Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match interview with Ramsey 10:48 - Aug 9 with 2633 viewsSimonJames

"Twenty minutes in I could only see one winner." http://po.st/LUNQwz

I'm probably being over simplistic here but, surely that is the point where the manager/coach should start earning their money by changing things (tactics, players, etc.) around?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Post match interview with Ramsey on 11:57 - Aug 9 with 2518 viewsessextaxiboy

He means us .
Post match interview with Ramsey on 12:18 - Aug 9 with 2460 viewsSomersetHoops

It seems we were on top for about the first 20 minutes, but after that the lack of a decent pre-season started to tell and the players ran out of steam. That allowed Charlton to start to get on top. Lets hope once this team gets fit and the gaps in defence are filled that won't happen again.

Who's Next?

Post match interview with Ramsey on 12:52 - Aug 9 with 2352 viewsTheBlob

Scripts courtesy of Platitudes R Us.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Post match interview with Ramsey on 13:44 - Aug 9 with 2250 viewsSimonJames

Post match interview with Ramsey on 11:57 - Aug 9 by essextaxiboy

He means us .

Ah I see what you mean now!
Clearly my cunning plan last night, to obliterate the game from my mind by drinking heavily, resulted in a bear of very slow brain this morning.

Post match interview with Ramsey on 14:43 - Aug 9 with 2145 viewsWilloW4

Post match interview with Ramsey on 12:18 - Aug 9 by SomersetHoops

It seems we were on top for about the first 20 minutes, but after that the lack of a decent pre-season started to tell and the players ran out of steam. That allowed Charlton to start to get on top. Lets hope once this team gets fit and the gaps in defence are filled that won't happen again.

They will happen again...and again...and again.
Post match interview with Ramsey on 16:19 - Aug 9 with 2017 viewsessextaxiboy

Post match interview with Ramsey on 13:44 - Aug 9 by SimonJames

Ah I see what you mean now!
Clearly my cunning plan last night, to obliterate the game from my mind by drinking heavily, resulted in a bear of very slow brain this morning.

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek but apologies if I have missed any irony .

We had at least 35 min of dominance . The possession stats at HT would have suggested that we were strolling it .
Post match interview with Ramsey on 17:10 - Aug 9 with 1912 viewsSimonJames

Post match interview with Ramsey on 16:19 - Aug 9 by essextaxiboy

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek but apologies if I have missed any irony .

We had at least 35 min of dominance . The possession stats at HT would have suggested that we were strolling it .

No irony...

""We started really well, were on the front foot creating chances, but when you don't take them, it becomes very difficult to win football matches.
"Twenty minutes in I could only see one winner."

... The first sentence starts positively, but ends negatively. So my hungover brain interpreted the follow on sentence to be continuing the negativity, i.e. that after 20 minutes CR thought Charlton were going to win.

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:22 - Aug 10 with 1675 viewsRangers67

Two things cost us on Sat, Rob ( Crusty ) Green and his customary blunder every two or three games, what a good decision that was to let a better keeper go to Palace ! and a lack of fitness. Ramsay is at fault for this and it is unforgiveable. How you can fail to get a football squad fit for the season is a complete mystery. For those two reasons and the shambles that was the end of last season I think Mr Ramsay is not the right man for the job.
Login to get fewer ads

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:25 - Aug 10 with 1671 viewsessextaxiboy

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:22 - Aug 10 by Rangers67

Two things cost us on Sat, Rob ( Crusty ) Green and his customary blunder every two or three games, what a good decision that was to let a better keeper go to Palace ! and a lack of fitness. Ramsay is at fault for this and it is unforgiveable. How you can fail to get a football squad fit for the season is a complete mystery. For those two reasons and the shambles that was the end of last season I think Mr Ramsay is not the right man for the job.

Mcarthey had a buy out clause , how s Ramsey responsible for that ?
Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:37 - Aug 10 with 1642 viewsJamie

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:25 - Aug 10 by essextaxiboy

Mcarthey had a buy out clause , how s Ramsey responsible for that ?

Without getting into the strange bandwagon of beating up on Rambo, if Ramsey's eye to the future had extended to realising a 25 year old goalie has a longer term future here than a 35 year old on three times as much money, McCarthy would still be here.
Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:39 - Aug 10 with 1640 viewstraininvain

McCarthy let in a soft goal on Saturday which seems to have become a bit of a trend. Perhaps he learnt from Green!
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:04 - Aug 10 with 1588 viewsBlue_Castello

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:37 - Aug 10 by Jamie

Without getting into the strange bandwagon of beating up on Rambo, if Ramsey's eye to the future had extended to realising a 25 year old goalie has a longer term future here than a 35 year old on three times as much money, McCarthy would still be here.

How about McCarthy was quoted in the press that he wanted to play in the Premiership and who wouldn't want to go to Palace the way they are being run / managed.

Then you argue that he was on contract to us we could have stopped him, well I think we are making a serious effort with FFP this season, ie we have promised the Football League to make every effort to comply. I also think Mccarthy is the better option but we couldn't afford both keepers and its looks unlikely anybody is going to take Green off our hands.

Green in general will be a good enough keeper in the Championship if we sort out our back four who need to defend as a unit, what we need most is a defensive coach, still no call to Gerry Francis......
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 10:07]
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1549 viewsessextaxiboy

Post match interview with Ramsey on 09:37 - Aug 10 by Jamie

Maybe he doesnt rate Mcarthey who hasnt gone to Palace as No 1 . If so he probably sees 3 mill as good business .

Green needs to be challenged for the shirt by someone . IMO in the past he has earned us more points than lost , but everyone gets older and has to have a season where performance isnt what it has been .

If this is Greens we need to be ready
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 1542 viewsJamie

Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:04 - Aug 10 by Blue_Castello

How about McCarthy was quoted in the press that he wanted to play in the Premiership and who wouldn't want to go to Palace the way they are being run / managed.

Then you argue that he was on contract to us we could have stopped him, well I think we are making a serious effort with FFP this season, ie we have promised the Football League to make every effort to comply. I also think Mccarthy is the better option but we couldn't afford both keepers and its looks unlikely anybody is going to take Green off our hands.

Green in general will be a good enough keeper in the Championship if we sort out our back four who need to defend as a unit, what we need most is a defensive coach, still no call to Gerry Francis......
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 10:07]

As his choice was Championship bench, or PL bench, of course he chose to go. Who wouldnt. Had he been our #1 this season though he would've stayed.

As for FFP, the fee we received barely covers Greens' wages for this year.
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:23 - Aug 10 with 1516 viewsBlue_Castello

Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:15 - Aug 10 by Jamie

As his choice was Championship bench, or PL bench, of course he chose to go. Who wouldnt. Had he been our #1 this season though he would've stayed.

As for FFP, the fee we received barely covers Greens' wages for this year.

Well your making that as a statement of fact, we don't know the answer and I still think the lure of the Premiership and a team currently being run like Palace was enough for him to make the decision.

If we had made him our No1 we would be paying big money to two goalkeepers which we can't afford, Green was the better one to offload but nobody wants to take him.
Also didn't McCarthy have a release clause of £3.5 million, if so we couldn't stop him and he was quoted as saying he wanted to get back to the Premiership, you may see him as No2 at Palace but he started the game on Saturday and could well push Speroni for the number 1 jersey.

Also just remembered he may well have been one of the players who had a relegation clause in his contract, IF that's true he may now be back on a bigger salary at Palace, we just don't know all the facts.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 10:28]
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:27 - Aug 10 with 1498 viewsGetMeRangers

If you listened to Kevin Gallen on the podcast you would understand that there is no replacement for game time , ie preseason, for getting players match fit. Our's was rank because of a poor choice of tour operator. It has happened

This and the next three games are our pre-season, albeit 'in season'.

Green makes mistakes. MaCarthy has a release clause activated. He choose to go to a Premiership bench rather than sit on ours, perhaps even with better wages. Can we get a suitable replacement for 3.5 million. Yes. Will we pay that, when we have access to the emergency loan system this season? Probably not, given that we bid 1.5 for Bentley

This is the new world of trying to live within our means with Lee Hoos at the helm. We need to get used to it
Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:35 - Aug 10 with 1483 viewsadhoc_qpr

We ultimately should have encouraged Green out the door to Chelsea because of his wages and offered McCarthy the number one spot with a pay rise and a new contract without a release clause.

But we didn't and we're left a bit short and a bit overbudget, but still with a keeper who can do a job and is rarely unfit.

Not sure what Ramsey is banging on about when saying we will struggle to keep Green? There is only one prem team interested in a new keeper at the moment and that's WBA, who will only want a loan deal at best until Foster in back in the new year - so they won't want Green permanently.
Post match interview with Ramsey on 13:40 - Aug 10 with 1355 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Post match interview with Ramsey on 10:27 - Aug 10 by GetMeRangers

If you listened to Kevin Gallen on the podcast you would understand that there is no replacement for game time , ie preseason, for getting players match fit. Our's was rank because of a poor choice of tour operator. It has happened

This and the next three games are our pre-season, albeit 'in season'.

Green makes mistakes. MaCarthy has a release clause activated. He choose to go to a Premiership bench rather than sit on ours, perhaps even with better wages. Can we get a suitable replacement for 3.5 million. Yes. Will we pay that, when we have access to the emergency loan system this season? Probably not, given that we bid 1.5 for Bentley

This is the new world of trying to live within our means with Lee Hoos at the helm. We need to get used to it

The question has to be who is our fitness coach and why he hasn't been sacked.

Secondly whoever organised the pre season tour should be sacked as well

Finally we need to buy a quality keeper to put pressure on Green for the goalkeepers jersey.
Poor mistake by Green on Saturday for the first goal
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 13:44]
Post match interview with Ramsey on 16:17 - Aug 10 with 1255 viewsvegasranger

Carl Serrant joined with Neil Warnock. Newcastle fans saying he didm't know how to keep himself fit. I don' think many of our players were fit at the end of last season and how many hamstring injuries did we have?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024