Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla? 09:26 - Sep 27 with 1974 viewsrunningman75

Was he injured last night? As someone who knows where the goal is it is strange he cannot get into a matchday squad.
Sylla? on 09:32 - Sep 27 with 1957 viewsbosh67

Someone said he got a similar virus to Luongo.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla? on 09:38 - Sep 27 with 1944 viewsonlyrinmoray

From what Ive seen of our forwards Smith Sylla Washington and Mackie and Yeni (what is he ?) they are not going to to score many goals This to me was apparent in the summer but we kept signing wingers Even later on we signed Bright Wheeler and Lua Lua So its going to be another season of struggle, too late to get anyone decent now

On the train yesterday I got speaking to a Linfield supporter he was full of praise for Smyth the young guy we signed, maybe he should be brought in sooner rather than later to replace one of our "second " strikers
Sylla? on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 1924 viewsdaveB

Holloway said yesterday Smith and Sylla were both doubts for the game
Sylla? on 09:49 - Sep 27 with 1909 viewsNorthernr

Sylla? on 09:38 - Sep 27 by onlyrinmoray

From what Ive seen of our forwards Smith Sylla Washington and Mackie and Yeni (what is he ?) they are not going to to score many goals This to me was apparent in the summer but we kept signing wingers Even later on we signed Bright Wheeler and Lua Lua So its going to be another season of struggle, too late to get anyone decent now

On the train yesterday I got speaking to a Linfield supporter he was full of praise for Smyth the young guy we signed, maybe he should be brought in sooner rather than later to replace one of our "second " strikers

We're not deliberately not signing strikers, we can't afford them in the current market. Aston Villa paid £12m out for strikers three times over last season. We tried to get Winnall from Sheff Wed, they wanted £8m!
Sylla? on 09:54 - Sep 27 with 1888 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Didn't Wheeler play as striker last season?
Sylla? on 10:08 - Sep 27 with 1851 viewsonlyrinmoray

Sylla? on 09:54 - Sep 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Didn't Wheeler play as striker last season?

On his wiki page hes described as a right winger (another Karl H ! ) I realise like Norf says we haven't the money anymore and if its true Winnall for £8million is stupid. However who sets the targets for the Gary Penrice scouting team, surely strikers should be top of the list I assume they look to Europe and the Conference as well as the lower leagues
Sylla? on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 1824 viewssimmo

Sylla? on 10:08 - Sep 27 by onlyrinmoray

On his wiki page hes described as a right winger (another Karl H ! ) I realise like Norf says we haven't the money anymore and if its true Winnall for £8million is stupid. However who sets the targets for the Gary Penrice scouting team, surely strikers should be top of the list I assume they look to Europe and the Conference as well as the lower leagues

It doesn't work like that though does it, you can't just give a remit to a scouting team to find better than what we have for little to no money with the right characterstics and expect them to pluck someone from obscurity.

We either need to get everything we can out of our existing strikers whilst improving them, or take punts of people like Smyth and hope he can develop into a 1st team player and/or a sellable asset to fund other signing.

Wheeler and Osayi-Samuel were both relatively cheap, but there's no way we could use the money we paid for them to get better strikers than we have, so we've paid to try and get more out of the likes of Smith, Sylla, etc by getting them better service and strenghtening the midfield to share the goals around.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sylla? on 10:27 - Sep 27 with 1768 viewssmegma

We can only get the best out of Smith and Sylla if they are chosen. I think Mackie has been poor this season but has been selected the most of our forwards.
Login to get fewer ads

Sylla? on 10:59 - Sep 27 with 1673 viewssimmo

Sylla? on 10:27 - Sep 27 by smegma

We can only get the best out of Smith and Sylla if they are chosen. I think Mackie has been poor this season but has been selected the most of our forwards.

3 goals so far and he presses better than anyone. He's also better at Washington at making the ball stick. Personally I would like to see him paired with Sylla - Mackie mainly to do the doggies and Sylla to actually score when chances come his way or get on the end of crosses.

We can't just pick a team of people that press well, especially as due to the amount of games and injuries we're not even doing that very well recently.

Sylla? on 11:47 - Sep 27 with 1582 viewsfrancisbowles

We got Sylla from abroad!

Very few forward players from abroad will be ready to come and press they way we want them to. British players more likely to be used to doing lots of running and chasing.

So you take a punt and try and develop them as with Sylla.
Sylla? on 12:02 - Sep 27 with 1544 viewsdaveB

Sylla? on 10:08 - Sep 27 by onlyrinmoray

Holloway will set the targets, I'm sure he wanted new strikers but can't always get them
Sylla? on 12:04 - Sep 27 with 1535 viewssmegma

Sylla? on 10:59 - Sep 27 by simmo

3 goals so far and he presses better than anyone. He's also better at Washington at making the ball stick. Personally I would like to see him paired with Sylla - Mackie mainly to do the doggies and Sylla to actually score when chances come his way or get on the end of crosses.

We can't just pick a team of people that press well, especially as due to the amount of games and injuries we're not even doing that very well recently.

Id like to see something other than Mackie and Washington chosen literally every game. And playing Mackie on his own is nonsense. He has done nothing of note in the last 3 games, two of those with Washington.And playing with 3 or 4 forwards in the last 20 minutes surely says the starting XI was wrong? How about Smith and Washington to start? As you say, Smith and Sylla? No it's either Washington and Mackie or just Mackie....
Sylla? on 12:07 - Sep 27 with 1527 viewsTacticalR

Sylla? on 09:32 - Sep 27 by bosh67

Someone said he got a similar virus to Luongo.

Is that the Lurgy?

Air hostess clique

Sylla? on 12:17 - Sep 27 with 1500 viewssimmo

Sylla? on 12:04 - Sep 27 by smegma

Id like to see something other than Mackie and Washington chosen literally every game. And playing Mackie on his own is nonsense. He has done nothing of note in the last 3 games, two of those with Washington.And playing with 3 or 4 forwards in the last 20 minutes surely says the starting XI was wrong? How about Smith and Washington to start? As you say, Smith and Sylla? No it's either Washington and Mackie or just Mackie....

I'm agreeing with you, mostly, but definitely not that Mackie has been poor, he's not a brilliant striker but he's been better than Washington. He does the pressing better, hold up and lays the ball better and he's scored more.

Smith/Wash showed glimpses last season but overall I don't think Washington is good enough positionally or has enough awareness to play off a target man - he's on his heels and AGAIN last night he was actually standing in an area for a corner, only for him to then not be there once the flick on was won. I'd take Mackie and Sylla if it was me, but who knows with Ollie atm.

Sylla? on 17:37 - Sep 27 with 1251 viewsVancouverHoop

I was curious why Washington was the first sub last night. I'd have expected Smith (assuming Sylla was under the weather.) We've got players who can put a cross into the box – Pav, Freeman, Baptiste – but rarely anyone to get on the end of them. I know it's not fancy but, especially at this level, it works.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024