Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lauren Bacall RIP 10:22 - Aug 13 with 2269 viewsMonahoop

One of my favourite actresses. An absolute beaut in her day and that wonderful sultry smokey voice of hers. The finest in hollywood. Don't make them like her anymore.

RIP Lauren.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Lauren Bacall RIP on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 2259 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

One of the best looking leads ever.

Not many left now Olivia de Havilland is still alive though! 98! hope she gets to 100.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lauren Bacall RIP on 10:43 - Aug 13 with 2218 viewsPommyhoop

Lovely looking lady and agreed that voice was erotica on the earoles.
First cousin to Shimon Peres apperently.
RIP Lauren.

Lovely name too.My youngest daughter shares it..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lauren Bacall RIP on 11:31 - Aug 13 with 2187 viewsisawqpratwcity

red hot and ice cold!

the interesting thing for me is that the smoking chemistry she had with bogart spilled over into real life. but when i put an old bogey film in front of my (mid-twenties) kids, they only see artifice, they don't see the character of the actor carrying the role. their mutual attraction proves the opposite to me.

rip

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lauren Bacall RIP on 13:24 - Aug 13 with 2119 viewsderbyhoop

Go watch the clip from the Big Sleep (1946). Anyone would think they were talking about horse racing and who could say otherwise. Possibly the most suggestive conversation I've ever seen on film.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lauren Bacall RIP on 13:30 - Aug 13 with 2109 viewsLblock

You know how to whistle donchya?

Just put your lips together and blow

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lauren Bacall RIP on 13:39 - Aug 13 with 2096 viewsLblock

Lauren Bacall RIP on 13:24 - Aug 13 by derbyhoop

Go watch the clip from the Big Sleep (1946). Anyone would think they were talking about horse racing and who could say otherwise. Possibly the most suggestive conversation I've ever seen on film.

Top tip.

I prefer the scene in the bookshop with the book seller (not Bacall) when she takes off her bookworm glasses and undoes the pony tail.... "well hello..."

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lauren Bacall RIP on 01:06 - Aug 14 with 1970 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lauren Bacall RIP on 01:15 - Aug 14 with 1964 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Big Sleep is my favourite film, all told. And Bacall is a huge part of. She's a central part of the chemistry. So to, the bookworm sketch, so too the Old Man Sternwood Orchid scene. There must be a hundred great lines in that film alone. But the scenes between Bogart and Bacall are pure smouldering sex. No one did it better than her.

As for the whistle scene in To have and To Have Not...the last two seconds spoke for every man...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Lauren Bacall RIP on 07:36 - Aug 14 with 1922 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think it was Lauren Bacall who was asked on a chat show - Parkinson probably - what exactly is star quality, and replied "I don't know, but whatever it is, I've got it." Which pretty much proved her point.

The Big Sleep is absolutely brilliant btw and got me into Chandler. I've only just heard that James Garner has died too; he was a fine Marlowe
Lauren Bacall RIP on 13:46 - Aug 14 with 1863 viewsfrancisbowles

She was always very interesting and down to earth. Loved watching interviews as well as her movies.

Did she make an appearance in the Rockford Files?
Lauren Bacall RIP on 14:49 - Aug 14 with 1847 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Two very good pieces here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2724274/Vamp-volcanic-temper-One-me

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024