Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings - What can we really expect? 12:34 - Jun 16 with 2374 viewsDejR_vu

We clearly want to avoid the mistakes that were made the last time we were in the Prem,. Most of the names linked with us are dismissed as 'over-the-hill, looking for a last payday' types. But in reality what can we really expect?

- Young players from lower league - Given what's at stake can we really trust them to make the step up? Big gamble.

- Young players on the radar of other Prem clubs - We are a newly promoted club with a small stadium and a bit of a reputation. I think you would have to question any player in demand who would choose us over another Premier League club? Probably money, and we know where that got us last time.

Existing Prem players outside the big clubs - I think many would question why they would be good enough for us if their existing club is prepared to let them go.

Existing Prem players at big clubs - Most will be viewed with scepticism, as taking a step down, over the hill, looking for a last payday.

I would love to see a team of young, hungry players, looking at QPR as a step up, but I just can't see it happening. I think the best we can hope for is small steps where we get one or two younger players that might make the step up in the future, but in the meantime HR is going to go with players he knows he can trust to try and get us over the line. I think that means players that we aren't necessarily going to be over the moon with.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:39 - Jun 16 with 2342 viewsDiscodroid

lets ask peejay!!!

peejay, whadyya thunk????

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:43 - Jun 16 with 2344 viewsTonto

my concern is that we can EXPECT the same as last time - 30 somethings, probably those who 'Arry has worked with before

but thats not what I WANT, which is young 20 somethings with something to prove - a chip on their shoulder etc...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:58 - Jun 16 with 2295 viewsMedwayR

I think we need four 1st team players so ideally they'd be proven premier league players of a good age, attitude etc. Snodgrass has been linked and would be a good signing, although he plays in a position which isn't a priority for us but this type of signing would be good. Players like Sigthorsson will be a risk for us, they could turn out to be very good or on the other hand we could sign a Van Wolfswinkel, I'd rather we knew what we were getting. I guess we need to be looking at players on the fringe of established prem lge clubs like Spurs (Holtby, Townsend), Everton etc. Caulker would be good although I'm sure he'll have better options than us.

I wouldn't have a problem taking a couple of loans like Joel Campbell from Arsenal or Chalobah from Chelsea.

I'd like the signings we make to fill out the squad to be best of the championship type players for example Bryson (Derby), Morrison, Pearce, McCarthy (all Reading) or even lower league players like Maguire (Sheff Utd) Odubajo (Leyton Orient) but we shouldn't be relying on these players to be regular starters for us.

As for what I expect, who knows with Harry...
[Post edited 16 Jun 2014 12:59]

Poll: Who’s better?

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:59 - Jun 16 with 2287 viewsdaveB

i hope we go for the best of the championship and the best of the relegated clubs plus see if we can pick up some experience across the team.

I think that's what Redknapp will do as well
New signings - What can we really expect? on 13:20 - Jun 16 with 2223 viewskingsburyR

I'd have Bryson.

Has Williams gone to Sunderland yet, id have him also!

We wont get to many in until we let our loan army leave!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

New signings - What can we really expect? on 13:24 - Jun 16 with 2208 viewsdanehoop

We can expect a number of top, top signings who will be the right sort and good in the dressing room. Harry's tried and tested formula will be to the fore, no doubt about it.

The loan signings will leave our books from 30 June.

Never knowingly understood

New signings - What can we really expect? on 13:32 - Jun 16 with 2176 viewsrrrspricey

For me Williams, Bryson, McCormack, Ince, Rhodes should be top of the Shopping list and tied into watertight contracts for 3 years.

Even if we go down next year we'd have the nucleus of a good young side that would come back up better & stronger.
New signings - What can we really expect? on 14:15 - Jun 16 with 2106 viewsthemodfather

whoever we sign will want a long contract and big pay, they know the wage for the prem lge....
this time maybe add clauses and sign a few with heart and not to sell shirts.
Login to get fewer ads

New signings - What can we really expect? on 14:57 - Jun 16 with 2064 viewspeejaybee

Just as long as we do not sign you.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

New signings - What can we really expect? on 15:19 - Jun 16 with 2032 viewsTacticalR

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:58 - Jun 16 by MedwayR

I think we need four 1st team players so ideally they'd be proven premier league players of a good age, attitude etc. Snodgrass has been linked and would be a good signing, although he plays in a position which isn't a priority for us but this type of signing would be good. Players like Sigthorsson will be a risk for us, they could turn out to be very good or on the other hand we could sign a Van Wolfswinkel, I'd rather we knew what we were getting. I guess we need to be looking at players on the fringe of established prem lge clubs like Spurs (Holtby, Townsend), Everton etc. Caulker would be good although I'm sure he'll have better options than us.

I wouldn't have a problem taking a couple of loans like Joel Campbell from Arsenal or Chalobah from Chelsea.

I'd like the signings we make to fill out the squad to be best of the championship type players for example Bryson (Derby), Morrison, Pearce, McCarthy (all Reading) or even lower league players like Maguire (Sheff Utd) Odubajo (Leyton Orient) but we shouldn't be relying on these players to be regular starters for us.

We shouldn't sign any player with 'winkel' in his name.

Air hostess clique

New signings - What can we really expect? on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 1998 viewsheadhoops

New signings - What can we really expect? on 15:19 - Jun 16 by TacticalR

We shouldn't sign any player with 'winkel' in his name.

or Jose - literally no way Jose.

get rid of all the deadwood, strip back all the rotting vegetation and let all the young saplings come to the fore.
Copyright The Monty Don Football Managers Yearbook.

Lets get some more young blood to go alongside Charlie, Philips, Barton. By young under 30 and then only with a 2 year sensible contract.

Ince, McCormack and definitely a midfielder to replace, Benni, Oneill, Henry etc.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

New signings - What can we really expect? on 15:44 - Jun 16 with 1970 viewsDiscodroid

New signings - What can we really expect? on 14:57 - Jun 16 by peejaybee

Just as long as we do not sign you.

well done pee pee jay!!!!!

'just as long as we dont sign you".

never has a more brutal comeback been committed to the information superhighway.

im all for experience but being 46, i may be just past my peak., the blistering pace i once had getting to the bar and ordering 5 pints of fosters ,. 3 grams of charlie an eastern european 'she male' brass AND a bag of nobbys nuts in under 4.2 seconds, has long since left these boyish yet not unattractive legs.

for too long , in my opinion, managers in the top echelons of world wide football have been ecshewing 'know how' guile and maturity., for so called youth ie , any one under 45 and without the lung capacity of arthur mullard.

it really is a scandal, im sure you would agree my insightful, yet somewhat simple foe.

if only ross mcormack could tend to his hardy perinals with the skill , gleaned from many years of sunday mornings in the gardens hiding from the mrs in my shed with a hangover , as i have done .....what a player we would have on our hands.!!
[Post edited 16 Jun 2014 16:04]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

New signings - What can we really expect? on 17:06 - Jun 16 with 1889 viewssimmo

I have been told on good authority that Redknapp has given Fernandes a list 0f 30 'must have' players. 25 of them are Peter Crouch.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New signings - What can we really expect? on 17:32 - Jun 16 with 1871 viewsderbyhoop

Loads of media speculation. Usually based on the fact that they once played for Spurs or West Ham who were both managed by Redknapp
2 or 3 sensible, but unexciting players. Distinct lack of enthusiasm from the QPR fanbase for all of the said signings.
3/4 strikers on the last day of the transfer window so we get the obligatory shot of Arry with the car window down.
Sky Sports News top up Rosie47's bank account. Allegedly!!!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New signings - What can we really expect? on 17:32 - Jun 16 with 1871 viewswood_hoop

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:43 - Jun 16 by Tonto

my concern is that we can EXPECT the same as last time - 30 somethings, probably those who 'Arry has worked with before

but thats not what I WANT, which is young 20 somethings with something to prove - a chip on their shoulder etc...

'Something to prove' does that still mean rejects from other clubs ? ones that may have slipped the net, as hard to find as good experienced players.

Some managers are quite adept at bringing on young players, usually find they have some very good coaches doing a lot of the work, can't say I am over whelmed in the coaching team HR has surrounded himself with so far, and as there seems to be nothing hinting at changes in that department, we could have a dozen young Stirlings on the books and I wouldnt trust either HR or his motley crew to bring them through to a standard where they are almost kicking the door down for a first team place.
New signings - What can we really expect? on 01:24 - Jun 17 with 1742 viewsqprmick

Our debt probably limits to who we can sign. With 'arry's link to all the agents we should get some youngsters with out too much laid out.

Qprmick

New signings - What can we really expect? on 08:07 - Jun 17 with 1658 viewssexton

I would love for us not to sign someone on deadline day, but to have it all done and dusted.
New signings - What can we really expect? on 09:12 - Jun 17 with 1608 viewsLoft1979

New signings - What can we really expect? on 12:58 - Jun 16 by MedwayR

The World Cup has not distracted me enough. I am as eager as most to see what comes next. I am optimistic because of the point most bring up, we are RETURNING to the prem ala WHam just 2 years ago....(with alot of those players).
-Alot of contracts have expired. Really only a few of those cancerous contracts remain. Also unlike many here...I think the new Prem team will be far different from the Wembley side that will long live in Loftus folklore. QPR STUMBLED into the playoffs. I doubt HR is thinking any 7-8 of those are PREM quality. Most of our Prem quality players were loaned out.
Medway: I like your ideas. I think each and everyone of those names below should be considered. Last year this time we were citing Gayle as the striker to build on, but he went to CPalace...and was anon-factor all year. I expect we will do the same and hopefully go for Maguire, Dele and Odubajo as possible future stars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024