4 impressive players) - all of which were absent from Rangers today.
JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 with 4237 viewsBrixtonR

JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 by Rangersw12

Nigel Pearson of course
JFH on 17:55 - Oct 15 with 4228 viewsjohnhoop

Just got back home and I'm searching my memory for one single shot that we had in the second half but I really can't remember one.Is it my memory being defective and can anybody else think of any goal attempts we had down the Loft End?
JFH on 17:59 - Oct 15 with 4199 viewsRANGERS4EVER

JFH on 17:55 - Oct 15 by johnhoop

Just got back home and I'm searching my memory for one single shot that we had in the second half but I really can't remember one.Is it my memory being defective and can anybody else think of any goal attempts we had down the Loft End?

A Polter header. That's about it

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

JFH on 18:02 - Oct 15 with 4163 viewsDWQPR

JFH on 17:54 - Oct 15 by Rangersw12

I assume that you didn't go today? And that you haven't been much this season. Haven't got a clue who could take over at the moment but I was saying to my brother on the way out of the ground that the team under Holloway in League One awake far more entertaining, more cohesive, better football and a shedload more passion. The football is dreadful, really dreadful and the result will be more empty seats, and a worser atmosphere.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

JFH on 18:08 - Oct 15 with 4119 viewsStanisgod

JFH on 17:45 - Oct 15 by DWQPR

Bloke next to asked me if I could see any improvement so far , had to say no , its like groundhog day watching us at the moment , watching the same game over again. Even when the subs came on it got actually worse , our passing at times is under 10 standard , our finishing even worse.
The only saving grace is they do look like they are at least trying.
Enjoyed half time though , a lot of my heroes there , if Cookie had come out with Kev etc I would probably have wet myself !!! Assume he was busy.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

JFH on 18:21 - Oct 15 with 4038 viewsGloucs_R

What is JFH record please?

JFH on 18:27 - Oct 15 with 3979 viewsStanisgod

JFH on 18:21 - Oct 15 by Gloucs_R

Down Down by Quo.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

JFH on 18:32 - Oct 15 with 3935 viewsRangersw12

JFH on 18:02 - Oct 15 by DWQPR

I assume that you didn't go today? And that you haven't been much this season. Haven't got a clue who could take over at the moment but I was saying to my brother on the way out of the ground that the team under Holloway in League One awake far more entertaining, more cohesive, better football and a shedload more passion. The football is dreadful, really dreadful and the result will be more empty seats, and a worser atmosphere.

Been a few times this season last game was Fulham but no couldn't go today but I'm going to Sheffield next week

The point is we have been dreadful over the last 20 odd years or so bar promotion seasons so I don't know why people expect attacking football and this is the worst seasn ever have people forgotten football under
Houston , Harford , Francis ( relegation season ) , Sousa , Hart and Redknapp ?

I still don't know why people think the next manager will do any differnet
JFH on 18:34 - Oct 15 with 3922 viewsGloucs_R

JFH on 18:27 - Oct 15 by Stanisgod

Down Down by Quo.

JFH on 18:34 - Oct 15 with 3922 viewsBostonR

Useless!
Playing Henry at home just sends the wrong message. What is it that he sees in playing him that 13,000 others don't? As for Onuaha - he is an accident waiting to happen and should never be in the team.
Generally he is useless because week after week there is no improvement- we just try and kick it higher and further. I sit in SAR and the natives have had enough of this one dimensional boring shite that is being served up.
JFH on 18:35 - Oct 15 with 3918 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Missed the last home game and away on another continent for this and Tuesday. It has been uninspiring and made worse by some solid displays here and there. I said in AKUTRS that he might need another pre-season and the time to judge is this time next year.

However, he has to do something to lift spirits otherwise people will either explode or just say balls to it.
'

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

JFH on 18:39 - Oct 15 with 3885 viewsBrixtonR

JFH on 18:32 - Oct 15 by Rangersw12

Been a few times this season last game was Fulham but no couldn't go today but I'm going to Sheffield next week

The point is we have been dreadful over the last 20 odd years or so bar promotion seasons so I don't know why people expect attacking football and this is the worst seasn ever have people forgotten football under
Houston , Harford , Francis ( relegation season ) , Sousa , Hart and Redknapp ?

I still don't know why people think the next manager will do any differnet

As much as Redcnt was the biggest cnt ever he at least had a track record.

Ramsey was the most disgraceful despicable ridiculous stupid decision in the history of the club, he made Steve Burkinshaw look like Brian Clough. To be honest JFH is an 1.3 upgrade on him but To be fair a ZX Spectrum was a massive upgrade on a ZX80, would you use one now ?
JFH on 19:17 - Oct 15 with 3700 viewsShotKneesHoop

JFH on 18:21 - Oct 15 by Gloucs_R

"I've been down so goddam long - that it looks like up to me" (Show him) The Doors.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

JFH on 19:18 - Oct 15 with 3684 viewsRangersw12

JFH on 18:39 - Oct 15 by BrixtonR

As much as Redcnt was the biggest cnt ever he at least had a track record.

Ramsey was the most disgraceful despicable ridiculous stupid decision in the history of the club, he made Steve Burkinshaw look like Brian Clough. To be honest JFH is an 1.3 upgrade on him but To be fair a ZX Spectrum was a massive upgrade on a ZX80, would you use one now ?

I would allow the team to gel and for the players to settle in at a new club and maybe judge where we're going in the 2nd half of the season and see if there has been any improvement

People now crying out for an experienced manager but last time we had one of them we wanted an up and coming manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024