Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Tis The Season To Be Jolly 08:12 - Dec 5 with 464 viewsexiled_dictator

La La La, La La La La.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9722690/Quee

I am just wondering where we won't be having the party. I hear The Ivy is already booked out, as is Gordon Ramsey. So we won't be not having it there.
Plus, there are plenty of Malaysian restaurants around that we could not use.
Nandos is Shepherds Bush always has a space, and caters for all types including vegetarians, so that could be a potential non-place too.
How many of the players actually celebrate Christmas, as a religion? You can just see Adel tucking into a bacon covered pork chipolata. Washed down with the finest ale.
Christmas is overrated; having to drive for miles on clogged roads in bad weather to eat a meal with family you don't really get on with, hearing the same old stories, getting really rubbish presents, eating burned tasteless food, in a cramped ugly house.
Only 20 days to go......

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 08:16 - Dec 5 with 458 viewsShotKneesHoop

With the team spirit in this club, they''d order a take away and eat it on their own in their Baby Bentleys.

SWP would get away with ordering a "children's special"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 08:19 - Dec 5 with 447 viewsToast_R

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 08:16 - Dec 5 by ShotKneesHoop

With the team spirit in this club, they''d order a take away and eat it on their own in their Baby Bentleys.

SWP would get away with ordering a "children's special"

Doubt he could finish that either.
'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 08:34 - Dec 5 with 423 viewsDaBurgh

Gotta love those jorno's - they really know their stuff - the caption under the photo shows 'captain Park Ji-sung' -hasn't been captain for at least 5 games (it can be argued that he has been 'captain' at all). And it says that we have 4 points - hey the team worked hard for those other 2 points - have some respect.
'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 08:49 - Dec 5 with 408 viewsTheBlob

Went into a corner shop a couple of years ago and the wizened proprietor sidled up to me,rubbed his dry and calloused hands together and whispered..."Nice profit Jesus Time...."
I gathered my out-of-date goods, kneed him festively in the groin and left.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 09:01 - Dec 5 with 385 viewsSomersetHoops

Obviously we are a group of Scrooges. Well I'm not - I love Christmas even with all its hassle. Its a time to make us think of others, visit our family even with the inconvenience it may cause, its important we do it.

More worrying for me is that this was an opportunity for our players to be together outside of football and they have chosen not to do it. Does this say more about the cliques and lack of togetherness in the team than the idea they should not be celebrating while we are bottom of the league? I would rather they had had the party, resolve their differences and come out fighting even more after it.

Who's Next?

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 380 viewsTheBlob

Just as well.My memories of playing after a Christmas "party" involved Boxing Day morning throwing up all over the pitch.Then players trying to steer the ball round patches of sick.Being a goalie,wouldn't save the ball if it had strayed into the steaming vomit.

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 10:05 - Dec 5 with 341 viewsA40Bosh

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 09:06 - Dec 5 by TheBlob

Just as well.My memories of playing after a Christmas "party" involved Boxing Day morning throwing up all over the pitch.Then players trying to steer the ball round patches of sick.Being a goalie,wouldn't save the ball if it had strayed into the steaming vomit.

They are the same memories I have of Sunday morning football in my early 20's EVERY Sunday morning.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 10:21 - Dec 5 with 315 viewsCanadaRanger

Ah, Christmas...

It's the time when politicians everywhere head home to their families, leaving their various countries three weeks to recover...

It's the time in SW6 when Nativity Plays get cancelled because they can't find three wise men or a virgin...

It's a time when shops sell unwanted stuff to people who can't afford it, and credit card companies sharpen knives for the New Year...

OR

It's a time to get that homeless man/woman some fish and chips (not money) or a pair of boots.

It's a time to do something nice with the wife and kids, when there's usually no time.

It's a time to think about what really matters - and those who matter the most.

As a religious friend of mine once said... "'Christmassacred' is either Christmas/sacred or Christ/massacred - It's just a matter of where one draws the line..."
Login to get fewer ads

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly on 10:27 - Dec 5 with 304 viewsTheBlob

Human Rights Act soon to have a No Santa Clause.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024