Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley players moaning 18:53 - Feb 1 with 3502 viewsCamberleyR

Was anyone else getting a bit p1ssed off with their constant whingeing in packs to the referee like a Man Utd Lite trying to get our players booked?

They also should have been down to 10 in the first half but the ref bottled giving Kightly a second yellow for that foul on Onuoha.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 18:54]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Burnley players moaning on 18:59 - Feb 1 with 2983 viewsPunteR

Yes, I thought they were moany. Ings was especially gobby

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Burnley players moaning on 19:10 - Feb 1 with 2923 viewsSpiritofGregory

Yes, I've often wondered why our players don't do that.
Burnley players moaning on 19:12 - Feb 1 with 2917 viewsPunteR

Burnley players moaning on 19:10 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

Because we've got class!

Burnley players moaning on 19:16 - Feb 1 with 2895 viewsSpiritofGregory

Burnley players moaning on 19:12 - Feb 1 by PunteR

Because we've got class!

Because we are bloody stupid.
Burnley players moaning on 19:27 - Feb 1 with 2832 viewsPunteR

Burnley players moaning on 19:16 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

Because we are bloody stupid.

Not sure I agree with that. I hate players in the refs face, hate players trying to get other players sent off, and hate players diving,however many points it can win you.

Burnley players moaning on 19:35 - Feb 1 with 2787 viewsessextaxiboy

Burnley players moaning on 19:10 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

Because we have discipline .

Clint always speaks to the Ref .... and Joey of course .

Cant think of any bookings for dissent ?
Burnley players moaning on 19:41 - Feb 1 with 2740 viewsSpiritofGregory

Burnley players moaning on 19:27 - Feb 1 by PunteR

Not sure I agree with that. I hate players in the refs face, hate players trying to get other players sent off, and hate players diving,however many points it can win you.

Served Leicester well hasn't it? They've gained 14 penalties. Don't believe that every single one of them was genuine.
Burnley players moaning on 19:47 - Feb 1 with 2707 viewsRangersAreBack

Burnley players moaning on 19:27 - Feb 1 by PunteR

Funny that, because whenever the boot is the other foot this board has a jolly good laugh.
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley players moaning on 20:00 - Feb 1 with 2658 viewsPunteR

Burnley players moaning on 19:47 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

Funny that, because whenever the boot is the other foot this board has a jolly good laugh.

I don't care what this board laughs at, just my personal opinion that players shouldn't try and influence or con refs or the fans.

Burnley players moaning on 20:36 - Feb 1 with 2526 viewsloftboy

At one point there was 6 of them in the refs face, easy to stop it, just yellow card them one at a time, don't know why the refs don't, would save them loads of aggro.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Burnley players moaning on 20:41 - Feb 1 with 2509 viewsRangersAreBack

Burnley players moaning on 20:00 - Feb 1 by PunteR

I don't care what this board laughs at, just my personal opinion that players shouldn't try and influence or con refs or the fans.

Lovely ideology. Let me know when you return to the real world.
Burnley players moaning on 20:45 - Feb 1 with 2487 viewsRangersAreBack

Burnley players moaning on 20:36 - Feb 1 by loftboy

At one point there was 6 of them in the refs face, easy to stop it, just yellow card them one at a time, don't know why the refs don't, would save them loads of aggro.

And whilst you're at it let's yellow card Assou-Ekotto for faking injury when he cocked up for Burnley's 2nd goal.

In fact he can have a 2nd yellow for wearing gloves.
Burnley players moaning on 20:48 - Feb 1 with 2471 viewsPunteR

Burnley players moaning on 20:41 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

Lovely ideology. Let me know when you return to the real world.

Is this the same real world you live in where Danny Ings is your poster boy?

Burnley players moaning on 20:53 - Feb 1 with 2450 viewsbatmanhoop

it's a tactic used by a lot of sides now, Man. Utd. in particular. Thought again targeted Barton who I thought was superb today
Burnley players moaning on 21:01 - Feb 1 with 2413 viewsSpiritofGregory

Burnley players moaning on 20:53 - Feb 1 by batmanhoop

it's a tactic used by a lot of sides now, Man. Utd. in particular. Thought again targeted Barton who I thought was superb today

Yes Barton played well and did well not to lose it.

Thought that Burnley played some really good football at times. They play as a team, playing simple pass and move football and harassing the opposition if they lose possession. They were at times a joy to watch.
Burnley players moaning on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 2400 viewsRangersAreBack

Burnley players moaning on 20:48 - Feb 1 by PunteR

Is this the same real world you live in where Danny Ings is your poster boy?

No it's a world where we give credit to the opposition where it's due.
Burnley players moaning on 21:16 - Feb 1 with 2362 viewsPunteR

Burnley players moaning on 21:04 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

No it's a world where we give credit to the opposition where it's due.

I thought Burnley were a good side,great goal by Ings. It was a good game. Ings got man of the match. Well done Burnley.
They were still moany bar stewards.
I hope they don't get promoted .. I wouldn't say no to signing Ings in the summer either.

Burnley players moaning on 21:19 - Feb 1 with 2346 viewsthemodfather

let them moan and whinge, we stay 2nd...and for a while derby went over burnllleeeeeeee
Burnley players moaning on 21:20 - Feb 1 with 2340 viewsHollowayRanger

i agree if i were a ref id speck to both teams before matches and tell them if theres an incident i want the captains only talking to me unless i single a player out to come to me

and if i got a gob shite in my face id say GO AWAY OR ELSE

you still there! right have a yellow

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Burnley players moaning on 09:44 - Feb 2 with 1970 viewskomradkirk

moany bastards is about right
Burnley players moaning on 10:37 - Feb 2 with 1863 viewsWilloW4

Burnley players moaning on 20:45 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

And whilst you're at it let's yellow card Assou-Ekotto for faking injury when he cocked up for Burnley's 2nd goal.

Brilliant !!! Totally agree.
Burnley players moaning on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 1633 viewsderbyhoop

Burnley players moaning on 21:01 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

Yes Barton played well and did well not to lose it.

Thought that Burnley played some really good football at times. They play as a team, playing simple pass and move football and harassing the opposition if they lose possession. They were at times a joy to watch.

And, of course, Barton never says anything to referees, does he?

Much of the attempts to influence the ref, by both players and fans, was attempting to get Joey a yellow card. I thought, after 35 minutes, he was close to a certainty to pick one up. He didn't and went on to be our MOTM by a country mile.

Also think the ref did well to keep control. First half was spiky and I didn't see it ending with 22 on the pitch. But he controlled the game well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Burnley players moaning on 09:38 - Feb 3 with 1497 viewssmegma

Burnley players moaning on 20:45 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

And while we're at it, give him a hair cut.
Burnley players moaning on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1440 viewsHAYESBOY

The worst was Dyche constantly in the ear of the 4th official.

All game. Even Jordan had a go in the end.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Burnley players moaning on 11:12 - Feb 3 with 1430 viewsNeil_SI

I thought all of their complaints were fair.

Joey Barton conceded four fouls in relatively quick succession, two in a row at one point where the referee looked like he was going to book him and suddenly decided not to. I think maybe one or two players had been booked by that point as well.

They also weren't happy by Junior Hoilett's pathetic attempt to win a penalty when he went down under pretty much no contact. Sure he was trying to second guess and was expecting a tackle, and to his credit, quickly realised how ridiculous it was and bounced straight up without complaint. But we all know what he was trying to do, and that was con the referee for a penalty.

Similarly there was an incident where Benoit Assou-Ekotto blatantly handled the ball, but it wasn't given, and then minutes later one of their players did the same and was penalised. So there were some small inconsistencies, albeit in most cases the referee made a fair and common sense call, which I was also fine with.

The other small point, which is not really a moan from Burnley or us, was there were two head collisions and the referee didn't really stop play when he should have. Burnley were ready to stop twice, both for their player and ours, but we didn't seem keen to on either incident. So they were asking the referee about that as well.

I didn't see any problem with any of that, personally. I certainly don't think any player was worthy of being sent off in the game either, definitely not something I'd want to see in a match like that.

But if football wants to clean this all up, then they should follow rugby's example, it's as simple as that really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024