Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boat race? 17:13 - Apr 6 with 1176 viewsHollowayRanger

great british tradition

or

bunch of snotty nosed toffs?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Boat race? on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 1153 viewspomanjou

Neither.

Nothing great abt it and it's not toffee nosed.

Bit of fun for participants and excuse for a piss up for budding eastern bloc spies, heads of British espionage and a few thousand undergrads and friends.

Well overrated.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Boat race? on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1129 viewseghamranger

Plenty of burgundy and mustard cords in Putney today !!
Boat race? on 17:44 - Apr 6 with 1124 viewsmorgantwin

Boat race? on 17:30 - Apr 6 by pomanjou

Neither.

Bit of fun for participants and excuse for a piss up for budding eastern bloc spies, heads of British espionage and a few thousand undergrads and friends.

Well overrated.

for me it is a great brittish tradition,i remember being at a fulham match on tyhe old thames bank and we could see the boat race ,and as it went pass a break up in play while a player got injured meant the qwhole of the thames bank turned around
but the press got hold of the pictures and it was all over the papers next day that the fulham fans were so bored with fulham that they turned round and watched the boat race

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Boat race? on 18:18 - Apr 6 with 1053 viewsHollowayRanger

today the boats clashed funny got the whole river to themselves and they still hit each other

stewards enquiry going on now!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Boat race? on 18:48 - Apr 6 with 1016 viewsCHUBBS

Does anyone give a fcuk?
It may be tradition but it only represents a tiny minority of the countries population,the elite.
Boat race? on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 976 viewsjonno

Overgrown schoolboys playing on the river.
Boat race? on 19:28 - Apr 6 with 970 viewsTheBlob

Boat race? on 17:30 - Apr 6 by pomanjou

Neither.

Well overrated.

Universities full of subversives and traitors?You got that right.At least you know where they are.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Boat race? on 19:30 - Apr 6 with 962 viewsMrSheen

Boat race? on 19:22 - Apr 6 by jonno

Overgrown schoolboys playing on the river.

...says the man posting on a football website!
Login to get fewer ads

Boat race? on 19:34 - Apr 6 with 952 viewsBlackCrowe

Whether you like rowing or not, the tradition or not, the fact that it's the two most famous universities in the country (and actually the world) or not, one thing that can't be denied is that, like many other things, it is sport in it's in purest form.
No transfers fees, £300k pw salaries or agents involved. Just two teams that are ultimate rivals where winning is everything and losing is not an option worth contemplating.

Me? Not my sport really but the intense dedication, competition and desperation to win keeps me interested for 20 minutes each year.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 19:35]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Boat race? on 19:39 - Apr 6 with 940 viewsGloucs_R

Posh fanny is just as good as working class fanny although its usually hairier!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Boat race? on 19:40 - Apr 6 with 933 viewsNathanNI

It's 2 minutes walk from me and I stuck it on the Telly.

Meh.
Boat race? on 03:11 - Apr 7 with 813 viewsBklynRanger

In my experience the tvvatish kunt ratio in Putney on boat race day is spectacular. But to answer the question, both.
Boat race? on 04:33 - Apr 7 with 798 viewsqprmick

Boat race? on 03:11 - Apr 7 by BklynRanger

In my experience the tvvatish kunt ratio in Putney on boat race day is spectacular. But to answer the question, both.

Great tradition, but I love it when one them sinks. Or an Aussie tries to torpedo them.

Qprmick

Boat race? on 05:40 - Apr 7 with 786 viewsCanadaRanger

We had our own version on the Cam many years back...

Two punts... Occupants armed with large bicycle pumps that made superb water pistols. Even the policeman watching thought it was funny. One "punter" ended up hanging onto his pole which was stuck in the mud, as his boat continued downstream...

(This episode brought to you courtesy of Greene King...)
Boat race? on 07:53 - Apr 7 with 735 viewsmorgantwin

Boat race? on 05:40 - Apr 7 by CanadaRanger

We had our own version on the Cam many years back...

Two punts... Occupants armed with large bicycle pumps that made superb water pistols. Even the policeman watching thought it was funny. One "punter" ended up hanging onto his pole which was stuck in the mud, as his boat continued downstream...

(This episode brought to you courtesy of Greene King...)

the whole concept of being on a river and racing, is kind of marvelous

Boat race? on 09:08 - Apr 7 with 700 viewstoboboly

Boat race? on 17:44 - Apr 6 by morgantwin

for me it is a great brittish tradition,i remember being at a fulham match on tyhe old thames bank and we could see the boat race ,and as it went pass a break up in play while a player got injured meant the qwhole of the thames bank turned around
but the press got hold of the pictures and it was all over the papers next day that the fulham fans were so bored with fulham that they turned round and watched the boat race

Was this before or after the terrible events that unfolded in the Loft?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Boat race? on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 677 viewsTacticalR

Boat race? on 09:08 - Apr 7 by toboboly

Was this before or after the terrible events that unfolded in the Loft?

Air hostess clique

Boat race? on 11:06 - Apr 7 with 655 viewsmorgantwin

Boat race? on 09:52 - Apr 7 by TacticalR

tobi iused to go to fulham ,in 1967-68 i had a mad fulham mate so yeah before the mike keen testimonial,or the mike keen testimonial was the end of 1967-68 season,so the fulham boat race was in the same season

Boat race? on 15:39 - Apr 7 with 587 viewsthemodfather

why can't they alternate between rivers in oxford and cambridge and not use the london part of the thames!
why should tax payers pay for policing and clear ups???
Boat race? on 15:46 - Apr 7 with 582 viewsCanadaRanger

Perhaps if the oars were made more robust it could be referred to as "thick skulling"...

:)
Boat race? on 16:04 - Apr 7 with 571 viewsQPR1882

You could ask the same thing about a number of ' British traditions ' in the sporting calendar.

FA cup.....even we don't put a full team out because we can't be bother

League cup....as above

The Derby.....last time I went there was not loads of opentop buses from the Eastend just loads of hooray Henry's
Boat race? on 17:05 - Apr 7 with 550 viewsCanadaRanger

Boat race? on 15:39 - Apr 7 by themodfather

why can't they alternate between rivers in oxford and cambridge and not use the london part of the thames!
why should tax payers pay for policing and clear ups???

If they used the Manchester Ship Canal, it would dissolve the boats...
Boat race? on 17:38 - Apr 7 with 519 viewsstansleftfoot

Just the start of many, many summer events that give the English a chance to display the massive chips on their shoulders....Boat Race, Grand National, British Grand Prix, Royal Ascot, Huringham, Glorious Goodwood, Chelsea Flower Show, The Proms, Cowes, Wimbledon, Glyndbourne, Glorious 13th, Cheltenham, Lords Tests, Epsom Derby Festival, Henly Royal Regatta, Cartier International Polo Festival at Egham, consult Debrettes for details, protocols and Dress Codes, tickets available from any good tout, just like Glastonbury really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024