Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live 01:34 - Jun 1 with 1213 viewsA40Bosh

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think even our long haired metal one might have to bow out of this music related conversation.

I have just spent my first two hours playing with a Novation 61 key keyboard controller, driving the Ableton Live software, running through a Numark DJ IO soundcard in to my Bose Companion 5 speakers.

And suddenly what Harry does between now and the 3rd August is of no concern of mine.

I don't suppose there is anyone out there by remote chance can relate to this ?

I feel a tumbleweed moment on the horizon

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 01:44 - Jun 1 with 1200 viewsSonofNorfolt

Is it like a ProTool piece of kit or more Moog?
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 04:01 - Jun 1 with 1190 viewssilky

You are not alone Bosh Man! Great to finally see someone knowing what I love as my hobby, making electronic music.

I use Cubase 5 with a load of Software Synths, VSTi Effects to make my electronic music and have a M-Audio 49 Keystation MIDI Keyboard with an Access Virus B hardware Synth.

I used to use Ableton Live to DJ with and really enjoyed it, as for making music on it never tried it although I do know it uses Software Synths & VSTi which I have a load of and would happily send some your way.

Meaning of VSTi >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology

Enjoy it though Bosh and keep at it. Once you start making music and getting the hang of it there is no other feeling like it.

My work on Soundcloud (if your interested)(I am an early 90's rave dance fan)

https://soundcloud.com/silky1122

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 11:19 - Jun 3 with 1124 viewsA40Bosh

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 04:01 - Jun 1 by silky

You are not alone Bosh Man! Great to finally see someone knowing what I love as my hobby, making electronic music.

I use Cubase 5 with a load of Software Synths, VSTi Effects to make my electronic music and have a M-Audio 49 Keystation MIDI Keyboard with an Access Virus B hardware Synth.

I used to use Ableton Live to DJ with and really enjoyed it, as for making music on it never tried it although I do know it uses Software Synths & VSTi which I have a load of and would happily send some your way.

Meaning of VSTi >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Studio_Technology

Enjoy it though Bosh and keep at it. Once you start making music and getting the hang of it there is no other feeling like it.

My work on Soundcloud (if your interested)(I am an early 90's rave dance fan)

https://soundcloud.com/silky1122

Thanks Silky, taking a listen to your stuff now at work as I write.

I was messing around for another couple of hours with the Ableton software over the weekend and managed to record a 2-3 minutes of a little ditty I came up with on my old Casio keyboard back when I was 16 or 17 in the 1980's. Just basic layering of the main piano riff on top of one of the pre-set drum loops and then I played a sub woof bass line underneath it and then embellished it with some string voices. It's amazing how easy it is to actual do something basic.

I need to spend time to read the manual from beginning to end and start doing things properly!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:10 - Jun 3 with 1096 viewsFDC

I used to be into this, in fact was thinking only recently that I'd like to get back in to it. Seriously time-consuming hobby though!

I was into making electronic, house-y stuff and also recording live stuff. I used Cubase SX2 for sequencing and recording audio (guitars & vox - not mine!), had a M-Audio midi keyboard and a M-Audio Trigger Finger pad for firing drum samples. Apart from that I had a huge amount of soft-synths and various VSTis.

One piece of advice would be this: take your time getting to know your synths. Because I 'acquired' so many of them, I succumbed to the temptation of loading up something different if I couldn't get the sound I wanted out of the one I was using. Because they hadn't cost me anything I never really stretched any given synth to it's limits, and never really got a grip of any of them. It would have been much better to limit myself to just using one or two for a long time.

Good luck with it
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:22 - Jun 3 with 1081 viewsSomersetHoops

I've struggled with some PC music progs so have just ordered a little Mac mini to play with garageband. Perhaps my problem lies with lack of ability nor time to get used to some complex programs. My daughter uses garageband a school and has persuaded me to go down that route - probably more for her than me.

Who's Next?

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:26 - Jun 3 with 1077 viewsFDC

My mate uses Garage Band and swears by it - that's for sequencing live recordings though. IIRC, people used to swear by Fruity Loops as a good entry-level sequencer for dance music (although this is going back a good few years). I think The Prodigy used it for Jilted Generation actually, so obviously it can do the business.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 1070 viewsbaz_qpr

Logic man myself, originally cubase back in the day when it moved from Atari to apple
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:34 - Jun 3 with 1066 viewsFDC

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:31 - Jun 3 by baz_qpr

Logic man myself, originally cubase back in the day when it moved from Atari to apple

Ironically I always found Logic really illogical! Which was problematic since the studio i worked in for a bit ran off Macs with Logic.
Login to get fewer ads

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 17:43 - Jun 3 with 1038 viewsSomersetHoops

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:26 - Jun 3 by FDC

My mate uses Garage Band and swears by it - that's for sequencing live recordings though. IIRC, people used to swear by Fruity Loops as a good entry-level sequencer for dance music (although this is going back a good few years). I think The Prodigy used it for Jilted Generation actually, so obviously it can do the business.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Fruity Loops is now FL Studio. You can get a free download of what it does with some quite good sample electro music, but its quite expensive to buy the full program with all the sounds, effects and synths which you need to make your own music on it.

Who's Next?

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 17:53 - Jun 3 with 1033 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Oh I remember this, years ago my school had it (or similar).

I only had a little play as I dropped music.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 17:55 - Jun 3 with 1031 viewsbaz_qpr

Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 13:34 - Jun 3 by FDC

Ironically I always found Logic really illogical! Which was problematic since the studio i worked in for a bit ran off Macs with Logic.

I think if you ever used Cubase or older sequencers Logic is really familiar.

I've always liked Reason as well especially when combined with Logic.

Could not get my head around Abletron, really alien to me
Totally Non QPR - Ableton Live on 18:10 - Jun 3 with 1025 views18StoneOfHoop

" ..as I dropped music."

Ha Ha.That much is made abundantly clear day after day ,thread after thread on this site.

This thread reminds me of the lyrics to The Undertones 'My Perfect Cousin' classic single:
" His Ma bought him a synthesizer,
Brought The Human League in to advise her."

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024