Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Willock 17:50 - May 4 with 5067 viewsenfieldargh

Did ok today but nowhere near his best.

Did he come over to the fans at the end of the game?

The feed I watched concentrated on Cov players and showed CW chatting with Sheaf & DasIlva who were both academy players at Arsenal. They spoke for a fair amount of time so nut sure if CW had made his way back from our fans???

Any one there notice

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chris Willock on 18:10 - May 4 with 3836 viewsBrizR

He totally ignored the fans while the entire rest of rhe squad was over applauding. Eventually wanderered over after the rest had gone and gave a cursory little clap before disappearing off. Clearly got one foot out the door already.
Chris Willock on 18:54 - May 4 with 3602 viewsNed_Kennedys

I’ve seen a few social media posts saying we should play him whatever he wants to sign a new contract: absolute madness.
Looks like he clocked out months ago to me and has very little connection with the fans.
Cifuentes has played him as he realised that he needed his creativity in a small and low quality squad to stay up: job done, we shake hands and he gets a nice signing on fee and a pay rise by going to Middlesbrough, Sunderland or Hull.
Chris Willock on 19:01 - May 4 with 3561 viewsBlackCrowe

I thought he had 6/10 game and was putting in a shift chasing down.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Chris Willock on 19:14 - May 4 with 3448 viewsaston_hoop

He's often nowhere near as bad as some people suggest and nowhere near as good as we know he can be. Overall, I don't think I'll miss him all that much.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Chris Willock on 19:19 - May 4 with 3403 viewsDorse

I think he'd said his goodbyes last week, to be fair, but the travelling support would definitely have appreciated a gesture from him. I mean, not mooning them obviously, but something.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris Willock on 19:22 - May 4 with 3382 viewsSpaceman_P

I actually think Marti will find a better replacement. I trust in Marti.
Chris Willock on 19:40 - May 4 with 3271 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Let him go. His workrate off the ball is awful, he is not a team player. And he us not contributing enough goals or assists.
Chris Willock on 20:04 - May 4 with 3120 viewsRangersw12

He clapped the fans and did ok today

Not fit to lace Chair's boots imo and we shouldn't be worried about him leaving
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Willock on 20:46 - May 4 with 2938 viewsBlackCrowe

I'm clearly missing something here, because i think he is a quality player who when on best form (which he has been close to in the past few weeks) is a special asset.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Chris Willock on 20:55 - May 4 with 2882 viewsdixiedean

Willock finally came vaguely near us as the players were leaving the field and offered a token clap. IMO he’s been mugging us off all season with a series of half-arsed performances with a few exceptions. Then he qualified for the Matthew Rose award by turning it on when he wanted to be in the shop window. He’s a fraud and Marti let us down by playing him today. Harsh maybe but his attitude stinks. Not someone I’d applaud when he comes back to play against us .
Chris Willock on 21:06 - May 4 with 2830 viewsbosh67

Chris Willock on 20:46 - May 4 by BlackCrowe

I'm clearly missing something here, because i think he is a quality player who when on best form (which he has been close to in the past few weeks) is a special asset.

I actually agree. I think his fitness and belief in his fitness is coming back and that Marti has managed him well and clearly rates him. On his best form he is unplayable and there are some signs of that. At the Preston game he crunched into tackles and was a nightmare to defend against at certain points. Perhaps after 4 years he feels like another challenge. I think we will miss him but I also think if he wants to improve his consistency he has the perfect manager to do it under.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Willock on 22:12 - May 4 with 2533 viewsLblock

I am quite frankly amazed that Willock put a shift in the end of the season
Maybe clubs weren’t actually queuing up to sign him as his Dad thought they would?!?!

Martí is a magician for getting a tune out of him as I was sure he’d sack it off and glide into a “free” transfer elsewhere

Can’t see Willock here next season and I’m a tad gutted.
Two seasons or so ago you’d have said £10mill and he’s yours. Now he leaves for zilch.
When he’s on it he’s an absolutely brilliant player, one I am happy to pay to see. However I’m not sure his heart has been with us for some time now

Oh well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Willock on 22:34 - May 4 with 2442 viewsrbee

When I see the way Chris Willock celebrates the majority of our goals I don't see the Chris Willock that some fans describe on here.

A quality player who I would love to see stay at the club. Our new fitness department has kept him fit alongside our other injury prone players.

I don't see him shining brighter or staying as fit at any other club but if he wants to leave the Marti party early and follow the likes of Ryan Manning down the cash highway there is nothing we can do about it.
Chris Willock on 22:40 - May 4 with 2418 viewscolinallcars

As outsiders we've no way of knowing.
Worried about picking up more injuries ? Unhappy at the club? Jealous of his brother?
There are times when he looks really up for it and others? I dunno.
He's a mystery wrapped up in an enigma.
Chris Willock on 22:46 - May 4 with 2370 viewsqueensparker

Willock pre injury was heading for the big leagues IMO - those last few games before he did his hamstring he was strong, agressive, fast, skilful and scoring goals.

The tragedy since he came back was he came into years of chaotic management - the post Beale era, and then Ainsworth who actively humiliated him - so nobody put an arm around him and tried to get him back to his best. He’d lost most of what made him good - bottle, pace, strength and looked terrified of getting injured again.

Marti as in many things did a decent job and got him playing again but it’s too late now, he’s out of contract and by all accounts will go for the biggest pay day, which won’t be us.

Will be interesting to see where he goes, still think with the right move he could really go places. Equally he could fade away
[Post edited 4 May 22:48]
Chris Willock on 23:15 - May 4 with 2228 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chris Willock on 20:46 - May 4 by BlackCrowe

My point. He's been in his best form for nearly 18 months, but only scored 1 goal, versus Rotherham I think. I loved him pre injuries for Warburton, but I'm sure there are younger and better players out there.
Chris Willock on 23:48 - May 4 with 2101 viewsconnell10

Willock is motivated by money , being as the club ain't got any it's best he goes.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chris Willock on 08:05 - May 5 with 1646 viewsNorthantsHoop

A few months ago would have said time to go, but like a lot of players at this club they have found their mojo again under Marti Cifuentes. As mentioned by others if his motivation is money then bye bye if he sees a bigger picture possibly may sign a new deal. I did find his celebration half hearted yesterday so maybe he is already on his way?
Chris Willock on 08:20 - May 5 with 1577 viewsdavman

Just like Dickie last year - if he does not want to be here and / or is asking for a wedge we can't afford, then seeya.

No clapping on a return and no booing; you are just another oppo player that I'll want to fall on his arse after missing an open goal.

Not worth thinking or posting about unless he has a massive turn round and signs.

I mean, what has he given us in return for being picked up from Benfica's reserves when no-one else wanted him? We've not won anything because of him so "meh".

Bye.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chris Willock on 08:38 - May 5 with 1519 viewsHastings_Hoops

Chris Willock on 22:12 - May 4 by Lblock

I am quite frankly amazed that Willock put a shift in the end of the season
Maybe clubs weren’t actually queuing up to sign him as his Dad thought they would?!?!

Martí is a magician for getting a tune out of him as I was sure he’d sack it off and glide into a “free” transfer elsewhere

Can’t see Willock here next season and I’m a tad gutted.
Two seasons or so ago you’d have said £10mill and he’s yours. Now he leaves for zilch.
When he’s on it he’s an absolutely brilliant player, one I am happy to pay to see. However I’m not sure his heart has been with us for some time now

Oh well

I agree - i would be surprised if there are clubs interested in him frankly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a climb down from his agent/dad when it comes to it.

Such a shame. There were times a couple of years ago when people were seeing Willock as the next Eze in terms of ability. Look how the two have diverged. Partly due to an unfortunate injury for Willock, but mainly due to his approach to ‘playing’ the contract game.

Eze played his heart out week on week, signed a new deal the year before leaving to increase his stock and then continued to work and work - getting a very savvy move to an established premier club and now look at him.

Willock has turned it on and off to preserve his ‘fitness’ so he might be able to get a bigger pay day at a bigger championship club. Such a shame and a waste - but his decision entirely.

[Post edited 5 May 8:43]
Chris Willock on 08:54 - May 5 with 1441 viewsstevec

I’ve had my fill of ‘bad attitude’.

This club is finally showing signs of an upturn. To maintain that you don’t need players who’s mind rather than their ability determines the performance you get on the pitch.

Dunne, Cook, JCS, Paal .. good attitude.
Field, Colback.. good attitude
Andersen.. good attitude
Chair.. possible ‘attitude’ but channelled mostly correctly

Bench.. Fox, Smyth, Cannon .. good attitude

In effect we’re only short of 2-3 outfield positions who are good enough at this level and with the right attitude.

Move Willock on, one less set of mind games to think about.
Chris Willock on 08:56 - May 5 with 1440 viewsBurnleyhoop

Always rated Willock, exceptional talent when in the mood. If he does go, won’t miss him half as much as when Eze left.

Having just listened to Marti’s post match interview and the need for “accurate” decisions, I feel more than comfortable that he will be adequately replaced.

Genuine optimism for what’s to come, now we appear to have grown ups running the club (just don’t let the owners interfere).
Chris Willock on 09:24 - May 5 with 1363 viewsChrisNW6

Chris Willock on 08:54 - May 5 by stevec

I’ve had my fill of ‘bad attitude’.

This club is finally showing signs of an upturn. To maintain that you don’t need players who’s mind rather than their ability determines the performance you get on the pitch.

Dunne, Cook, JCS, Paal .. good attitude.
Field, Colback.. good attitude
Andersen.. good attitude
Chair.. possible ‘attitude’ but channelled mostly correctly

Bench.. Fox, Smyth, Cannon .. good attitude

In effect we’re only short of 2-3 outfield positions who are good enough at this level and with the right attitude.

Move Willock on, one less set of mind games to think about.

Think you are being harsh on Chair, I'd have him firmly in the good attitude camp. Never goes missing and his fitness levels are through the roof. We are a poorer team without him and he has handled himself impeccably with all the noise of the ongoing court case.
Chris Willock on 09:33 - May 5 with 1330 viewsstevec

Chris Willock on 09:24 - May 5 by ChrisNW6

Think you are being harsh on Chair, I'd have him firmly in the good attitude camp. Never goes missing and his fitness levels are through the roof. We are a poorer team without him and he has handled himself impeccably with all the noise of the ongoing court case.

Yes that’s very true, everything you said, I probably was harsh.

I just think he’d be an even better player if he showed a bit more acknowledgment of players around him and I wonder if that is an attitude issue.
Chris Willock on 09:51 - May 5 with 1255 viewskernowhoop

Latest (I think) rumour is that Norwich City want him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024