Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
48 team world cup 17:42 - Mar 30 with 848 viewsrunningman75

Even Scotland have a chance to qualify now ( though as my mother was born they might see if I can play for them when I get to my 50s).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39448474
48 team world cup on 18:29 - Mar 30 with 813 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not only is it a terrible idea which will just reduce the quality of the competition and put more pressure on the host countries to stretch themselves with more new stadia and infrastructure, the allocations are stupid (but vote winners and good news for Asia).

Only six places for South America, the same as North America. The seventh team in CONCACAF is Curacao. St Kitts & Nevis are eighth.
48 team world cup on 19:14 - Mar 30 with 778 viewsDWQPR

Evidently us Imperialist English have been holding the Scots back for the last 300+ years. Had they had their independence earlier then no doubt they would have romped home in '66.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

48 team world cup on 19:33 - Mar 30 with 766 viewsaston_hoop

For me it just devalues the whole thing. Plus more lesser ranked nations just invites teams playing defensive football against bigger sides like at the Euros last year, dull football and a tournament that'll drag on for ages. Whats the point? well...money I guess.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

48 team world cup on 20:32 - Mar 30 with 725 viewsTW_R

48 team world cup on 19:33 - Mar 30 by aston_hoop

For me it just devalues the whole thing. Plus more lesser ranked nations just invites teams playing defensive football against bigger sides like at the Euros last year, dull football and a tournament that'll drag on for ages. Whats the point? well...money I guess.

Don't understand the negativity. Gives England the chance to win the odd game in 2026.
48 team world cup on 10:08 - Mar 31 with 634 viewsstowmarketrange

48 team world cup on 18:29 - Mar 30 by Watford_Ranger

Not only is it a terrible idea which will just reduce the quality of the competition and put more pressure on the host countries to stretch themselves with more new stadia and infrastructure, the allocations are stupid (but vote winners and good news for Asia).

Only six places for South America, the same as North America. The seventh team in CONCACAF is Curacao. St Kitts & Nevis are eighth.

There are only 13 countries in South America and that's includes Suriname,so a 50% success rate is just about right I think.
9 Asian teams does seem a bit much though,but that is where the big money comes from I guess.
48 team world cup on 10:32 - Mar 31 with 609 viewsWatford_Ranger

48 team world cup on 10:08 - Mar 31 by stowmarketrange

There are only 13 countries in South America and that's includes Suriname,so a 50% success rate is just about right I think.
9 Asian teams does seem a bit much though,but that is where the big money comes from I guess.

It's more about ensuring the best teams are there as far as possible IMO.

Using the FIFA rankings (euch!), SA has the top two countries and the fourth, seventh and ninth. They have eight in the top 48 while Asia has two but will get 50% more spots.
48 team world cup on 10:57 - Mar 31 with 585 viewsstowmarketrange

48 team world cup on 10:32 - Mar 31 by Watford_Ranger

It's more about ensuring the best teams are there as far as possible IMO.

Using the FIFA rankings (euch!), SA has the top two countries and the fourth, seventh and ninth. They have eight in the top 48 while Asia has two but will get 50% more spots.

FIFA don't care about the best teams getting there and they haven't done for a while.That is why they gave the World Cup to countries like South Korea/Japan and Qatar.
It's all about money now with them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024