Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Internet Package Thingy 09:25 - Aug 2 with 9370 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Based on the pre-season friendly package, I'd be interested to hear what folks think about it.

Alas, due to these infernal 3pm and 5pm kick offs favoured outside the Prem, midweek games and the likes, I am already going to miss a lot. Throw in less than reliable Myanmar internet connection, electrical supply and guerilla insurgencies, I might miss some more.

Plus, did I read that Tony Incenzo is the commentator? If so, poke it, no way I am getting up at 1:15am to listen to that bloke yawn on.

These issues aside, what did folks think?

In advance, cheers.

Rangoon Rs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 06:14 - Aug 3 with 4982 viewsHanoi_r2017

I signed up for it John, I've been really impressed with the quality to be honest.

I know Tony Incenzo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but generally, the commentary has been ok.

The feed has been crystal clear and I won't have to resort to watching postage stamp-sized laggy streams anymore on websites so virus-laden that they leave my skin crawling, so that's good.

Given Vietnam's internet speeds I've been very impressed. Definitely worth it.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 4871 viewsqueensparker

Will it work with a VPN from the UK, does anyone know? Or do you need a foreign address to buy it?

With two new tiny kids I'm going to be missing games left right and centre this season...
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 4852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think, I hope, that Incenzo was just for the pre-season?

Unless someone comes up with a way of accessing these games from Ireland, I'm scoobied.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 11:01 - Aug 3 with 4845 viewsolderR

According to the blurb on the offish there will be "Expert commentary from FIFA and Sky Sports commentator Nick London" who is an R's fan.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 11:01 - Aug 3 with 4843 viewsStevenageRanger

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 10:45 - Aug 3 by queensparker

Will it work with a VPN from the UK, does anyone know? Or do you need a foreign address to buy it?

With two new tiny kids I'm going to be missing games left right and centre this season...

Would be good to know if the VPN works.

I purchased a BEIN sports account for our away games when in the Prem.

Didnt need an address for that.

I think you have to set up a membership and they will ask for address.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 4771 viewsBklynRanger

17 years in America listening to audio and they bring this out as soon as I decide to leave.

Would be good if they start to offer it on a per game basis - say £3.99 for a random away game you fancy.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 13:03 - Aug 3 with 4716 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Encouraging comments from OlderR and HanoiR then.

The latter of the sagely duo, I've emailed for we could entertain the idea of a bar with top-top internet connection and smartphones in October!

'kin ave it Rangers!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 13:36 - Aug 3 with 4677 viewsqueensparker

Hm, my auntie in America might discover a new-found love for QPR that has hitherto been absent, if this VPN thing doesn't work.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 14:24 - Aug 3 with 4623 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 13:36 - Aug 3 by queensparker

Hm, my auntie in America might discover a new-found love for QPR that has hitherto been absent, if this VPN thing doesn't work.

Nice woman. If the VPN doesn't work, you could be my new nephew!

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 15:19 - Aug 3 with 4573 viewsBklynRanger

I was assuming they'll be looking for a non UK/Ireland bank account for the payment, and then the VPN would just be for the actual streaming. So the VPN wouldn't make a difference at the point of billing. No? I could be misreading your posts.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 15:56 - Aug 3 with 4547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 15:19 - Aug 3 by BklynRanger

I was assuming they'll be looking for a non UK/Ireland bank account for the payment, and then the VPN would just be for the actual streaming. So the VPN wouldn't make a difference at the point of billing. No? I could be misreading your posts.

That's what I'm hoping as well.

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 19:56 - Aug 3 with 4445 viewsVancouverHoop

OK they've taken my money. Not sure what happens next. Do you get sent a link or code to the match or what?
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 11:47 - Aug 4 with 4312 viewsStevenageRanger

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 19:56 - Aug 3 by VancouverHoop

OK they've taken my money. Not sure what happens next. Do you get sent a link or code to the match or what?

Did they ask for an address when setting up?
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 11:53 - Aug 4 with 4301 viewsDieByYourSide

Here's hoping a philanthropic, techy soul will set up a nice public stream for away games

Poll: And it's hi ho

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 13:54 - Aug 4 with 4244 viewsHulaHoop

Following
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 15:09 - Aug 4 with 4211 viewsVancouverHoop

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 11:47 - Aug 4 by StevenageRanger

Did they ask for an address when setting up?

Yes
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 04:17 - Aug 5 with 4100 viewsAussieRs

I am thinking about doing this. But do they only show the matches live or are full replays also available? Anybody know?

Thanks

AussieRs
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 07:02 - Aug 5 with 4059 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 04:17 - Aug 5 by AussieRs

I am thinking about doing this. But do they only show the matches live or are full replays also available? Anybody know?

Thanks

AussieRs

Oohhhhh, a peach of a question!

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 19:20 - Aug 5 with 3934 viewsVancouverHoop

Only live streams. That's one of the downsides, depending on where you live. For me it's not too bad. 3:00pm ko's mean 7:00am here which aren't a problem. It's the early ones I'll miss. Unless it's a crucial match I just can't see getting up at 4:30 in the morning.

I'm giving it this season to see how many games I manage to watch for £115. I missed today's, for example, mainly because I didn't sign up until last Thursday, partly because – at least for me – the activation process hasn't been straightforward. Mind you, I have to say, support from the digital marketing dept. is prompt.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 3895 viewsdubaistu

Amazing what a shock win does for you, will jump on this now.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 04:26 - Aug 6 with 3786 viewsDylanP

The service itself worked very well for me int he US.

Im not a fan of the new website which seems to be missing a lot of key information.

But the stream worked perfectly and is a bargain at the price it is. I am going to enjoy watching each week. It isn't perfect ( I think it wont be streaming televised games) but at the price, i is well worth the money.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 06:07 - Aug 6 with 3764 viewsitsbiga

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 04:26 - Aug 6 by DylanP

Im not a fan of the new website which seems to be missing a lot of key information.

But the stream worked perfectly and is a bargain at the price it is. I am going to enjoy watching each week. It isn't perfect ( I think it wont be streaming televised games) but at the price, i is well worth the money.

I paid a sky diver for the Reading stream and it was flawless. Best I've ever had here in the US.
Will pay for the season pass now I've tried it out.
Btw you can login on a single account on several computers. I had 3 running today for the Reading game. One in the front room, one in the kitchen and one in the carsey.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 08:35 - Aug 6 with 3717 viewsAussieRs

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 19:20 - Aug 5 by VancouverHoop

Only live streams. That's one of the downsides, depending on where you live. For me it's not too bad. 3:00pm ko's mean 7:00am here which aren't a problem. It's the early ones I'll miss. Unless it's a crucial match I just can't see getting up at 4:30 in the morning.

I'm giving it this season to see how many games I manage to watch for £115. I missed today's, for example, mainly because I didn't sign up until last Thursday, partly because – at least for me – the activation process hasn't been straightforward. Mind you, I have to say, support from the digital marketing dept. is prompt.

Thanks V-hoop.

The system worked well this morning. 2am finish here in Oz but delighted with the way we played.

Pity about the replay issue as summer time in Oz means 3pm London is 2am here. Tough. Oh well.

Aussie Rs
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 3622 viewsVancouverHoop

QPR Internet Package Thingy on 04:26 - Aug 6 by DylanP

You're right about the missing info. I may be particularly dense, but even though I'm registered and my account's activated it's still not clear to me where I go to find the stream.
QPR Internet Package Thingy on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 3616 viewsBrightonhoop

Is it any good? All I've heard is complaints about them not working so it's put me off so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024