Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Squire 17:13 - Jun 28 with 1925 viewsSonofNorfolt

RIP
West London boy as well.
Good bass player.
Chris Squire on 17:16 - Jun 28 with 1909 viewsMoonshineSteve

Sad news.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Chris Squire on 17:58 - Jun 28 with 1831 viewsDorse

Brilliant bass player. Rest easy Chris.

One of my favourite tracks from Chris Squire - the bass part was double tracked to give it that extra thwack. Of course, he was playing the Rickie - not one of my favourites TBH but he couldn't have got his sound from any other bass of the era.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris Squire on 18:26 - Jun 28 with 1761 viewsAitch

Bloody hell, Yes did some fantastic stuff. RIP Chris.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Chris Squire on 19:15 - Jun 28 with 1670 viewsjohnhoop

Prompted by this thread I just listened to "Starship Trooper" off the Yes Album for the first time in ages and the last segment ("Wurm") nearly took my head off like it always used to.
Thanks Chris and R.I.P.
Chris Squire on 19:19 - Jun 28 with 1656 viewsTheBlob

Another legend gone.
R.I.P Chris.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Chris Squire on 20:32 - Jun 28 with 1529 viewsbrewers_hoop

Sad news indeed. Definitely up there with the top top bass players, although JJ Burnel always did it for me. On a related note, Rick Wakeman was a Norfolt boy. His mum was best mates with my Nan and he once caused my Grandad to topple off his window-cleaning ladder after shooting him up the Arris with a bow and arrow...
Chris Squire on 09:33 - Jun 29 with 1283 viewsDiscodroids

sad sad sad

"'ive seen all good people/YOUR MOVE'

magic.

RIP , Chris
[Post edited 29 Jun 2015 9:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Chris Squire on 09:40 - Jun 29 with 1273 viewsbob566

Chris Squire on 20:32 - Jun 28 by brewers_hoop

Sad news indeed. Definitely up there with the top top bass players, although JJ Burnel always did it for me. On a related note, Rick Wakeman was a Norfolt boy. His mum was best mates with my Nan and he once caused my Grandad to topple off his window-cleaning ladder after shooting him up the Arris with a bow and arrow...

I went to wilko Johnson a couple of months ago and the bass player blew me away. Unbelievable musician
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Squire on 09:52 - Jun 29 with 1256 viewsMonahoop

Chris Squire on 09:40 - Jun 29 by bob566

I went to wilko Johnson a couple of months ago and the bass player blew me away. Unbelievable musician

That would be Norman Watt Roy of the Blockheads and of Wilko's band. Totally amazing bassist. The very best. Jazz funk thoroughbred.

As for Chris, a decent bass player too. Very sad. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024