Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) 22:28 - Sep 23 with 1500 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Too much blame when things go wrong.
Too much credit when things go right.

Obvious fvck ups aside.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:33 - Sep 23 with 1490 viewsSimonJames

47 shots, 16 on target, 1 goal !!! Clearly something is not right there.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:39 - Sep 23 with 1476 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:33 - Sep 23 by SimonJames

47 shots, 16 on target, 1 goal !!! Clearly something is not right there.

Clearly.

But i'd argue it wasn't Rogers who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:50 - Sep 23 with 1451 viewsBushman

One penalty away from another disaster for Rogers.

Lucky man.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:53 - Sep 23 with 1445 viewseasthertsr

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:39 - Sep 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Clearly.

But i'd argue it wasn't Rogers who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

No, but he did sign the players who couldn't!
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:56 - Sep 23 with 1433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:53 - Sep 23 by easthertsr

No, but he did sign the players who couldn't!

True, but who would imagine signing Ings and Lallana and it going wrong?

By the way, i'm not fanboy of Rogers. I think this applies to a lot of managers.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2015 22:58]
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 23:01 - Sep 23 with 1423 viewseghamranger

Rather be him than Steve McLaren tonight!!!

Just
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 23:37 - Sep 23 with 1383 viewsBrightonhoop

Southampton smashed MK Dons too, still no sign of Caulker, not even making the bench?
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 00:19 - Sep 24 with 1367 viewsTacticalR

You can't sack the players - they're the assets of the club.
You can't sack the fans - they pay for the club.
You can't sack the owners - they own the club.

Somebody else has to be sacrificed.

Having said that, isn't the whole point of Rodgers that he is a mid-table manager? Liverpool should just come out of the mid-table closet and admit it openly.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 0:21]

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 00:47 - Sep 24 with 1329 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 00:19 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

You can't sack the players - they're the assets of the club.
You can't sack the fans - they pay for the club.
You can't sack the owners - they own the club.

Somebody else has to be sacrificed.

Having said that, isn't the whole point of Rodgers that he is a mid-table manager? Liverpool should just come out of the mid-table closet and admit it openly.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 0:21]

If the players or the owners are the problem, you could sack 1,000 managers without making much difference.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 01:40 - Sep 24 with 1311 viewsTacticalR

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 00:47 - Sep 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

If the players or the owners are the problem, you could sack 1,000 managers without making much difference.

Absolutely. But it's not about fixing the problem, it's about appearing to fix the problem, and the quickest way to do that is to rotate managers.

As I said above, in Liverpool's case it would be much better if Liverpool came out of the closet as a mid-table team. That way they can stop living a lie.

Air hostess clique

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 02:01 - Sep 24 with 1302 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 01:40 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

Absolutely. But it's not about fixing the problem, it's about appearing to fix the problem, and the quickest way to do that is to rotate managers.

As I said above, in Liverpool's case it would be much better if Liverpool came out of the closet as a mid-table team. That way they can stop living a lie.

Yeah I agree. I think the whole club needs a culture update.

Those five stars on the badge has become a bit of a millstone.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 05:36 - Sep 24 with 1264 viewsSimonJames

The whole unhappy handcart started rolling towards Hell the day that Suarez had a little nibble of Chiellini.
When they sold him not only did they lose a great goal scorer, but they also lost the catalyst for the whole team.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 07:57 - Sep 24 with 1227 viewseasthertsr

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 22:56 - Sep 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

True, but who would imagine signing Ings and Lallana and it going wrong?

By the way, i'm not fanboy of Rogers. I think this applies to a lot of managers.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2015 22:58]

The manager is responsible for buying players and then creating the system they play and cultivating the atmosphere on the training ground/ dressing room. Very good players playing under a manager who is not doing his job properly can see their performances tail off alarmingly if they sense the manager is not up to the task.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:06 - Sep 24 with 1215 viewsNorthernr

Liverpool were very poor before he got there - Konchesky, Poulsen etc - and are poor again now. In between they had Luis Suarez and Sturridge was fit. If they had Luis Suarez and Sturridge was fit now they'd be very good again.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:35 - Sep 24 with 1189 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:06 - Sep 24 by Northernr

Liverpool were very poor before he got there - Konchesky, Poulsen etc - and are poor again now. In between they had Luis Suarez and Sturridge was fit. If they had Luis Suarez and Sturridge was fit now they'd be very good again.

This.

We dropped like a stone when we lost Ferdinand in 96.

Imagine losing three Ferdinands (Suarez / Sterling / Sturridge)
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:46 - Sep 24 with 1174 viewssimmo

Rodgers is over-rated. They never replaced Carragher, that's been the main problem IMO. Suarez is someone you can't replicate but they've got so much worse than simply losing him.

They blew their best ever chance of winning a league and I couldn't be happier.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:46 - Sep 24 with 1174 viewsElHoop

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 08:06 - Sep 24 by Northernr

Rodgers must wake up some nights in a gibbering cold sweat, having dreamed about that Chelsea game. It was his to lose, and he lost it.

It would have been a fantastic achievement, but on the day he blew it. A bit like us up at Norwich.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 09:16 - Sep 24 with 1145 viewsJamie

Brenton is a charlatan. Always was, always will be. He's also a monumental prick.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 09:18 - Sep 24 with 1142 viewsTacticalR

Didn't John Henry abandon the idea of Liverpool as a top four club when he abandoned the idea of building a new stadium? In my opinion what is needed to unite the fans, the management and the owners is a 'Glad to be Eighth' campaign, along the lines of Wenger's 'Fourth is a trophy' campaign. Say it loud and say it proud.

Air hostess clique

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 10:15 - Sep 24 with 1105 viewsJuzzie

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 00:47 - Sep 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Something Briatore couldn't grasp.
Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 10:22 - Sep 24 with 1099 viewsTacticalR

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 10:15 - Sep 24 by Juzzie

Something Briatore couldn't grasp.

It's hard to grasp your own ineptitude. Much better to blame everybody else while you wait for somebody to come along to flog the club to.

Air hostess clique

Manager Responsibility For Form (The Brendan Rogers Conundrum) on 11:09 - Sep 25 with 936 viewsTacticalR

'Liverpool over the past three seasons have had the fifth highest average wage bill in the league. Their average position in that time is fifth.'

The correlation between wages and league position is well known, so Liverpool are where they ought to be.

Brendan Rodgers running out of time as air of resignation engulfs Liverpool
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/24/brendan-rodgers-liverpool

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024