Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isla and Fer 20:31 - Aug 24 with 2004 viewsstuabd

HR
“I’d thrown one or two of them in, maybe... it was Mauricio Isla’s first game since the World Cup, and (Leroy) Fer’s first 90 minutes since May. Maybe one or two of them looked a bit slow, on the ball and without the ball.

If this was the case, then surely a fit Faurlin and Simpson would have been better starters until the above 2 got match-fit.
Isla and Fer on 20:55 - Aug 24 with 1908 viewsstansleftfoot

Please stop revealing the wisdom of Harry Redknapp.....it's painful!
I accept we've got back into the Premiership, but I genuinely believe he's a rubbish Manager, our players looked lost and it finally was proven when they all ran round in circles chasing the ball for the third....slow, on the ball, off the ball, no energy, didn't show up, found him in the car park, tried to sign the cab-driver once, top top twxt!
QPR made Adeboyour look like a proper footballer for 93 minutes, good sides....he gives up....Harry Redknapp! He manages my Club! Onwards to unbeaten Burton Albion.....Ha!
Genuinely concerned for a game against Poyets Sunderland....can't think of a side that won't relish coming to Loftus Road...can't think of many QPR players who deserve a place other than Green.
Isla and Fer on 23:26 - Aug 24 with 1588 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

I would have expected them to be introduced on wed vs Burton, not today in a London derby. Isla played 90 mins, he looked out of it after 10 min
Isla and Fer on 23:37 - Aug 24 with 1558 viewsBasingstokeR

Isla and Fer on 20:55 - Aug 24 by stansleftfoot

Please stop revealing the wisdom of Harry Redknapp.....it's painful!
I accept we've got back into the Premiership, but I genuinely believe he's a rubbish Manager, our players looked lost and it finally was proven when they all ran round in circles chasing the ball for the third....slow, on the ball, off the ball, no energy, didn't show up, found him in the car park, tried to sign the cab-driver once, top top twxt!
QPR made Adeboyour look like a proper footballer for 93 minutes, good sides....he gives up....Harry Redknapp! He manages my Club! Onwards to unbeaten Burton Albion.....Ha!
Genuinely concerned for a game against Poyets Sunderland....can't think of a side that won't relish coming to Loftus Road...can't think of many QPR players who deserve a place other than Green.

Green wasn't much better than anyone else today either
Isla and Fer on 09:41 - Aug 25 with 1233 viewsLoft1979

Isla and Fer on 23:37 - Aug 24 by BasingstokeR

Green wasn't much better than anyone else today either

A certain goalkeeper did not play for Reading this weekend.....
Isla and Fer on 09:44 - Aug 25 with 1215 viewsTHEBUSH

Hindsight, is a wonderful thing
Isla and Fer on 09:54 - Aug 25 with 1166 viewsSpiritofGregory

Rodwell played well and scored for Sunderland on his debut.
Isla and Fer on 10:55 - Aug 25 with 1058 viewsstansleftfoot

Isla and Fer on 09:44 - Aug 25 by THEBUSH

Hindsight, is a wonderful thing

hindsight? Look at the facts, the three defenders in a 352, have to be mobile and disciplined, they are part of a structure, whereby they must fill in the spaces left behind by attacking wing backs, not only must they have pace, they must have stamina, dynamism, and football intelligence. It's not three cb's, its two and a sweeper. The defensive MF fills in if the sweeper moves away from his central position.
The wing backs must be fit as butchers dogs because they are both the winger and the full back. They must be skilfull and dogged.
The midfielders need vision, a great first touch, they need to be able to move the ball quickly, therefore they need complementary movement from the other two.
The Two strikers are the first line of defence so they must be aggressive and strong enough to tackle defenders.
352 sides have a higher ratio of cards given against them. It's all about aggression, pace and dynamism.
The defensive starter line is not the edge of our box with 70 yards between sweeper and striker.
So QPR presented THFC with a number of unfit and untried players, a number of players spectacularly unsuited to 352.
No doubt many where encouraged by losing to Hull FC. Well, how and why did it happen! Steve Bruce sucker punched us by matching up our 352, holding us at bay until they got it sussed and then just upped the ante by passing quicker when Quinn came on.
Spurs didn't bother, they allowed Adebayour to wander and overloaded the midfield with 5 and sometimes 6 and pressed us high up in our half.
I learnt 352 at Junior Level, it was never seen again unless injuries demanded a change at Senior Level. Some clubs use it, Ajax for example use a breed of it from their DNA of Total Football. It's used by proper coaches who develop a squad and ethos, it doesn't just get used with three traditional british centre halves, some championship players and a few unfit internationals.
2014 at QPR with a Manager and a coaching team who have won 14% of their Premiership games is not the time for Harry Redknapp to start getting clever....I'd suggest! Hindsight...Nope! Eyesight!
Redknapp has done this before with his random selections, it will not work in this Years Premiership.
Isla and Fer on 11:32 - Aug 25 with 962 viewsYorkRanger

Isla and Fer on 10:55 - Aug 25 by stansleftfoot

hindsight? Look at the facts, the three defenders in a 352, have to be mobile and disciplined, they are part of a structure, whereby they must fill in the spaces left behind by attacking wing backs, not only must they have pace, they must have stamina, dynamism, and football intelligence. It's not three cb's, its two and a sweeper. The defensive MF fills in if the sweeper moves away from his central position.
The wing backs must be fit as butchers dogs because they are both the winger and the full back. They must be skilfull and dogged.
The midfielders need vision, a great first touch, they need to be able to move the ball quickly, therefore they need complementary movement from the other two.
The Two strikers are the first line of defence so they must be aggressive and strong enough to tackle defenders.
352 sides have a higher ratio of cards given against them. It's all about aggression, pace and dynamism.
The defensive starter line is not the edge of our box with 70 yards between sweeper and striker.
So QPR presented THFC with a number of unfit and untried players, a number of players spectacularly unsuited to 352.
No doubt many where encouraged by losing to Hull FC. Well, how and why did it happen! Steve Bruce sucker punched us by matching up our 352, holding us at bay until they got it sussed and then just upped the ante by passing quicker when Quinn came on.
Spurs didn't bother, they allowed Adebayour to wander and overloaded the midfield with 5 and sometimes 6 and pressed us high up in our half.
I learnt 352 at Junior Level, it was never seen again unless injuries demanded a change at Senior Level. Some clubs use it, Ajax for example use a breed of it from their DNA of Total Football. It's used by proper coaches who develop a squad and ethos, it doesn't just get used with three traditional british centre halves, some championship players and a few unfit internationals.
2014 at QPR with a Manager and a coaching team who have won 14% of their Premiership games is not the time for Harry Redknapp to start getting clever....I'd suggest! Hindsight...Nope! Eyesight!
Redknapp has done this before with his random selections, it will not work in this Years Premiership.

Good post.
Login to get fewer ads

Isla and Fer on 11:53 - Aug 25 with 902 viewsSomersetHoops

Its done these two players harm in terms of confidence, morale and how they feel about their new team and probably how the team feel about them. Throwing them into a difficult game unfit and not match-fit is a major management error. You might even wonder if Harry is trying to get sacked when he does things like that. Surely with his experience he ought to know better.

Who's Next?

Isla and Fer on 12:06 - Aug 25 with 877 viewsLblock

Isla and Fer on 10:55 - Aug 25 by stansleftfoot

Absolutely bang on the money

I was thinking this morning watching Kammy and the Blue Peter failure how to beat us is simple -- you go one up top, midfield runners and make our wing backs do the job they are most unsuited to... defend.
Look at how Dunne leaves the back 3 line to challenge for the third goal and is then left doing what he does best by floundering around while everything runs around him. Dunne is a great muck and bullets warhorse and will excel at the nuts and bolts of heading it away from a barage, blocks and blood in a defensive rear guard action. You know, the sort of stuff you get Tuesday Saturday in the Championship. He is NOT and never was suited to slick fast paced movement and needing speed of thought and concentration.
Ferdinand has rarely played in that system.
Caulker just looks lost. I'm dissapointed most by him really as I thought he'd be our defensive leader but he looks in awe of Rio and Dicky --- maybe he's slack jawed a just how shite they are?
For me we need to be hard to beat -- thats a straight 4-4-2 with a defensive midfielder sitting or we go 4-5-1. Harry gets all reactionary and defensive when people question his 3-5-2 and I'm sure he's going to doggedly stick to it but the facts are plain and simple. He says we've not a striker that can play the "1" role - bull! Charlie did that for most of last season and if Remy cant trouble defenses with his movement as a single man up top then maybe he's not the £20mill striker many think he is. He says if you play 2 in middle teams slaughter you with 3 in there... sorry but I think we got slaughtered yesterday?
I still maintain in all my years of running teams the 3-5-2 was the simplest one to unpick. The only time I had trouble against it was when the seeper was a fit as and as skillfull as anything you've ever seen and both wing backs where like whippets with jack russell attitudes. Even then we gave a good account by switching to a 4-1-3-2 system with one of the strikers virtually sitting on the sweeper whn we lost possession.

People mock but next week is a MUST WIN. Plain and simple. It's unforgiving at this level and we're already 3 points behind the road the club will have plotted before a ball was kicked so we simply have to beat a resurgent Slumberland or we'll be 4 or 6 behind and to make that up you're looking to beat a top seven side away or at home and get a point somewhere like Man City

2nd weekend in and we're already in big trouble. Not because we lost at WHL but the manner of it, the start of our new signings and this poxy system that the dinosaur crew are sticking to.

Concerned of Ealing
X

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Isla and Fer on 12:37 - Aug 25 with 809 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapps tactical nous is 'throw one or two of them in'.

@WeavQPR

Isla and Fer on 12:47 - Aug 25 with 792 viewsstansleftfoot

352 is rubbish unless you have players who can do the whole TOTAL football thing.
The solution to the sweeper is to push on and get your striker to mark man on the sweeper.
You end up attacking a defence sitting in their own box...simples!
Caulker will still have in his muscle memories the defensive training of three against three...but it ain't going to work in a premiership game, only Harry Redknapp waits 'til half time to change stuff, every other coach changes during the game.
We ended up failing to pick up their centre half who just fancied joining in...
If we wanted to give Fer and Isla a run out, let a 442 side earn us the right to do so at least, not just take the pxss, we were nearly one down within a minute?
Alarm Bells? Nope!
HR "What happened Bondy" Bondy: "not sure boss I wasn't looking, I think I've let the car keys in the loo!" HR " What shall we do?" Bondy " I'll look for them at half time" HR " Top man Kevin"
Isla and Fer on 13:32 - Aug 25 with 718 viewskysersosaqpr

Gotta add Mutch to Isla and Fer. Has done sweet fa in first two games. How did these three get picked before Ali?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024