Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player of the Year 13:59 - Apr 11 with 1617 viewsfinnranger

I know we won't be holding a glitzy party for this anytime soon, but it's refreshing to be able to put some thought into it.

I'm guessing player of the year nominees are going to be Freeman, Luongo, Smith and Smithies.
I'd go for Freeman as he's topped the assists chart in a struggling team and can't imagine where we'd be in the table without his contribution.

Young player of the year will be very interesting and appears much harder to call. Obviously a toss up between Smyth and Eze, it could deservedly go either way. Both on two goals but I think Smyth just edges it after his debut goal for the senior Northern Ireland team.

Goal of the season is one with slimmer pickings, the only noticeable strikes I can recall are Scowen's winner at home to Barnsley and Freeman's blistering effort in the reverse fixture at Oakwell.
Player of the Year on 14:00 - Apr 11 with 1610 viewsNorthernr

Freeman, Scowen, Robinson for me I think, although Simmo is running a campaign over the breakfast table for Scowen.
Player of the Year on 14:09 - Apr 11 with 1580 viewstimcocking

It's just great that a genuine case could be made for half our team.

Freeman
Robinson
Scowen
Player of the Year on 14:10 - Apr 11 with 1576 views1MoreBrightonR

Freeman
Luongo
Smithies
and cant decide on what order!
Player of the Year on 14:10 - Apr 11 with 1574 viewsGuppy22

Freeman for me but closely followed by Smithies, there isn't a goalkeeper in the Championship in his class
Player of the Year on 14:23 - Apr 11 with 1541 viewsMatch82

Honestly can't remember the last time there were this many legit candidates. Luongo, Onuoha, Freeman for me. But wouldn't be shocked to see Smithies or Scowen get the nod either.

Young player probably Furlong, just due to the relatively low number of first team games Eze, Smyth and BOS have played.
Player of the Year on 14:30 - Apr 11 with 1522 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'd be quite sad if Smithies won it. Not because he isn't class, which he is, it's just that we have players who definitely have contributed more, such as that midfield three who carried us, and even though Smithies has saved us on many occasions, we still have only a few clean sheets, only one away from home, and I think it just makes our team look bad if a goalie with such few clean sheets gets the nod, again. Hopefully those who read this don't think this is Smithies bashing, more praising our other players.

I'd go
Freeman
Scowen
Robinson

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024