Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy John Jensen Day 12:03 - Dec 31 with 1541 viewsslmrstid

Anyone who was there that day with memories to share?

Saw it this morning on the onthisdayqpr Instagram account (well worth following if you are on that platform - not sure who runs it - is it the chap who is the new club historian?)

3-1 win away at Arsenal...how times have changed!

Great result last night though.

You Rrrr'sss etc...
Happy John Jensen Day on 12:19 - Dec 31 with 1487 viewsdaveB

It was around the time of the George Graham bung scandal so remeber pound notes being waved in the air and songs about back handers. The girl I wanted to go out with at the time was dating an Arsenal fan so I took great pleasure in singing QPR songs at him that night, i don't think I made it to midnight, vague memory of being sick in the park at Ealing Common after being thrown out of the Bell for standing on a table and singing about Kevin Gallen

Ferdinand got injured early in the game after we went ahead and at the time we used to draw a lot against Arsenal, We were starting to pick up under Wilkins but I don't think many expected us to hang on. Arsenal were pretty dreadful and the Jensen goal came out of nowhere. The finish to the game though was incredible with the 2 QPR goals and wild celebrations in the away end, was the only time i saw us win at Highbury

At the time I had a ridiculous superstition that if I saw QPR win or not lose I'd wear the same clothes to the next game. On the Wednesday before we drew with Southampton and I was off out afterwards to some nightclub wearing a black shirt, trousers and one of those whicker wristbands as I thought they made me look cool.(It didn't) I had to wear the same to Arsenal looking a right prat and I didn't see us lose again until we went to Man Utd in the FA Cup, i was the only fan in the away end not wearing hoops on a boiling hot day instead in that fecking black shirt and suit trousers.

Anyway here are highlights of the Arsenal game.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 13:46]
Happy John Jensen Day on 12:32 - Dec 31 with 1462 viewsTheChef

Steve Hodge and Michael Meaker!!

https://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-queens-park-rangers-31-december-1994-219

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Happy John Jensen Day on 12:50 - Dec 31 with 1414 viewsSuperhoop83

I was there and my hangover on 1st January 1995 may have been worse than Clive's one today.

Suffering since 1978.

Happy John Jensen Day on 12:57 - Dec 31 with 1391 viewsMrSheen

Halftime hailstorm tornado! I was sitting with an Arsenal fan along one of the sides and we laughed when it swept over the clock end, hurled hail into the opposite side and then the North Bank. Then it did us.

Impey was terrific that day, best I ever saw from him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024