Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird One...... 15:19 - Sep 24 with 1656 viewssuperhoopdownunder

My family were brought up in Acton between early seventies to late nineties living in the same house. After both my parents passed on the 4 of us siblings all went our separate ways - 3 of us ended up in Australia - 1 in Perth, 1 in Sydney and 1 in Melbourne and 1 remained in London.
My brother is currently working off shore Western Australia on a site working with 8,000 others.
Today he changed teams - joined a new team of 80 people and ended up chatting to an Aussie who also lived in London in the late 90's and after my family moved on and ended living in the same house for 2 years after my family moved out.
Long odds I think....

I'll ask my brother to make sure he is a QPR fan!!!!
Weird One...... on 15:29 - Sep 24 with 1612 viewskingsburyR

You sure you weren't chatting to your brother after a few schooners?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Weird One...... on 15:34 - Sep 24 with 1597 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Fair call - but Sober as (I know makes a change)
He was freaked out by the story because he initially did not think it was the same house as the guy said number 46 not 48 - but when he checked with his friend who lived with him it was 48 (same as my family home)
Weird One...... on 15:37 - Sep 24 with 1591 viewsWilloW4

Great text super... I went to school in acton (late 70s.. One of a few)...30 years later, I'm sitting in a bar near bondi beach with my then wife and toddler son whose resplendent in his R's shirt, this big fat bald bloke comes over and starts talking about the R's..after a minute we shake hands introducing everyone... Turns out we were class mates in Acton,( I went out with his sister (awkward moment for the wife).. We would never have recognised each other if my boy wasn't wearing a QPR shirt... After much pis staking of his Aussie accent we had a great time and are still in touch... Sometimes it really is a small world.
Weird One...... on 15:41 - Sep 24 with 1578 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Agree small world - Rangers fans and old school mates everywhere - my brother was struggling to deal with info today though
Weird One...... on 15:50 - Sep 24 with 1554 viewsWilloW4

Weird One...... on 15:41 - Sep 24 by superhoopdownunder

Agree small world - Rangers fans and old school mates everywhere - my brother was struggling to deal with info today though

I bet he was.. It's not everyday something that spooky happens... Hope he gets his head around it.
Weird One...... on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 1482 viewshopphoops

My brother was offered a towel in a hotel in Burundi that our family had given to a charity shop in Sussex about 20 years before.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Weird One...... on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 1474 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It's a small world for sure
Weird One...... on 18:37 - Sep 24 with 1353 viewsFredManRave

Weird One...... on 16:25 - Sep 24 by hopphoops

My brother was offered a towel in a hotel in Burundi that our family had given to a charity shop in Sussex about 20 years before.

So....many....questions.....!!!

That's random post of the day sorted though.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Weird One...... on 18:41 - Sep 24 with 1344 viewsWilloW4

Weird One...... on 18:37 - Sep 24 by FredManRave

So....many....questions.....!!!

That's random post of the day sorted though.

Agreed Fred, quietly intrigued... How did you know?
Weird One...... on 22:12 - Sep 24 with 1126 viewshopphoops

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Weird One...... on 22:53 - Sep 24 with 1070 viewsA40Bosh

Two of my old work colleagues met at work in Hammersmith. She was from Llanelli and he was a white Zimbabwean. When they got engaged his parents came over for a visit to London and they met each other's families for the first time with her family who came up from Wales for the weekend. Turns out that his dad and her mum were in the same infant class at the same tiny village in Wales before his family emigrated to Zimbabwe.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Weird One...... on 23:46 - Sep 24 with 1019 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not quite in this league, but I was on a narrow boat in Little Venice as part of a works do some years back when I was recognised by a girl walking by on the tow path. I'd known her pretty well a few years before but lost contact when she went travelling round the world. Turned out she was in London for a few hours waiting for her connecting flight to Dublin, as she was taking her boyfriend from Easter Island (where she now lived) back to see the folks in Tipperary.

I later heard heard via her sister that the boyfriend had gone down like a cup of cold sick back in Tipperary, especially as he hadn't worked out not to pee in the street. Her family were Church of Ireland and the sister said the one good thing out of it was that after that any bloke she brought home was bound to look good, hence there was no family objection to her marrying a catholic, which was handy as just about every other protestant for 100 miles around was some sort of a cousin.
Weird One...... on 00:03 - Sep 25 with 1006 viewsbacardiinbrissie

19 years ago, i had been living in Bondi for 3 years. that summer i went home and played for the Litten (Greenford) footy team for a few games.
So, i went to look for an old school friend in the Bondi Hotel that i hadnt seen for about 10 years or so. She wasnt there but as i walked out of the main entrance i heard "oi what are you doing here"? A i turned around, there was the whole Litten team standing at the entrance to the bar.....(Andy Frane included)
I stopped and chatted for bit and just as i was about to leave, in walked my old school friend. 2 minutes earlier and I'd have missed her.
We're still in touch even though she lives in Port Stephens.

Small world eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024