Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Needham Transfer 09:54 - May 26 with 1406 viewsenfieldargh

I was please when we signed him form Notts Co for £90K then 6 months later sold him to Forest for £140K. Our centre backs from the successful mid 70's team really were beyond their useby date plus we also had Ernie Howe bless him

Presumably County wouldn't sell him to Forest so a deal could have been struck with Jim Gregory and the then Forest owner with QPR making 50 large ones.

However I dont think we actually got the best end of the deal as agreeing to loose at the city ground for the next 23 years was not very good business and they got a quality centre half

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

David Needham Transfer on 09:56 - May 26 with 1399 viewsenfieldargh

sorry thats 34 years

captains fantastic

David Needham Transfer on 10:07 - May 26 with 1372 viewsterryb

It was definitely rumoumed that this was the case at the time.

In the non-league scene it happened a lot with Barnet bering involved as the middle club. Go forward to the early '90's & Windsor refused to sell players to Chesham. It didn'r stop them joining barnet on the Tuesday & being Chesham players on the Wednesday!

I recall Peterborough being suspected of signing players from non-league before very quickly releasing them. I wonder what the common denominator was?
David Needham Transfer on 10:09 - May 26 with 1359 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah it was a scam. I was gutted when he went to NF but that's where he wanted to be anyway.

He only played 86 games in 5 years there and a right cockup with Shilton in the League Cup Final

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

David Needham Transfer on 11:10 - May 26 with 1261 viewsSt_Pollock

Definitely a 'favour' as middle men.

He had played over 450 times for County before signing for us and although there has never been a passionate rivalry between the two clubs, it was a time when they were often in the same division and it would have been embarrassing for County to sell such a significant player of theirs to Forest. Especially as the latter had just been promoted to the 1st division.

County would now be proud to sell someone to Forest. Amazing how things change.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 11:11]
David Needham Transfer on 20:19 - May 26 with 967 viewsBoston

Thought he was a good buy at the time, hard to believe Jim Gregory would ever indulge in wide boy activities.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

David Needham Transfer on 22:07 - May 26 with 864 viewsenfieldargh

David Needham Transfer on 10:07 - May 26 by terryb

It was definitely rumoumed that this was the case at the time.

In the non-league scene it happened a lot with Barnet bering involved as the middle club. Go forward to the early '90's & Windsor refused to sell players to Chesham. It didn'r stop them joining barnet on the Tuesday & being Chesham players on the Wednesday!

I recall Peterborough being suspected of signing players from non-league before very quickly releasing them. I wonder what the common denominator was?

Stan Flashman???

captains fantastic

David Needham Transfer on 02:34 - May 27 with 781 viewsMiss_Terraces

David Needham Transfer on 22:07 - May 26 by enfieldargh

Stan Flashman???

Barry Fry?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

David Needham Transfer on 07:23 - May 27 with 727 viewsdistortR

David Needham Transfer on 02:34 - May 27 by Miss_Terraces

Barry Fry?

Tvvats?