Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green or Smithies? 12:08 - Aug 30 with 2111 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Now it doesn't look like Green is going after all, so we are faced with the dilemma like last season. Do we keep Green in goal who is a good keeper, but not in the long run, or do we play Smithies, who seems to be the future?
I personally would give Smithies a run in goal, because we need to prove to him that he is a part of our plan

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Green or Smithies? on 12:20 - Aug 30 with 2056 viewsDiscodroids

Im expecting King Green to leave in the next few days. I cant imagine that we have spent the thick end of 2 million quid of our limited budget , that has us signing sundry free transfers and looking at leon best, for him to be on the bench .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Green or Smithies? on 12:28 - Aug 30 with 2036 viewsSpiritofGregory

Smithies should be No1. Let's hope Green leaves for West Ham. We should have a young understudy waiting to make the step up.
Green or Smithies? on 12:31 - Aug 30 with 2017 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well, if RG doesn't leave, then the new lad can be nurtured through the season for next year when RG will leave.

I suspect AS might learn a lot from RG as well. Certainly play him in our annual FA Cup exit and once the season's outcome is decided, then play him for the remainder.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Green or Smithies? on 12:39 - Aug 30 with 1992 viewsjamois

Based on our signings so far I'm fairly sure the strategy this season is to play a cunning 1-7-1 formation, with both Smithies AND Green in goal, some kind of striker up front and all our midfielders deployed in cheerleader formation behind.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Green or Smithies? on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 1948 viewsDiscodroids

Green or Smithies? on 12:31 - Aug 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Well, if RG doesn't leave, then the new lad can be nurtured through the season for next year when RG will leave.

I suspect AS might learn a lot from RG as well. Certainly play him in our annual FA Cup exit and once the season's outcome is decided, then play him for the remainder.

I can see where youre coming from, but it does seem an Expensive induction Programme for the club To be embracing then mate.

King greens wages (of somewhere between the living wage and £40,000p er week) to nurture a 25 year old goalie whose played over 250 games

.Given the fiscal module were operating these days, that dont 'arf seem to be flying in the face of the restraints imposed on other areas of the team.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 12:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Green or Smithies? on 13:14 - Aug 30 with 1869 viewsTheChef

I'd like to see Smithies get a run in the side. We all know about Green, his kicking and general distribution are still sh1te.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Green or Smithies? on 13:20 - Aug 30 with 1839 viewsHollowayRanger

green

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Green or Smithies? on 14:12 - Aug 30 with 1757 viewsWilloW4

Green or Smithies? on 13:14 - Aug 30 by TheChef

I'd like to see Smithies get a run in the side. We all know about Green, his kicking and general distribution are still sh1te.

Be good to see smithies... On the West Yorkshire radio yesterday the commentator said a minute after we scored.. ' well, for the first time today QPR fans are singing, and it has a definite London drawl to it, Alex has to get used to that"...( or something very similar).... Made me laugh, yes Alex can handle it...!
Login to get fewer ads

Green or Smithies? on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 1705 viewsolderR

Green or Smithies? on 13:14 - Aug 30 by TheChef

Watching the Carlisle game I thought we had bought a keeper from the Green School of Keeping.
A couple of dreadful kicks in the first half and a dropped cross in the second.
First game nerves I hope.
Green or Smithies? on 15:31 - Aug 30 with 1646 viewsBluce_Ree

King Green is King Aceness.

This Smithies kid isn't the one. Our new generation of accountant fans think he's on £10 a week though so they'll want him.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Green or Smithies? on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 1628 viewspeejaybee

Green or Smithies? on 12:47 - Aug 30 by Discodroids

I can see where youre coming from, but it does seem an Expensive induction Programme for the club To be embracing then mate.

King greens wages (of somewhere between the living wage and £40,000p er week) to nurture a 25 year old goalie whose played over 250 games

.Given the fiscal module were operating these days, that dont 'arf seem to be flying in the face of the restraints imposed on other areas of the team.

Hey
That cannot be you Disco,

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Green or Smithies? on 16:45 - Aug 30 with 1561 viewsMatch82

Green or Smithies? on 12:47 - Aug 30 by Discodroids

I don't think we should stand in greens way if a bid comes in, but if he's here regardless and we're paying his wages anyway, I think the idea of smithies being an understudy for a year isn't the worst
Green or Smithies? on 18:53 - Aug 30 with 1440 viewsGetMeRangers

Given that Smithies has only just arrived at the club, during a period where we have a defence that is also getting to know each other and settle, I cant see the urgency to bring Smithies to start. If Green stays, as others have said, it is a great opportunity for Smithies to learn as an understudy, as well as learning to work with the back four we use this season in training.

With the manner of games coming thick and fast in this league... and tougher games than yesterday, I am sure Greeno will need either rest or get a slight injury. Smithies will get his chance
Green or Smithies? on 20:01 - Aug 30 with 1384 viewsOakR

Green is No1.

Smithies will get his chance at some point. If he does well he may keep his place, but can't see him dislodging Green unless Green has a poor run of form.

For me it would be a good set-up, good opportunity to hang over this year.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Green or Smithies? on 21:21 - Aug 30 with 1308 viewsBluce_Ree

Green or Smithies? on 12:28 - Aug 30 by SpiritofGregory

Smithies should be No1. Let's hope Green leaves for West Ham. We should have a young understudy waiting to make the step up.

That's the SoG seal of approval for Smithies.

So yeah, Green to stay for ETERNITY then please.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Green or Smithies? on 04:31 - Aug 31 with 1210 viewsDylanP

If Green stays then he plays. He is a great goalie.

Green was tremendous last year and has been good this year. We know he is great. We know precious little about what Smithies can do for us. We go with tried and tested. At the same time we bring Smithies along so that when Green goes we have a fully acclimatized and prepared goalie to take over.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Green or Smithies? on 06:39 - Aug 31 with 1173 viewsTGRRRSSS

Like we acclimatised and prepared Alex McCarthy?

I agree about Green - especially at this level but it's a difficult one
Green or Smithies? on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 1132 viewsDiscodroids

Green or Smithies? on 04:31 - Aug 31 by DylanP

If Green stays then he plays. He is a great goalie.

Green was tremendous last year and has been good this year. We know he is great. We know precious little about what Smithies can do for us. We go with tried and tested. At the same time we bring Smithies along so that when Green goes we have a fully acclimatized and prepared goalie to take over.

Ive nothing against King Green(mainly because of my loyalty to my mate and top gadge Bluce) but Smithies isnt a yucca plant that needs acclimatising.

In fact , Hes been taking root for many seasons in the herbaceous boarders of huddersfield and his buds should have flowered by now thus chauncy gardner Ramsey should cultivate them before harsh winter conditions set in. The last thing a keen horticulturalist needs is for Robert green to set in like Japanese Knotweed.

Percy Thrower
north chingford.

as a side note of no interest to anyone, least of all me, i was called into work today to sit at a desk to stare at said office yucca plant, just in case "something might turn up".

oh bollocks.

Green or Smithies? on 10:04 - Aug 31 with 1079 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

until the weekend Green has let in two goals a game. With a first team back four in front of them. I can't see why Smithies is not given a fair go. I hope we don't lose another up and coming keeper
Green or Smithies? on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 1046 viewsqprphil

Keep Green in for this season as No 1, if, he cant be shifted. At Greens age he needs to play, if he doesn't, arthritis may well set in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Green or Smithies? on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 1024 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why can't we put Smithies in goal, McCarthy is in goal for Palace?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024