Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock’s fitness etc 12:55 - Dec 10 with 1949 viewswortonr

Just checked out highlights again. The speed of his run leading to second goal speaks bundles.
Transformed mentally and physically. Long may it last!
Willock’s fitness etc on 12:58 - Dec 10 with 1897 viewsNorthernr

That's the first time I've seen him open up for months. He's always felt like he's been holding back to me, scared of his own hamstrings (I guess you would be after his recent history) - but yesterday he let it rip. And it didn't, thankfully.
Willock’s fitness etc on 13:40 - Dec 10 with 1696 viewsDylanP

When Azmir bowled it out, I thought to myself "nobody is going to catch up with that." But there he was, streaking up the right wing, doing his best Paul Smyth impression and hassling the defender into a hurried back pass. And then, there was Sterling right on top of the goalie before he had a chance to settle on the ball. Two attacking player that far up the field so sharply has been a missing from our game for some time. And then when Willock recovered the ball, there were actually 2-3 players in the box for him to pick from. He picked out Illy perfectly and the rest is history.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Willock’s fitness etc on 15:16 - Dec 10 with 1539 viewsPhilmyRs

Willock’s fitness etc on 13:40 - Dec 10 by DylanP

When Azmir bowled it out, I thought to myself "nobody is going to catch up with that." But there he was, streaking up the right wing, doing his best Paul Smyth impression and hassling the defender into a hurried back pass. And then, there was Sterling right on top of the goalie before he had a chance to settle on the ball. Two attacking player that far up the field so sharply has been a missing from our game for some time. And then when Willock recovered the ball, there were actually 2-3 players in the box for him to pick from. He picked out Illy perfectly and the rest is history.

A few weeks ago the Willock narrative was that of a player that had sacked it off, couldn’t be arsed, not going to try and wait for his contract to run down. People that suggested perhaps the former manager was a key part of the problem and that Willock himself would probably benefit from a run in the side to build match sharpness rather than 2 mins of action at the death were shot down. Shows what a good manager can do with one of its best players.
Willock’s fitness etc on 15:24 - Dec 10 with 1505 viewsqueensparker

Willock’s fitness etc on 12:58 - Dec 10 by Northernr

That's the first time I've seen him open up for months. He's always felt like he's been holding back to me, scared of his own hamstrings (I guess you would be after his recent history) - but yesterday he let it rip. And it didn't, thankfully.

Agreed I thought that was an amazing moment. A 100 yard sprint at full pelt, arms pumping, the lot. It’s been 18 months of careful limping about all leading to that run. His body language is transformed
Willock’s fitness etc on 15:37 - Dec 10 with 1437 viewstraininvain

Willock’s fitness etc on 15:16 - Dec 10 by PhilmyRs

A few weeks ago the Willock narrative was that of a player that had sacked it off, couldn’t be arsed, not going to try and wait for his contract to run down. People that suggested perhaps the former manager was a key part of the problem and that Willock himself would probably benefit from a run in the side to build match sharpness rather than 2 mins of action at the death were shot down. Shows what a good manager can do with one of its best players.

We were also told that the squad is useless and no manager could keep them up. Still a long way to go but we’d probably be cut adrift from safety if the decision hadn’t been made to make the change and let’s be honest, it should’ve happened a lot sooner.
Willock’s fitness etc on 16:21 - Dec 10 with 1246 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Willock’s fitness etc on 15:24 - Dec 10 by queensparker

Agreed I thought that was an amazing moment. A 100 yard sprint at full pelt, arms pumping, the lot. It’s been 18 months of careful limping about all leading to that run. His body language is transformed

Just watching how he celebrates with Chair is evidence enough that he is loving his time under Marti and really helping us which is double joy.
On a more serious note do we still want both him and Chair sold in January or kept so we can make a serious run up the table ?
The last 6 games have changed our year and outlook so its not as straightforward to cash in right now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024