Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shots on Target 18:01 - Mar 4 with 790 viewsJules4367

I have posted about fundamentals, I have suggested that when they practice shooting they put mannequins dressed as the next team they play, in their way, so that they don't come as a surprise during the game but I think I at last have sussed what the shooting problem actually is and why teams that play against us actually beat us with shots ON target.

When they practice shooting at Loftus Road before the match the goal, our players are aiming at, is halfway between the 'real' goal and the corner flag. This is where they are probably still aiming at in the game! I am convinced they are also surprised to see defenders there too!

Can the coaching staff who are so impressed with them before each match watching the balls fly into the goal with only the 2nd substitute goal keeper to beat, please start considering WHY, week on week, we are consistently poor with shots ON target! Misses today over the bar, wide right wide right and too high.

I suppose one answer is that our defense allows more shots on target by not being in the way !

If they are not hitting the target (aside from a defender blocking) there is a reason and please coaches and players, FIGURE IT OUT
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 18:12]
Shots on Target on 18:16 - Mar 4 with 694 viewsNov77

When the opposition score more goals against you than you have shots on target against them, you don’t need Mr Micawber to tell you the result is misery. Maybe if we stop practising the Hakka and spend that time practising defending/shooting we might improve a little.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Shots on Target on 18:18 - Mar 4 with 685 viewsBoston

If they could put a ball on target, they wouldn't be playing for us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shots on Target on 18:28 - Mar 4 with 637 viewsJules4367

Shots on Target on 18:18 - Mar 4 by Boston

If they could put a ball on target, they wouldn't be playing for us.

Not sure what time you get to the ground but if you are there at 2.15-2.30...watch the shooting practice and how pleased they all are (coaches included) ...but like an Etch a Sketch , this all disappears in the game.

Maybe like the comic story Billy's Boots all those years ago, where the magic was in the boots, for the Rangers players, it is the track suit tops that have the shooting magic and when they take those off the ability to shoot on target goes with them!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 18:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024