Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monday morning rant....Olympic style 10:57 - Jul 23 with 2533 viewsreal_loftus

OK, I'm really starting to lose my rag here. I know its "cool" to moan about the Olympics and pretty smart to feign indifference. But the level of whinging, moaning and whining is fukhin ridiculous.

The traffics busy/chaotic? Really? If only they'd given you 2 years of notice to make alternative arrangements!

My train was crammed. No, wait, so it isnt usually, and its the Olympics that caused it? Do me a favour.

We could have invested the money spent on worthwhile causes? So, your crystal ball predicted recession immediately after we were awarded the Games did it? Various reports suggest a £1bn upside during the 7 weeks of the Games, and a £5bn upside through to 2015. With a lot of the upside benefiting some of London's most deprived areas.

Its a giant corporate fukfest. Well yes, the commercial side of things is a bit of a downer, with McDonalds the recognised fast food partner and goods only payable by Visa in the village. I'll give you that.

I dont give a monkey's about the games? Oh really? So when people like Kelly Holmes, Steve Redgrave and Chris Hoy won their gold medals, you didnt feel the slightest bit proud, patriotic and chuffed that us plucky Brits were beating the best in the world?

Look, if you want to be "cool" in London, you have to look like this-

While you're being all cool and bitching about the Olympics, why dont you shut the fcuk for a couple of weeks and let the rest of us get on and enjoy it?

Honestly you'd think we'd turned into the French...

ATAF
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:13 - Jul 23 with 488 viewsN12Hoop

Jetting off this week and will return just after it finishes. Not interested in archery, synchronised swimming, BMW biking or any other of that sh1t for the last 40 years so why should I be interested now? Give me the World Cup and that's a different story and they are unlikely to stop me driving on the roads I pay a fortune in road tax for during that event.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:19 - Jul 23 with 484 viewsPacal_Votan

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:09 - Jul 23 by stowmarketrange

Maybe because you called it a bunch of sh-t.Maybe you were only talking about that subject,but I guess you don't want the Olympics here.If that is true,you won't be very happy for the next 3 weeks,because it is definitely happening in London.

Yeah i'll be walking around really sad, drinking more, shouting at cars and getting stupidly high.

I just call that Summer.

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:56 - Jul 23 with 459 viewsHollowayRanger

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:13 - Jul 23 by N12Hoop

Jetting off this week and will return just after it finishes. Not interested in archery, synchronised swimming, BMW biking or any other of that sh1t for the last 40 years so why should I be interested now? Give me the World Cup and that's a different story and they are unlikely to stop me driving on the roads I pay a fortune in road tax for during that event.

I USE to do archery! still got my greenkat apachie compact bow and arrows just in case the zombies come!

least its a proper olympic sport unlike tennis golf basketball ect

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 09:09 - Jul 24 with 428 viewsTonto

Stuart

Most of the time on here you speak absolute arrogant bollock ATAF. But for once I agree with you and applaud your efforts and shooting down the whingers.

keep at them

and go Team GB.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:04 - Jul 24 with 402 viewsreal_loftus

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 09:09 - Jul 24 by Tonto

Stuart

Most of the time on here you speak absolute arrogant bollock ATAF. But for once I agree with you and applaud your efforts and shooting down the whingers.

keep at them

and go Team GB.

Chris, I cant tell you how little that means to me

ATAF

ATAF.

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:11 - Jul 24 with 389 viewsBlackCrowe

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 11:04 - Jul 24 by real_loftus

Chris, I cant tell you how little that means to me

ATAF

LOL.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 362 viewsQPunkR

I spray painted up a vest yesterday, so if anyone sees a bloke cycling around London in a 'F*ck the Limpix' vest, that'll be me

QPR - "shit but local"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:15 - Jul 24 with 350 viewsTheBlob

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 12:57 - Jul 24 by QPunkR

I spray painted up a vest yesterday, so if anyone sees a bloke cycling around London in a 'F*ck the Limpix' vest, that'll be me

And there'll be a lot of people viewing an unpopular cyclist whilst driving a car/truck.

You haven't really thought this one through have you.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:23 - Jul 24 with 341 viewsBrightonhoop

The private sectors been caught with it's pants down unable to deliver, led by Coe of all types, and the legacy they forget to mention is thousands of the troops called up to cover LOCOG's fck up will then be made redundant in September.
I'd have much preferred we had spent the money on the Army and had gone to war on Germany instead. The world would be a much better place for it by now.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:24 - Jul 24 with 340 viewsQPunkR

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:15 - Jul 24 by TheBlob

And there'll be a lot of people viewing an unpopular cyclist whilst driving a car/truck.

You haven't really thought this one through have you.....

Pfffffffff, those f*ckers try to run me over all the time anyway, how's a lickle slogan gonna make 'em try any harder. Unless of course that Grade A c*nt Seb Coe spots me when he's gliding around his Limpic Lanes..

QPR - "shit but local"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 13:26 - Jul 24 with 339 viewsTheBlob

What's with all this "Team GB" sheeit anyway?

Just to cap it all,there'll probably be an appearance in the Opening Ceremony by "Voice Of A Nation" Plan F*cking B.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 15:23 - Jul 24 with 307 viewsPinnerPaul

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 20:58 - Jul 23 by stowmarketrange

Do you not remember Euro96 then? I used to work at Stonebridge Park and it was chaos when games were played at Wembley.That was only with 16 teams.At the World Cup you have 32 teams.Including the USA.

but only two play at any one time/venue!
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:06 - Jul 24 with 278 viewskensalriser

I don't really mind the sporting events but the Olympics as a whole just seems to be one grand corporate fckfest and trough-swilling jolly for all the insiders, largely at our expense.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:17 - Jul 24 with 273 viewsdaveB

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 20:59 - Jul 23 by six_foot_two

Legacy. There's a word to conjure with.

What legacy could be purchsed for 11billion.

Re-building every school in Britain.

A building program that could provide affordable homes for our youth.

A re-vamped national Health service .

Or a two week middle class sports day with a football stadium no fan wants and a running track noboby will use.

well they have build new housing in stratford and really improved the area, it's nonsense to suggest all 11billion has been spent by the tax payer, most of it comes through sponsors which is why they get such exclusive rights to everything

as for the olympic lanes everyone moans about them but they happen at every olympics and are only around for a couple of weeks. The tubes have been pretty quiet this week and i got home earlier tonight for a change, long may that continue
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 273 viewsPacal_Votan

You can watch a shite football match for tuppence ha'penny though.

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 271 viewsderbyhoop

I'm going on Monday. To see Mens Hockey.

I know next to nothing about the sport. The GB team is not involved (S Korea, New Zealand, Australia and S Africa). But, I wasn't here the last time the Olympics were held in London and, I'm highly unlikely to be around for the next time, so why not.

I hope it acts as a showcase for all that is good about Britain. And we finish up with a fistful of medals. All the naysayers can go take a jump.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:26 - Jul 24 with 269 viewsPacal_Votan

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:24 - Jul 24 by derbyhoop

I know next to nothing about the sport. The GB team is not involved (S Korea, New Zealand, Australia and S Africa). But, I wasn't here the last time the Olympics were held in London and, I'm highly unlikely to be around for the next time, so why not.

I hope it acts as a showcase for all that is good about Britain. And we finish up with a fistful of medals. All the naysayers can go take a jump.

Triple or high?

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:30 - Jul 24 with 262 viewsTW_R

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:26 - Jul 24 by Pacal_Votan

Triple or high?

Long?
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:45 - Jul 24 with 256 viewsPacal_Votan

I say nay.

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:47 - Jul 24 with 255 viewsTW_R

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:45 - Jul 24 by Pacal_Votan

I say nay.

Horse?
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 252 viewsPacal_Votan

I've got a pony in my pocket.

"Try the whine!!!"

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 251 viewsGloryHunter

Is darts an Olympic sport yet?
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 249 viewsTW_R

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:49 - Jul 24 by Pacal_Votan

I've got a pony in my pocket.

Damn - and I thought you were just pleased to see me!
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 238 viewsqueensparker

I work next to the Westway which is going one lane each way for three weeks from tomorrow. Add that to the M4, Embankment etc, west London is going to be gridlocked for the foreseeable. A total nightmare.

But then I hate work, it's summer, London's going to have a party atmosphere and it will never happen again in my lifetime, so bollox. It's only three weeks. We'll look back on it and laugh.
Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 23:20 - Jul 24 with 221 viewsstowmarketrange

Monday morning rant....Olympic style on 21:24 - Jul 24 by derbyhoop

We are going to see the swimming finals on Tuesday evening.My kids are going to see the womens football at Wembley the same night.We can't wait.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024