Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's podcast 18:26 - Nov 22 with 1347 viewsNorthernr

Fair warning, it's got me rambling on this week

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/44340
This week's podcast on 07:24 - Nov 23 with 1232 viewsRoller

Best one ever, although I'm not sure that everyone in the studio picked up on the irony in my comment.
This week's podcast on 08:12 - Nov 23 with 1205 viewsPunteR

Its a good one. Everyone on form.
Pretty shocking behaviour of so called fans on Twitter. Just bizarre.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This week's podcast on 08:25 - Nov 23 with 1190 viewsShotKneesHoop

Even funnier listening to it twice, as some of the comments get lost in the giggling the first time.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

This week's podcast on 08:47 - Nov 23 with 1156 viewsichbinnaughty

T'was a good 'un.
And no one ended up answering the question of "where do we need to be in 12 months or 18 months for Ollie to be granted an extended contract?"

For me, I felt that last season's objectives were to:
- cut our cloth accordingly following relegation (wherever possible)
- consolidate in the championship

This season's objectives should be:
- further "re-appropriate" the playing squad
- blood some youth into the first team squad
- be competitive
- Finish in the top 10

Leaving next season's objectives (bearing in mind it's the last season of parachute payments):
- Play-offs
- Develop an identity and 'several ways' of playing games (a QPR approach)
- Further develop our squad (with us accepting any big offers for players, should they be made - and be too good to turn down) - eg: if someone offered, say, £8m for Chery - we take it.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 8:48]
This week's podcast on 08:57 - Nov 23 with 1143 viewsPunteR

Ollie needs us to be in the prem in 18 months time.
In fact this time next season we need to be sitting pretty in the playoffs for TF's itchy trigger fingers to be kept in his pocket. Imo.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This week's podcast on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 1039 viewshoof_hearted

Objective:
Now: Play decent football to the best of the ability of the available players.
Next year: Same again but having improved the available players through training and good acquisitions. Repeat ad nauseam.
This week's podcast on 11:45 - Nov 23 with 1026 viewsdaveB

The comments on twitter and Facebook are a symptom of the world we live in. I've seen plenty on Ferdinand in the last few weeks, most of them racist a lot of them wishing death on him. If you want to depress yourself look at the facebook comments after they published an article on Ferdinand doing a cycle for prostate cancer, you can probably guess most of it and if only it was teenagers doing it with no braincells, it's mostly men in 40's and 50's who you'd hope would know better.

I'm a big fan of Danny Baker, love his radio shows and read the sad story the other day of his mum having dementia as well as his battle with cancer. The comments below the article were along the lines of wishing he had died, his mum is faking it so she doesn't have to speak to him and they were the mild ones.

I see similar mad anger at everything on social media, wishing death and sickness on people over the John Lewis commercial, Honey G and when it comes to football the comments on any story are unbelievable. Paddy Power do a funny video every week highlighting some of the mad comments people make but it's all quite scary.
This week's podcast on 14:53 - Nov 23 with 917 viewshoof_hearted

This week's podcast on 07:24 - Nov 23 by Roller

Best one ever, although I'm not sure that everyone in the studio picked up on the irony in my comment.

Ha ha! Bet you couldn't wait to log on this morning and see who'd noticed
Login to get fewer ads

This week's podcast on 18:18 - Nov 23 with 835 viewsJigsore

This week's podcast on 11:45 - Nov 23 by daveB

The comments on twitter and Facebook are a symptom of the world we live in. I've seen plenty on Ferdinand in the last few weeks, most of them racist a lot of them wishing death on him. If you want to depress yourself look at the facebook comments after they published an article on Ferdinand doing a cycle for prostate cancer, you can probably guess most of it and if only it was teenagers doing it with no braincells, it's mostly men in 40's and 50's who you'd hope would know better.

I'm a big fan of Danny Baker, love his radio shows and read the sad story the other day of his mum having dementia as well as his battle with cancer. The comments below the article were along the lines of wishing he had died, his mum is faking it so she doesn't have to speak to him and they were the mild ones.

I see similar mad anger at everything on social media, wishing death and sickness on people over the John Lewis commercial, Honey G and when it comes to football the comments on any story are unbelievable. Paddy Power do a funny video every week highlighting some of the mad comments people make but it's all quite scary.

in the interests of balance Danny Baker is a massive gobshite who, while stopping short of wishing cancer on people, his twitter is a spittle flecked descent into insanity. Just check out his feed during the Euros demanding Raheem Sterling be hug drawn and quatered

not that he deserves it. but probably not the best example.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

This week's podcast on 20:45 - Nov 23 with 750 viewsrsonist

Glad to hear Norf's comments.

I was thinking about Robith's thread recently about Saturday being the damning indictment of JFH, and how it was never really just about whether JFH was the man for the job or not - it was also a carrier argument about what sort of club we are, what sort of club we want to be, and how we behave as a group as supporters. Ollie's often been spoken of as the unifying candidate - what we should really be reflecting on is how we became so split to begin with that only this ultimate populist nuke could have pulled us back together.
This week's podcast on 20:55 - Nov 23 with 743 viewsRoller

This week's podcast on 14:53 - Nov 23 by hoof_hearted

Ha ha! Bet you couldn't wait to log on this morning and see who'd noticed

It did cross my mind, but I don't post anything like regularly enough for anyone to pay undue attention.

Actually, when I was tipped of by a mate, I could even work out what I'd said that was worth repeating!
This week's podcast on 01:33 - Nov 24 with 677 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This week's podcast on 20:45 - Nov 23 by rsonist

Glad to hear Norf's comments.

I was thinking about Robith's thread recently about Saturday being the damning indictment of JFH, and how it was never really just about whether JFH was the man for the job or not - it was also a carrier argument about what sort of club we are, what sort of club we want to be, and how we behave as a group as supporters. Ollie's often been spoken of as the unifying candidate - what we should really be reflecting on is how we became so split to begin with that only this ultimate populist nuke could have pulled us back together.

We became a split fanbase by the divisive Gianni Paladini after he took over our club in 2005 - we are only now getting our club back.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 1:36]
This week's podcast on 10:35 - Nov 24 with 570 viewsdaveB

This week's podcast on 18:18 - Nov 23 by Jigsore

in the interests of balance Danny Baker is a massive gobshite who, while stopping short of wishing cancer on people, his twitter is a spittle flecked descent into insanity. Just check out his feed during the Euros demanding Raheem Sterling be hug drawn and quatered

not that he deserves it. but probably not the best example.

why not the best example, what you think of him is irrelevant really, I like him and you don't which is fine but to wish cancer on someone and mock their mum for having a serious illness is pretty sick and this happens in every story you can find about all kinds of people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024