Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Wrexham 21:23 - Oct 8 with 3044 viewsted_hendrix

Anybody watching this on Disney + I'm on episode 2 so far having been recommended It, takes a bit of a while to get going but If you like football without the glamour and glitz and stripped down to buckets at the turnstiles then give It a go.

14 Episodes--12 to go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Welcome to Wrexham on 21:57 - Oct 8 with 2905 viewsloftboy

18 goals in their last two games!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Welcome to Wrexham on 21:59 - Oct 8 with 2899 viewsQPR_Jim

I think they're still releasing episodes weekly (2 a week), think there are 18 on total.

Had my head in my hands when they decided to bring Shaun Harvey in to give them experience, dear god. Had to try and summarise one of Clive's rants about Harvey to the missus to give her an idea of why I was calling the nice man a tvvat.
Welcome to Wrexham on 22:50 - Oct 8 with 2792 viewsB_Wad

I've seen a bit. I like the behind the scenes at Wrexham footage but the two California guys sort of drive me nuts. That seems to be about half the program and I wind up turning it off.
Welcome to Wrexham on 00:10 - Oct 9 with 2668 viewsBoston

One of my girls, 30 years old and mucho Americano, really likes this show, mentioned it to me many times. Might have to give it a go.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Welcome to Wrexham on 08:23 - Oct 9 with 2416 viewsmcqpr10

Normally love these type of documentaries but have found it hard to warm to this one. Think the American owners have alot of control editorially and is aimed at their audience. Some of the episodes have seemed like fillers. One was McElhaney presenting a popular American sports show.
Having said that must be exciting for the Wrexham fans. The most interesting part of the documentary was when they explained what the previous owners did; basically running the club Into the ground and hoping to sell the ground in a property deal.
Welcome to Wrexham on 09:44 - Oct 9 with 2284 viewsted_hendrix

I thought that the filming of Wrexham playing at Dagenham & Redbridge where they needed to win to make the play offs was a tough watch, the Wrexham player who got sent off was sat in the dressing room alone absolutely distraught as the game carried on, the scene of the fans as they knew they hadn't made the play offs was done cleverly too.
Shaun Harvey suddenly turning up to 'save the day' was a new one on me and a FFS you've got to be kidding moment.
It is a bit too 'bubble gum' and Americanized for my liking but I'm gonna stick with It as I've only watched two episodes and I've got to admit I wanna see what happens next, normally I don't give a toss about other clubs but Wrexham Is a working Mans club at grass roots level with a good history so I'll stick with It to see how It turns out.

Shaun Harvey?? yuk, they'd have been better off employing Shaun the Sheep.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Welcome to Wrexham on 19:27 - Oct 9 with 2121 viewsOldPedro

I'm watching it and enjoying it. Some episodes are better than others (as with most series) and I enjoy the humour. They seem to show the different opinions of some of the fans even where they are slagging off some of the players and Shaun Harvey, In one episode they cover some violence that occurred at a game and football hooliganism and even talk to a supporter who has a banning order and show how it has affected him and his family.

Nice to see one of these series looking at the life at a club down in the National League rather than most of them which focus on Premier League clubs.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Welcome to Wrexham on 20:00 - Oct 9 with 2064 viewsCLAREMAN1995

How does it compare to Sunderland Till I Die Ted ,I got sucked into that series and felt sorry for the staff when they were in free fall into Division 1 .Some of the fans were pure wan*ers of course .
I watched First Team Juve during the covid lockdown and loved that also.
A bit more cash floating around Italy that Wrexham I suspect
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Wrexham on 21:44 - Oct 9 with 1964 viewsLandshark

Welcome to Wrexham on 20:00 - Oct 9 by CLAREMAN1995

How does it compare to Sunderland Till I Die Ted ,I got sucked into that series and felt sorry for the staff when they were in free fall into Division 1 .Some of the fans were pure wan*ers of course .
I watched First Team Juve during the covid lockdown and loved that also.
A bit more cash floating around Italy that Wrexham I suspect

For me the Sunderland series is the gold standard of entertaining football documentaries. The Wrexham one has a lot of filler, like an episode just on football violence, another episode on Wales. It's decent to watch but I'd rank it very low on football documentaries to recommend.
Welcome to Wrexham on 10:31 - Oct 10 with 1751 viewskingsburyR

I'm 4 episodes in and its a fairly non-offensive watch.

Filmed more the US than us but interesting to see how the fans deal with the whole Hollywood ra-ra.

Even the wife is watching this series with me for once and she has no idea how last season turns out for them!!!

Ill see it through until the end.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024