Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Performance based contracts 12:35 - Nov 8 with 1015 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Just chatting to my brother in Perth and we were trying to work out how much Ramsey would have been on a year
I think Redknapp was on 4 million per year
How much for Chris? 250k?

We certainly know how to throw money away

How about ongoing all contracts are performance based - so if Warnock for example takes over as manager he gets a base of say 250k and a bonus of a million for promotion

All players should be the same

I believe footballers are vastly overpaid these days and this has ruined the game
How many players truly put in 100% each week?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 12:39]
Performance based contracts on 12:41 - Nov 8 with 995 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not sure what you do for a living, but would you choose a PRP contract if stable ones were available elsewhere?
Performance based contracts on 14:13 - Nov 8 with 946 viewsMatch82

We hear "3 year contract" but nobody knows the clauses .

Perhaps there was one which doubled his money if we got promoted? Perhaps there was one which allowed us to cancel it after a year if we weren't satisfied? Who knows
Performance based contracts on 14:52 - Nov 8 with 913 viewsClive_Anderson

Performance based contracts on 12:41 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not sure what you do for a living, but would you choose a PRP contract if stable ones were available elsewhere?

If I saw the job as a big step up and great opportunity then yes.

If I couldn't give a stuff about the job and was only there to get as much money for the least amount of work then no.
Performance based contracts on 14:56 - Nov 8 with 903 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Performance based contracts on 14:52 - Nov 8 by Clive_Anderson

If I saw the job as a big step up and great opportunity then yes.

If I couldn't give a stuff about the job and was only there to get as much money for the least amount of work then no.

Yes so would I, but what shithouse would you need to be working in to think QPR was a great opportunity?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 14:58]
Performance based contracts on 15:00 - Nov 8 with 893 viewsClive_Anderson

Performance based contracts on 14:56 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes so would I, but what shithouse would you need to be working in to think QPR was a great opportunity?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 14:58]

FFS we're not that bad. There's loads of footballers that would jump at the chance of playing for us.

Or we could just give up I suppose.
Performance based contracts on 15:23 - Nov 8 with 867 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Performance based contracts on 15:00 - Nov 8 by Clive_Anderson

FFS we're not that bad. There's loads of footballers that would jump at the chance of playing for us.

Or we could just give up I suppose.

We are that bad.

If you are a young hungry player from League 1 or 2 joining QPR would be very risky.

1) Average to poor facilitates for the division. Why would you leave teams like Burton who have great facilities for example.
2) High turnover of managers and coaches (and players for that matter). You could be flavour of the month Monday for John Manager and then fvcked off out of it for Bob Manager on Tuesday.
3) Preference for older pros. See YSY, Harriman, Furlong, Doughty blah blah blah

Then when you get yourself established and overcome all the obstacles above, you have reptiles spitting pie crust at you and calling you a caaaahhhnt when you hit a poor patch of form because they want success now because some airline owning dickhead said so on Twitter.

Who since Rowland has really made that progression you're talking about? Luango could be one, but he got fvcked out of it yesterday for no reason I can see. Probably because he never stuffed the envelope like a good boy.

Yeah it's depressing, but thems the facts.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 15:24]
Performance based contracts on 18:41 - Nov 8 with 748 viewsClive_Anderson

"1) Average to poor facilitates for the division. Why would you leave teams like Burton who have great facilities for example. "

Yes we're a far bigger club. Would anyone consider leaving us for Burton? Nope.

"High turnover of managers and coaches (and players for that matter)."

Like 90% of football clubs.

"Preference for older pros. See YSY, Harriman, Furlong, Doughty blah blah blah "

Well yes Ramsey completely failed here. Hence the change in management.

And Rangers fans are nowhere near as bad as you're making out. Other clubs are far worse. The supporters were very patient with Hughes and Redknapp until right at the end and Barton got support despite acting like a complete nob.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 18:43]
Performance based contracts on 18:55 - Nov 8 with 727 viewsexiled_dictator

'arry was on 3mill a year, with a 1 mill bonus if he kept us up, which he didn't.
this was reduced when he managed us in the championship, but i don't know how much to.
ramsey was on 350k when he took over from harry, but it was increased to 550k when he was appointed on a perm basis. i understand that he is also due some money having been sacked from a job he was clearly never upto the task for.

i would be happy to pay good money to a manager/coach that moved us significantly in the right direction from the ground up. but just paying good money for a man to just go through the motion for a short time, almost waiting to get sacked knowing he will still earn good money, is just crazy.

for this reason, i think that appointing tim sherwood would be total madness.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

Performance based contracts on 19:10 - Nov 8 with 713 viewsbosh67

To be honest if our players and staff were on performance based contracts a lot of them would starve to death.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Performance based contracts on 19:22 - Nov 8 with 695 viewsderbyhoop

Player: they want to offer me a performance based contract.

Agent: don't worry son, I'll get you another club and a better deal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Performance based contracts on 20:19 - Nov 8 with 657 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Performance based contracts on 18:41 - Nov 8 by Clive_Anderson

"1) Average to poor facilitates for the division. Why would you leave teams like Burton who have great facilities for example. "

Yes we're a far bigger club. Would anyone consider leaving us for Burton? Nope.

"High turnover of managers and coaches (and players for that matter)."

Like 90% of football clubs.

"Preference for older pros. See YSY, Harriman, Furlong, Doughty blah blah blah "

Well yes Ramsey completely failed here. Hence the change in management.

And Rangers fans are nowhere near as bad as you're making out. Other clubs are far worse. The supporters were very patient with Hughes and Redknapp until right at the end and Barton got support despite acting like a complete nob.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 18:43]

So it's 13th placed QPR and 19nd place Huddersfield for example competing for an exciting player from Burton, say.

We are arguably the bigger club, but where would the hungry young player go? The club that hasn't developed a player in a decade, or Huddersfield who have converted lower league players consistently during that period and train at modern facilities without fear of being of being replaced by a Paul Konchesky or a Rob Green?

Our only attraction is the wages we pay.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 20:27]
Performance based contracts on 21:29 - Nov 8 with 613 viewsClive_Anderson

Performance based contracts on 20:19 - Nov 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

So it's 13th placed QPR and 19nd place Huddersfield for example competing for an exciting player from Burton, say.

We are arguably the bigger club, but where would the hungry young player go? The club that hasn't developed a player in a decade, or Huddersfield who have converted lower league players consistently during that period and train at modern facilities without fear of being of being replaced by a Paul Konchesky or a Rob Green?

Our only attraction is the wages we pay.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 20:27]

Funny I could have sworn seeing Raheem Sterling playing for England. And Austin get called up to the squad.

There are plenty of players that want to play for us, pretending that there are none whatsoever is daft. There is also the type of player out there that likes the idea of getting paid more for doing well even if they risk getting paid less if they do badly.
Performance based contracts on 21:53 - Nov 8 with 597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Performance based contracts on 21:29 - Nov 8 by Clive_Anderson

Funny I could have sworn seeing Raheem Sterling playing for England. And Austin get called up to the squad.

There are plenty of players that want to play for us, pretending that there are none whatsoever is daft. There is also the type of player out there that likes the idea of getting paid more for doing well even if they risk getting paid less if they do badly.

Both of those aren't really examples of hungry young players are they? Sterling never developed here he developed at Liverpool when he left at 16. Austin was 24 when he came and i'd consider him the exception that proves the rule anyway.

Even then that's two players in ten years or so.

Of course players want to come here, but we aren't an attractive option for a lot of young players that want to develop their careers that's all i'm saying.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 21:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024