Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] 20:50 - Nov 20 with 3249 viewsMonahoop

Just learnt today of the passing of founder member and synth player Dik Mik [ Micheal Davies] of space and psychedelic rockers Hawkwind on 16th Dec at the age of 73. I know from past music threads there are some fans on here of this chaotic, but interesting band. There's a great story about him bringing in Lemmy to the band in 1972 because he needed an 'acid buddy'. Well he got one there! Dik Mik quit the band in '73. Enjoy the eternal space ride man. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 21:56 - Nov 20 with 3224 viewsted_hendrix

I was about 21 or 22 Years old the Missus a couple of Years younger when we went to see Hawkwind at the Top Rank Reading, she was wearing a kaftan and I had hair down to me shoulders.
Hawkwind walked onto the stage and all the band members handed out lit joints to us members of the audience, from that moment on It was a gig of full on in your face and ears brilliance, the moment the intro to 'Silver Machine' started the whole goddam audience and the band left the fcking planet and took off for a trip around the universe.
Nobody cared in them days, the music was good.

Trip City.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 22:10 - Nov 20 with 3208 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Mik
You know your only dreaming
RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 23:55 - Nov 20 with 3179 viewstimcocking

Lemmy taking so many drugs, Hawkwind had to kick him out. So that must have been a significant quantity.
RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 3125 viewsTheBlob

Great shame.Those Stoner Circuit days were cracking,us (Clark Hutchinson),Hawkwind and the Pink Fairies,midnight to 6.Everyone out of their boxes.Terrific bunch of lads.You'll never see the like again.
R.I.P. son.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 02:56 - Nov 22 with 3061 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 08:08 - Nov 22 with 3032 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sorry to hear this, though I suppose not many people would lay money on members of Hawkwind making it into their 70s. DikMik was an original and there aren't so many of them in music.
We were born to go,
We're never turning back
We were born to go,
and leave a burning track
We were born to go,
and leave no star unturned
We were born to grow,
We were born to learn
We're breaking out of the shell,
We're breaking free
We're hatching our dreams into reality
We were born to blaze,
a new clear way through space
A way out of the maze,
that held the human race
We were born to go,
as far as we can fly
We were born to go,
to blow the human mind
RIP Dik Mik [Hawkwind] on 08:13 - Nov 22 with 3031 viewssmegma

First band I saw live aged 10 on Portobello Green. A free gig under the Westway before any shop units had been built, it was more or less a bomb site. I've no idea how they powered the instruments but it was my first experience of funny smelling cigarettes. Saw them at the Astoria just before it closed down about ten years and they were so boring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024