Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players in incorrect positions. 16:39 - Sep 28 with 1667 viewsrunningman75

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/28/do-released-by-qpr-red-hot-attacker-has-sc

This article made me think about QPR fans having a go at players when not playing well. El-Khayati I thought seemed to be pushed onto the wing and we have had other players played out of position. Eze currently being used on the wing. Looking at the decline in form of Scowen as well wondering whether this is due to the current system.

We cannot play every player in their preferred position especially as formations will change. Our best season recently was with Taarabt in a free role though the club has to have the luxury of only having 9 outfield players defending. Would like to see Eze in a similar role but we are in a fixed 4-4-2 system currently.
Players in incorrect positions. on 20:32 - Sep 28 with 1540 viewsozexile

I personally would as per every coaching course I've attended. Set my formation and put the players into that formation. For example in a 4-3-3 you have a number 10. I'd start with Eze. Then I'd have Cameron and Luongo behind. If that means freeman and scowen miss out then so be it. We can't keep everyone happy. This is how you create competition for places. Rather than our present situation where certain players know they will play even if it's out of position.
Players in incorrect positions. on 21:32 - Sep 28 with 1479 viewsbosh67

I still think we should either play Jude in goal or as an impact striker.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players in incorrect positions. on 23:13 - Sep 28 with 1401 viewsLoftgirl

Players in incorrect positions. on 21:32 - Sep 28 by bosh67

I still think we should either play Jude in goal or as an impact striker.

There's only one Peter Bonetti.
Players in incorrect positions. on 23:19 - Sep 28 with 1391 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Totally agree.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Players in incorrect positions. on 01:49 - Sep 29 with 1339 viewstimcocking

Players in incorrect positions. on 20:32 - Sep 28 by ozexile

I personally would as per every coaching course I've attended. Set my formation and put the players into that formation. For example in a 4-3-3 you have a number 10. I'd start with Eze. Then I'd have Cameron and Luongo behind. If that means freeman and scowen miss out then so be it. We can't keep everyone happy. This is how you create competition for places. Rather than our present situation where certain players know they will play even if it's out of position.

Pardon me, but you should not pick your formation first. Not initially.

A new manager will come in with an idea of the formation they want to implement moving forward, but just to do it straight away is not necessarily the correct approach, not if you don't have the squad for it. It's the manager's job to construct the best possible team out of the players at his disposal. You pick the formation depending on your players. Any coach telling you otherwise is dead wrong about that, that's probably why they aren't managing. You don't play a back three without suitable wingbacks for example (unless you're QPR). Or insisting your defenders play out from the back if they aren't comfortable on the ball (QPR) is a catastrophic mistake (that's tactics rather than formation, but same sh!t).

This comes over time, whereby the manager can establish his preferred formation and bring in the appropriate personnel to suit. That is why you need to give all managers time, at the very least a year. Judging them after a month or two, when they have yet to have the time to implement their formation and obtain appropriate personnel for it, is silly, it doesn't prove they've failed if early results are poor.

That's one of the myriad problems with modern football. The managers' doing anything to maximise their chances of picking up points on a short term basis, because developing a club for the long term is most likely going to get them sacked tout suite.

Also, and no offence, but 4-3-3 isn't what you picked. Eze at ten with Cameron and Luongo behind isn't a 4-3-3. That'd be a 4-2-3-1. 10 isn't centre mid.

[Post edited 29 Sep 2018 2:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024