Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wheelchair Tennis 11:49 - Jul 15 with 1476 viewsNoelmc

Great to see my sport, wheelchair tennis getting excellent coverage on BBC2 this morning. It's the Men's Doubles Final with two Brits Reid & Hewitt playing the French No 1 seeds. Well worth a watch.
Wheelchair Tennis on 12:33 - Jul 15 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just caught bit of it. Good game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wheelchair Tennis on 13:09 - Jul 15 with 1431 viewsbosh67

Incredible skill and strength. Really enjoying the wheelchair tennis.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wheelchair Tennis on 13:24 - Jul 15 with 1425 viewsNoelmc

Shame about the rain. I suspect when it resumes it will be on the red button whereas the multi-camera HD coverage on BBC2 was excellent.
Wheelchair Tennis on 14:51 - Jul 15 with 1395 viewsNoelmc

Wheelchair Tennis on 13:24 - Jul 15 by Noelmc

Shame about the rain. I suspect when it resumes it will be on the red button whereas the multi-camera HD coverage on BBC2 was excellent.

Fair play to the BBC putting it back on BBC2 now that it has resumed.
Wheelchair Tennis on 18:55 - Jul 15 with 1352 viewsNorthernr

Caught some highlights this afternoon, is the main rule tweak the ball can bounce twice? Or more than twice?
Wheelchair Tennis on 20:19 - Jul 15 with 1299 viewsMedwayR

Wheelchair Tennis on 18:55 - Jul 15 by Northernr

Caught some highlights this afternoon, is the main rule tweak the ball can bounce twice? Or more than twice?

I'm no expert but I think the main rule tweak is that they have to be in wheelchairs...

Poll: Who’s better?

Wheelchair Tennis on 12:53 - Jul 16 with 1223 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watching the end of the Women's Doubles. It's exhausting, in fairness. Non-stop motion, long rallies, massive upper-body strength required. Impressive sport.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wheelchair Tennis on 22:02 - Jul 16 with 1158 viewsNoelmc

Wheelchair Tennis on 18:55 - Jul 15 by Northernr

You lose the point if you let the ball bounce more than twice. However many shots are played off one bounce or on the volley.
Login to get fewer ads

Wheelchair Tennis on 10:32 - Jul 18 with 1091 viewsMrNITK

Brilliant sport. Amazing the amount of power they get from their serve, especially in a seating position.

Great to see Gordon Reid win he's a nice bloke as well. Long story short but my brother in law is a wheelchair tennis player, he won gold in Beijing. He's French and knows the mayor of Paris and sorted out complementary tickets for the winner of England's group at euro 2016. He was going to come along with us but there was a tennis tournament going on and he reached the final so couldn't make it so Gordon Reid came along instead.

Afternoon spent drinking free champagne. Typical England let us down and spent it watching Wales N Ireland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024