Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
u23,s match v millwall. 13:41 - Mar 12 with 5241 viewsconnell10

Being shown live on the rangers offy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 3420 viewsCaldwelllll

Who’s the trialist
u23,s match v millwall. on 13:47 - Mar 12 with 3411 viewsBakes

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:43 - Mar 12 by Caldwelllll

Who’s the trialist

Ben Wells, 18 year old defender from West Ham

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:52 - Mar 12 with 3389 viewssmegma

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:47 - Mar 12 by Bakes

Ben Wells, 18 year old defender from West Ham

Millwall at home. Our first game for 21 days and first home game for 63 days .

Team 1. Dieng 2. Kakay 3. Williams 4. Owens 5 Phillips 6. Wells 7. Oteh 8. Chair 9. Sylla 10. Tilt 11. Mackie.

I'm guessing No6 Ben Wells is a trial list
u23,s match v millwall. on 14:02 - Mar 12 with 3339 viewssmegma

Delay to kick off as millwall wear all black as do the officials. (I'm guessing)
u23,s match v millwall. on 14:07 - Mar 12 with 3325 viewssmegma

Kicked off at 2.05pm , ref now wearing an orange bib
u23,s match v millwall. on 14:25 - Mar 12 with 3267 viewssmegma

20 minutes gone and Sylla has yet to touch the ball.
u23,s match v millwall. on 14:26 - Mar 12 with 3259 views2Thomas2Bowles

We are shite at defending

Sylla and Mackie well off the pace

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

u23,s match v millwall. on 14:42 - Mar 12 with 3191 views2Thomas2Bowles

Good goal Kakay
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 14:43]

Login to get fewer ads

u23,s match v millwall. on 14:51 - Mar 12 with 3156 viewssmegma

I've never seen Giles Phillips struggle so much in these first 45 minutes. Oteh and Chair are running the show for us, Sylla is starting to get in the game whereas Mackie has no energy levels already.

1-1 HT.
u23,s match v millwall. on 14:54 - Mar 12 with 3136 views2Thomas2Bowles

u23,s match v millwall. on 14:51 - Mar 12 by smegma

I've never seen Giles Phillips struggle so much in these first 45 minutes. Oteh and Chair are running the show for us, Sylla is starting to get in the game whereas Mackie has no energy levels already.

1-1 HT.

Tilt playing ok
Oteh hit the post
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 14:54]

u23,s match v millwall. on 15:04 - Mar 12 with 3095 viewsDeepcutHoop

Referee playing advantage for a foul on Sylla was a highlight.

In the penalty area
u23,s match v millwall. on 15:20 - Mar 12 with 3053 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sylla shows all the class of a donkey with a miserable shot well wide from 8 yards

u23,s match v millwall. on 15:52 - Mar 12 with 2956 viewsPinnerPaul

u23,s match v millwall. on 14:07 - Mar 12 by smegma

Kicked off at 2.05pm , ref now wearing an orange bib

I wouldn't be doing that!

Totally unprofessional of referee and Millwall - both know all refs at this level wear black!

Been at a League 2 development match where one team insisted on wearing black, team said we should all wear bibs - but we (rightly) refused.
u23,s match v millwall. on 16:57 - Mar 12 with 2818 viewssmegma

u23,s match v millwall. on 15:52 - Mar 12 by PinnerPaul

Totally unprofessional of referee and Millwall - both know all refs at this level wear black!

Been at a League 2 development match where one team insisted on wearing black, team said we should all wear bibs - but we (rightly) refused.

What was ridiculous was the ref only noticed a minute before kick off. Millwall had been on the pitch for a good 5 minutes warming up.

And giving Jamie Mackie a start.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 16:59]
u23,s match v millwall. on 12:39 - Mar 13 with 2459 viewsPinnerPaul

u23,s match v millwall. on 16:57 - Mar 12 by smegma

What was ridiculous was the ref only noticed a minute before kick off. Millwall had been on the pitch for a good 5 minutes warming up.

And giving Jamie Mackie a start.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 16:59]

that IS ridiculous as colours on teamsheets handed to ref about an hour before ko!
u23,s match v millwall. on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 2442 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm just waiting for the FA FL to fine us and deduct 20 points

u23,s match v millwall. on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 2425 viewssmegma

Mackie was taken off at HT. He should not have even started as he was so unfit. Then just as Sylla started to get into the game he was subbed. Replaced by a centre back who was put at left back ! The left back (Jack Williams) was moved to left midfield. our best player Oteh was subbed at the same time as Sylla. Replaced by a right midfielder. Who was put up front. On his own.
We finished the game with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders.

It was like Paul Hart was in charge again.
u23,s match v millwall. on 13:34 - Mar 13 with 2382 views1JD

u23,s match v millwall. on 12:52 - Mar 13 by smegma

Mackie was taken off at HT. He should not have even started as he was so unfit. Then just as Sylla started to get into the game he was subbed. Replaced by a centre back who was put at left back ! The left back (Jack Williams) was moved to left midfield. our best player Oteh was subbed at the same time as Sylla. Replaced by a right midfielder. Who was put up front. On his own.
We finished the game with 5 defenders and 5 midfielders.

It was like Paul Hart was in charge again.

Alternatively, u23 games are an ideal set-up for trying players out in different positions as part of the development ethos. Where else should this be tested?

In addition, games also serve as an important platform for senior players re-gaining match fitness, you can train all you like, but actual matches is what re-gains the necessary fitness levels.

Charlie Fox might well be a centre half by trade (which doesn’t mean much at youth level as players remain in development), but has played left back on different occasions for our u23s before yesterday. Romeo Akinola is a centre mid, not right midfielder as suggested. But no big fuss. The fact we don’t have ample u23 attackers is they by and large got promoted to the first team!

Best player on the pitch yesterday but some distance in my opinion, Ilias Chair. Neat, tidy, progressive. Knows when to keep play ticking over, but can easily step up a gear or two and drive play higher through incisive passing. Happy to go deep and collect the ball from centre halves and instruct play, but equally adept at creative play in the final third. A real playmaker, something we considerably lack in our midfield three in the first team.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 13:36]
u23,s match v millwall. on 18:02 - Mar 13 with 2281 views2Thomas2Bowles

u23,s match v millwall. on 15:52 - Mar 12 by PinnerPaul

Camp was wearing all black in the Sunderland game as was the ref
Is that ok then?

u23,s match v millwall. on 19:29 - Mar 13 with 2210 viewssmegma

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:34 - Mar 13 by 1JD

Alternatively, u23 games are an ideal set-up for trying players out in different positions as part of the development ethos. Where else should this be tested?

In addition, games also serve as an important platform for senior players re-gaining match fitness, you can train all you like, but actual matches is what re-gains the necessary fitness levels.

Charlie Fox might well be a centre half by trade (which doesn’t mean much at youth level as players remain in development), but has played left back on different occasions for our u23s before yesterday. Romeo Akinola is a centre mid, not right midfielder as suggested. But no big fuss. The fact we don’t have ample u23 attackers is they by and large got promoted to the first team!

Best player on the pitch yesterday but some distance in my opinion, Ilias Chair. Neat, tidy, progressive. Knows when to keep play ticking over, but can easily step up a gear or two and drive play higher through incisive passing. Happy to go deep and collect the ball from centre halves and instruct play, but equally adept at creative play in the final third. A real playmaker, something we considerably lack in our midfield three in the first team.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 13:36]

IN the 3 previous appearances at left back for the under 23s, Charlie Fox has struggled in my opinion. He looked like a fish out of water. When he first came on yesterday he initially struggled but got better as the game went on.
Re: first team players coming back from injury. It should happen more. Up until yesterday only 3 first teamers had played for the under 23s following absence through injury. 20 years ago that would happen regularly. Considering the amount of injuries we've had this season it could've happened more.

And don't start me on the amount of players including triallists used in the under 23s this season. There was another used yesterday and no better than the kids we already have.
u23,s match v millwall. on 19:38 - Mar 13 with 2191 viewsloftboy

u23,s match v millwall. on 18:02 - Mar 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Camp was wearing all black in the Sunderland game as was the ref
Is that ok then?

When I used to Ref I would make the keeper change if he wore black.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

u23,s match v millwall. on 22:46 - Mar 13 with 2094 views1JD

u23,s match v millwall. on 19:29 - Mar 13 by smegma

IN the 3 previous appearances at left back for the under 23s, Charlie Fox has struggled in my opinion. He looked like a fish out of water. When he first came on yesterday he initially struggled but got better as the game went on.
Re: first team players coming back from injury. It should happen more. Up until yesterday only 3 first teamers had played for the under 23s following absence through injury. 20 years ago that would happen regularly. Considering the amount of injuries we've had this season it could've happened more.

And don't start me on the amount of players including triallists used in the under 23s this season. There was another used yesterday and no better than the kids we already have.

What’s the issue using trial players? Surely it’s a chance to have a good look at them before considering offering a contract. Let’s not forget our current strategy of taking other clubs unfancied players is paying off handsomely.

I have no problem trailing out a Chelsea academy product (Issac Christie-Davies) or West Ham academy product (Ben Wells), or any other candidate from non-league. Heck even Liverpool have since taken Christie-Davies on trial.

What’s the big issue here?
u23,s match v millwall. on 23:04 - Mar 13 with 2078 viewssmegma

u23,s match v millwall. on 22:46 - Mar 13 by 1JD

What’s the issue using trial players? Surely it’s a chance to have a good look at them before considering offering a contract. Let’s not forget our current strategy of taking other clubs unfancied players is paying off handsomely.

I have no problem trailing out a Chelsea academy product (Issac Christie-Davies) or West Ham academy product (Ben Wells), or any other candidate from non-league. Heck even Liverpool have since taken Christie-Davies on trial.

What’s the big issue here?

My issue is we've used 81 players in the under 23s, 32 of whom have played 1 game.
u23,s match v millwall. on 10:27 - Mar 14 with 2001 viewsAntti_Heinola

u23,s match v millwall. on 23:04 - Mar 13 by smegma

My issue is we've used 81 players in the under 23s, 32 of whom have played 1 game.

But why is that a bad thing?

Bare bones.

u23,s match v millwall. on 13:54 - Mar 14 with 1932 viewssmegma

u23,s match v millwall. on 10:27 - Mar 14 by Antti_Heinola

But why is that a bad thing?

It's utterly ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024