Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dementia 16:37 - Sep 22 with 1184 viewssprocket

Joe Kinnear another victim. Very sad always liked Joe...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0922/1248402-joe-kinnear-battling-dementia-

The link between heading the ball over prolonged period and dementia is gathering pace.
Dementia on 09:28 - Sep 23 with 939 viewshantssi

I would tend to agree.
My dad and his 2 best mates have all died with it and played when those old leather footballs used to soak up the water, it must have been like heading a medicine ball!
It’s an awful disease which I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.
Dementia on 09:50 - Sep 23 with 912 viewsloftboy

Feel guilty for the song we use to sing to him now !

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dementia on 09:57 - Sep 23 with 901 viewsToast_R

Sad indeed. Wimbledon were pretty close to achieving something major under him but it all just went the other way when it mattered. Must have been what, 1997? Two Cup semi final defeats and riding high in the Premier League that season and it all just capitulated when he had his heart trouble.
Dementia on 09:59 - Sep 23 with 901 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As with all these things, it’s a question of who knew what? When did they know about it? And once in possession of the knowledge, what did they do about it?

The relevant authorities were aware of a statistical anomaly quite sometime ago. I heard along the way some stories about alleged efforts to try and squash the gathering storm. Bet your bottom dollar, clubs, FAs up to FIFA have been checking their insurance policies and assessing their litigation exposure. Rugby too.

Probably why this rolling out from the back has started, so as to reduce hoofing upfield.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024