Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish Football 16:43 - May 26 with 766 viewsexiled_dictator

I know, I know, but it is some live football to watch.
Scottish football is like Scottish cuisine. Complete shit, it's really bad for you, and you really wouldn't want to be involved with it too often. Nothing memorable at all about it. Full of players who could happily grace the lower dregs of English professional football, as well as Non-League
I heard that with a few weeks before the start of next season, Celtic have already won the 2013/14 season by 86 clear points from the second placed team.
And then, they let 2 of their teams play Champions League

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Scottish Football on 17:16 - May 26 with 745 viewsTacticalR

Don't upset karl, it's already a bad day.

Air hostess clique

Scottish Football on 18:51 - May 26 with 676 viewskarl

Cheers TR!
Just wish Hibs could have got to 20 mins without conceding as it would have been big pressure on Celtic. Support from Hibs was superb and best I've been in at Hampden, last 15 mins and after final whistle whole Hibs support outsinging the glory seeking only sing when they score Tim f#ckers.
Down but not out, just a shame Hibs don't really have a plan b if we go behind against a good team its basically game over
Scottish Football on 18:58 - May 26 with 667 viewskomradkirk

flicked past it on sky and wondered about all the irish flags on display ?

scottish cup final surely ?
Scottish Football on 21:10 - May 26 with 596 viewskarl

Scottish Football on 18:58 - May 26 by komradkirk

flicked past it on sky and wondered about all the irish flags on display ?

scottish cup final surely ?

Hibs did ban the tricolour from Easter Road in the 70's because of the troubles (Celtic obv not) but it is a major part of each club history. Not a thing I'm overly keen to support but I can understand where it comes from
Scottish Football on 21:16 - May 26 with 590 viewskomradkirk

my neice is friends with ryan mcgivern,how has he done this seaosn at Hibs ?
Scottish Football on 21:38 - May 26 with 569 viewskarl

Good steady player for Hibs, but tbh I think that is his level, which imo is mid/lower Championship. If he worked at it I would say he could become a good centreback but he needs to up his concentration. There is word he will re-sign for Hibs next season and that would be good for Hibs and I think McGivern too.
Scottish Football on 21:45 - May 26 with 564 viewskomradkirk

woulld take a big step up to break into the man city team.most of our northern ireland squad play in scotland now.
he has looked decent when i have seen him play but always feel there is a mistake in him.
Scottish Football on 21:52 - May 26 with 557 viewskarl

Yes exactly what he seems to suffer from, I'll watch the replay on tv tonight but I think he switched off for their first goal today. Second half I thought he was very good. I think his City contract is finished and if he signs for Hibs he will be on a full contract. I might be wrong though
Login to get fewer ads

Scottish Football on 23:27 - May 26 with 520 viewskarl

Keeper and centreback at fault for opener not McGivern going by tv
Scottish Football on 08:56 - May 27 with 470 viewsnewgolddream

Scottish Football on 23:27 - May 26 by karl

Keeper and centreback at fault for opener not McGivern going by tv

Hard luck Hibs. Never got going and famine goes on. Wonderful support as always.
Scottish Football on 13:51 - May 28 with 394 viewsR_from_afar

OK, some Scottish food is shocking, a case in point being the Stonner ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonner_kebab ) and the dodgy cheesy burger thing I "enjoyed" on a night out in Edinburgh, but then so is a lot of English food.
Careful with your sweeping generalisations!

Partan bree and cullen skink are superb, and for dessert I give you cranachan: you can't go wrong with toasted oats, whiskey, honey, raspberries and fresh cream!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Scottish Football on 14:51 - May 28 with 377 viewstoboboly

Scottish Football on 13:51 - May 28 by R_from_afar

OK, some Scottish food is shocking, a case in point being the Stonner ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonner_kebab ) and the dodgy cheesy burger thing I "enjoyed" on a night out in Edinburgh, but then so is a lot of English food.
Careful with your sweeping generalisations!

Partan bree and cullen skink are superb, and for dessert I give you cranachan: you can't go wrong with toasted oats, whiskey, honey, raspberries and fresh cream!

RFA

http://23x.net/5/what-is-a-munchy-box.html

This is better food!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Scottish Football on 14:58 - May 28 with 371 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Nom nom nom nom.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Scottish Football on 16:07 - May 28 with 354 viewskomradkirk

I love a bit of haggis or,tatties,mince and neeps.

bagpipes are ok as well.
Scottish Football on 18:27 - May 28 with 331 viewsR_from_afar

Scottish Football on 14:51 - May 28 by toboboly

http://23x.net/5/what-is-a-munchy-box.html

This is better food!

Man alive! That's a cross between a takeaway and an alien autopsy!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Scottish Football on 19:13 - May 28 with 315 viewsderbyhoop

And we lent 2 of our youngsters to SPL clubs, where they hardly got a look in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Scottish Football on 11:51 - May 29 with 286 viewskarl

For komradkirk; Hibs have signed McGivern on a two year deal. Good decision for him as he'll get regular football.

I know I've done it to death but in reply to Derbyhoop; the SPL is not an easy league to play in and both Inverness and St Johnstone had very good season punching well above their weight. The two young lads had regular appearances as sub and when I saw them (on tv) they never did more than look efficient. Players like Robbie Keane, Marc Antoine Fortune and Sotos Kyriakos were average at best (Keane) and woeful (the other two) yet they all had/have big contracts in England. Anyone loaning young players to the SPL shouldn't expect them to drop in and take it by storm as I've never seen it happen.
Scottish Football on 18:54 - May 29 with 267 viewsderbyhoop

Scottish Football on 11:51 - May 29 by karl

For komradkirk; Hibs have signed McGivern on a two year deal. Good decision for him as he'll get regular football.

I know I've done it to death but in reply to Derbyhoop; the SPL is not an easy league to play in and both Inverness and St Johnstone had very good season punching well above their weight. The two young lads had regular appearances as sub and when I saw them (on tv) they never did more than look efficient. Players like Robbie Keane, Marc Antoine Fortune and Sotos Kyriakos were average at best (Keane) and woeful (the other two) yet they all had/have big contracts in England. Anyone loaning young players to the SPL shouldn't expect them to drop in and take it by storm as I've never seen it happen.

It wasn't that they didn't walk straight into SPL first teams, it's the fact that Doughty made 6 appearances (4 as a sub + plenty as unused sub) and Gibbons only made 2 sub appearances for ICT. I'm sure Rangers wanted/expected more when they were sent north of the border.

I suspect that all the loan spells have done is confirm that neither are good enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Scottish Football on 22:26 - May 29 with 253 viewskarl

Scottish Football on 18:54 - May 29 by derbyhoop

It wasn't that they didn't walk straight into SPL first teams, it's the fact that Doughty made 6 appearances (4 as a sub + plenty as unused sub) and Gibbons only made 2 sub appearances for ICT. I'm sure Rangers wanted/expected more when they were sent north of the border.

I suspect that all the loan spells have done is confirm that neither are good enough.

Thought (wrongly) that Gibbons was used more.
Quite possibly this is more the fault of their R's coaches in that they perhaps thought 'yeah farm them out to SPL, they'll get plenty first team action' when they were quite possibly/probably not ready for that level of competition. Obviously Lomas and Butcher should also do their homework on who they bring in but perhaps a cheap squad filler was all they were after. As I said both their clubs over achieved this season so i'd back their judgement on this one.

Edit: I would add that if they can't get regular appearances from the bench then they are not ready for a team (hopefully) pushing for promotion from Championship. I'm not claiming SPL is so good that decent top end Championship players would struggle to get a game, probably agreeing that it shows they aren't what we need just yet.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024