Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday morning rant....Olympic style 10:57 - Jul 23 with 2523 viewsreal_loftus

OK, I'm really starting to lose my rag here. I know its "cool" to moan about the Olympics and pretty smart to feign indifference. But the level of whinging, moaning and whining is fukhin ridiculous.

The traffics busy/chaotic? Really? If only they'd given you 2 years of notice to make alternative arrangements!

My train was crammed. No, wait, so it isnt usually, and its the Olympics that caused it? Do me a favour.

We could have invested the money spent on worthwhile causes? So, your crystal ball predicted recession immediately after we were awarded the Games did it? Various reports suggest a £1bn upside during the 7 weeks of the Games, and a £5bn upside through to 2015. With a lot of the upside benefiting some of London's most deprived areas.

Its a giant corporate fukfest. Well yes, the commercial side of things is a bit of a downer, with McDonalds the recognised fast food partner and goods only payable by Visa in the village. I'll give you that.

I dont give a monkey's about the games? Oh really? So when people like Kelly Holmes, Steve Redgrave and Chris Hoy won their gold medals, you didnt feel the slightest bit proud, patriotic and chuffed that us plucky Brits were beating the best in the world?

Look, if you want to be "cool" in London, you have to look like this-

While you're being all cool and bitching about the Olympics, why dont you shut the fcuk for a couple of weeks and let the rest of us get on and enjoy it?

Honestly you'd think we'd turned into the French...

ATAF
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:06 - Jul 23 with 1479 viewsLewes_r

LOL come on stuart take that boris wig off .. That said as long as you keep your jamie oliver straw hat wearing humous eating gingham picnic blanket toting wnkers away from the south coast beaches im all for it

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:12 - Jul 23 with 1450 viewsdaveB

agree with you, if moaning about the olympics was an olympic sport we'd win the gold medal.

My journey into work was the same as usual today and will be next week as well, train will be rammed and delayed, Olympics will just mean most people will be going to see sport rather than go to work. We moan when we don't get events like the World Cup then moan when we do get the Olympics.

I hope it all goes well and am really looking forward to it
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:16 - Jul 23 with 1438 viewsAntti_Heinola

Love the Olympics but reserve the right to be annoyed by:
1. That cringeworthy Boris announcement on the tube. God, why did people vote for that imbecile?
2. The fact that the Olympic Stadium is covered by something that looks like the EastEnders opening titles.
3. The ludicrous idea that people might have to think hard about what bl00dy shoes to wear to the Games in case a sponsor gets upset. Do me a favour.

but overall i love it.

Bare bones.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:16 - Jul 23 with 1435 viewsJamie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2176672/London-2012-Olympics-A-message-

For once a DM writer got it right.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:18 - Jul 23 with 1427 viewsGloryHunter

Out in town Saturday night - never seen so many coppers on the streets in my life. The funny thing was how unfit most of them looked. They were going round in pairs, and there always seemed to be a short fat one paired with a tall gangly one wearing glasses. God knows where they get them from. I swear it won't be long before we see the first disabled cop on the beat in a wheelchair.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 1411 viewsAunt_Nelly

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:18 - Jul 23 by GloryHunter

Out in town Saturday night - never seen so many coppers on the streets in my life. The funny thing was how unfit most of them looked. They were going round in pairs, and there always seemed to be a short fat one paired with a tall gangly one wearing glasses. God knows where they get them from. I swear it won't be long before we see the first disabled cop on the beat in a wheelchair.

Yep. It reminded me of Carnival when loads of gormless norvern plod are bussed in and spend the whole time walking round with their heads buried in maps looking scared shtless.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:25 - Jul 23 with 1411 viewsTheBlob

Looking forward to it all,especially the Blixing.

The idea dat Blixing herts da broin is 2 my mond compiltly absod.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:34 - Jul 23 with 1393 viewsGloryHunter

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:24 - Jul 23 by Aunt_Nelly

Yep. It reminded me of Carnival when loads of gormless norvern plod are bussed in and spend the whole time walking round with their heads buried in maps looking scared shtless.

Also saw a couple of squaddies in Victoria tube station - combat fatigues, kit bags on their shoulders - scrutinising the tube map trying to work out how to get to Stratford. Absolute joke.
Login to get fewer ads

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 1366 viewsreal_loftus

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:34 - Jul 23 by GloryHunter

Also saw a couple of squaddies in Victoria tube station - combat fatigues, kit bags on their shoulders - scrutinising the tube map trying to work out how to get to Stratford. Absolute joke.

Exhibit A- Shock horror, someone not from London needs tube map to find destination. No $hit Sherlock. Whatever next, "Olympic visitor consults train timetable in order to watch games".

Get a grip.

ATAF

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:54 - Jul 23 with 1332 viewsHollowayRanger

i wanted to buy tickets was willing to spend upwards of £5000 for opening and a few other tickets was also going to buy a tourch 2nd hand ones on auction site going for £800-1500 BUT THEY ONLY EXCEPT VISA so stuff them

hoped it would rain Weather men say it will!

still think something terrible will happen as the whole world will be watching

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 1245 viewsQPunkR

Bollox to the Limpix. That will be all.

QPR - "shit but local"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 1243 viewsTheBlob

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:54 - Jul 23 by HollowayRanger

i wanted to buy tickets was willing to spend upwards of £5000 for opening and a few other tickets was also going to buy a tourch 2nd hand ones on auction site going for £800-1500 BUT THEY ONLY EXCEPT VISA so stuff them

You're a real ray of sunshine,you know that?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:33 - Jul 23 with 1217 viewsMerthyrHoop

I understand both sides of the argument. Let's enjoy the event, celebrate Britishness etc, but when stuff like this is happening 200 miles away as a repercussion of the games, it goes some way to making you think that the country has sold it's soul to host the event:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2012/07/23/police-urged-to-rid-card

I personally would be prouder of this country to dedicate funding and lottery grants to support those in need of help, as opposed to seeking to jail certain members of society so we can project an idyllic picture of the nation to help McDonald, Visa and Coca-Cola maximise their profits
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:41 - Jul 23 with 1196 viewsGloryHunter

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:41 - Jul 23 by real_loftus

Exhibit A- Shock horror, someone not from London needs tube map to find destination. No $hit Sherlock. Whatever next, "Olympic visitor consults train timetable in order to watch games".

Get a grip.

ATAF

The joke is that Olympic security was out-sourced to Group 4 - a private company with a history of cock-ups. Unsurprisingly, they cocked up, leaving the army to take over. And then the poor old squaddies even have to make their own way to the games sites by public transport. Why would I need to "get a grip" for pointing that out?
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:13 - Jul 23 with 1155 viewsreal_loftus

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:41 - Jul 23 by GloryHunter

The joke is that Olympic security was out-sourced to Group 4 - a private company with a history of cock-ups. Unsurprisingly, they cocked up, leaving the army to take over. And then the poor old squaddies even have to make their own way to the games sites by public transport. Why would I need to "get a grip" for pointing that out?

Ah, now you've had a chance to get a grip, you've changed the tune. Your original post was about squaddies looking at a map.

Now you're saying what you really meant to comment on was an in-depth socio-political view on the rights and wrongs of the Government's outsourcing policy for Olympic security; it's subsequent project management and due diligence controls and the crisis management and disaster recovery protocols, resulting in British Army regulars being called up to provide contingency cover and reserve resources.

I understand now.....

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:17 - Jul 23 with 1139 viewsJamie

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:54 - Jul 23 by HollowayRanger

I don't quite understand your desperation for rain. I fear that you think athletics is cancelled if it rains.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:21 - Jul 23 with 1131 viewsGloryHunter

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:13 - Jul 23 by real_loftus

Ah, now you've had a chance to get a grip, you've changed the tune. Your original post was about squaddies looking at a map.

Now you're saying what you really meant to comment on was an in-depth socio-political view on the rights and wrongs of the Government's outsourcing policy for Olympic security; it's subsequent project management and due diligence controls and the crisis management and disaster recovery protocols, resulting in British Army regulars being called up to provide contingency cover and reserve resources.

I understand now.....

I accept your apology
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:30 - Jul 23 with 1102 viewsreal_loftus

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:21 - Jul 23 by GloryHunter

I accept your apology

You're welcome

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:04 - Jul 23 with 1033 viewsHollowayRanger

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 14:17 - Jul 23 by Jamie

I don't quite understand your desperation for rain. I fear that you think athletics is cancelled if it rains.

Because im feeling mean after they wouldnt allow me to buy a ticket using mastercard

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:09 - Jul 23 with 1023 viewsJamie

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:04 - Jul 23 by HollowayRanger

Because im feeling mean after they wouldnt allow me to buy a ticket using mastercard

Bit of rain is good news for the GB athletes.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:32 - Jul 23 with 1004 viewsPinnerPaul

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:23 - Jul 23 by TheBlob

You're a real ray of sunshine,you know that?

Torches available on E Bay, all payment types accepted!
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:42 - Jul 23 with 988 viewsreal_loftus

Oh, and one more thing....all those khunts that have used the Olympics as an excuse to hold the country to ransom....you'll get yours. Karma can be a right bitch.

ATAF

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:43 - Jul 23 with 987 viewsPacal_Votan

I felt really proud because someone won a fukking race.

Bunch of shit.

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 17:23 - Jul 23 with 954 viewsreal_loftus

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 16:43 - Jul 23 by Pacal_Votan

I felt really proud because someone won a fukking race.

Bunch of shit.

Hello mate. I heard a great conspiracy theory yesterday and thought of you! Here goes...so the weather before the Beijing Olympics was really shi'ite (they've got horrendous floods in China as we speak). Theorists say that the Chinese government deliberately manipulated the weather to make everything bleak and miserable in the 2 months leading up to the 2008 games. Then with 1 week to go, the Chinese govt manipulated the weather again to make the final build up to the games accompanied by glorious weather. This had the effect of immediately raising the spirits of the masses, and everyone got behind the games and felt good about China and its govt.

Step forward 4 years, and whats happening to the weather here....not the only thing we learnt from the Chinese???

Personally I dont buy any of this conspiracy bollox, but I know you LOVE IT!

My gift from me, to you

ATAF

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 17:39 - Jul 23 with 913 viewsQPR1882

It was my daughters 18 and i asked her what she wanted

Can i have a themed party she asked

Yes,what sort of theme would you like

An Olympic theme please,dad

Why an Olympic theme i asked

Because it will cost you a fortune and you are not invited.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024