Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25 years ago today! 20:00 - Jan 19 with 1928 viewsqprxtc

TWENTY BLOODY FIVE YEARS!!! Sweet heavens. What’s to come of us all.

That’s me with the green gloves coming pounding down into a mass of bodies at the end. Sob.
25 years ago today! on 20:18 - Jan 19 with 1782 viewsMrSheen

Forgotten how many good players were in that side! Peacock, Spencer, Murray, Impey, Dichio. How did it go so wrong?
25 years ago today! on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 1726 viewsted_hendrix

What can you say? at half time we were all moaning at each other as only football fans can.
After we equalised we had to rescue my eldest lad from the clutches of the police and stewards as he'd been grabbed the wrong side of the wall, that was the Mother of all equaling goal celebrations.
Their right back went to pieces after his gift to us of an OG.
I think at the time I was in love with Paul Murray.
John 'I'm the Man Spencer'
I was driving that day, the car was full up and f ucking noisy all the way home.
I got to bang Danny Dichio on the top of his head during the 4th goal celebration, then someone shouted at me 'your lads been nicked'

'It's Times Like These'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

25 years ago today! on 23:40 - Jan 19 with 1362 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

25 years ago today! on 20:18 - Jan 19 by MrSheen

Forgotten how many good players were in that side! Peacock, Spencer, Murray, Impey, Dichio. How did it go so wrong?

Sinclair?

John Spencer celebration is decent.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

25 years ago today! on 00:24 - Jan 20 with 1274 viewsLythamR

25 years ago today! on 20:33 - Jan 19 by ted_hendrix

What can you say? at half time we were all moaning at each other as only football fans can.
After we equalised we had to rescue my eldest lad from the clutches of the police and stewards as he'd been grabbed the wrong side of the wall, that was the Mother of all equaling goal celebrations.
Their right back went to pieces after his gift to us of an OG.
I think at the time I was in love with Paul Murray.
John 'I'm the Man Spencer'
I was driving that day, the car was full up and f ucking noisy all the way home.
I got to bang Danny Dichio on the top of his head during the 4th goal celebration, then someone shouted at me 'your lads been nicked'

'It's Times Like These'

"What can you say? at half time we were all moaning at each other as only football fans can."

The ones that were still there at half time were moaning at each other, a fair few had already bolted

Fantastic scenes, after Murrays chip the 4th seemed almost inevitable,
25 years ago today! on 04:53 - Jan 20 with 1204 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Of the many things I remember most about the game, the two that linger most were: meeting the commentator in the bar at the station and him telling us that PV had one a good foot over the line after the restart, that would have made it 5-0 if the lino had been awake and their keeper making a smart save at the death to deny Dichio the winner.

I was at the 5-5 against Toon; a 3-3 at Stockport, but the 4-4 was noticeable for the fact that we were truly awful in the first half. If anyone wonders what it would have looked like if the attackers of the Capitol building had been successful last January, then look no further than that which QPR did in the Potteries that very Sunday!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

25 years ago today! on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 1018 viewsTheChef

25 years ago today! on 00:24 - Jan 20 by LythamR

"What can you say? at half time we were all moaning at each other as only football fans can."

The ones that were still there at half time were moaning at each other, a fair few had already bolted

Fantastic scenes, after Murrays chip the 4th seemed almost inevitable,

Always thought that Murray finish was pure sex.

Impey goal not bad either.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

25 years ago today! on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsWalnut

I was the only one in my crowd that couldn't go. But as this was in the era of ITV showing lots of Regional live games, at least it was on TV.
Bizarrely, although Central showed this live, LWT didn't so I had to drive to my parents in Bedfordshire to watch live on Anglia.
25 years ago today! on 11:17 - Jan 20 with 801 viewsgigiisourgod

What a time that was to be alive. Super Jonny Spencer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024