Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Munich (non-Rs) 11:21 - Jan 23 with 1144 viewsaston_hoop

Anything you well traveled people can recommend to see there? Going to be there for 2 days in a couple of weeks and realised I have no idea what to see there, my only previous experience was a very very hazy 3 days at oktoberfest.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Munich (non-Rs) on 13:26 - Jan 23 with 1085 viewsloftboy

A meal in the revolving restaurant at the top of the old Olympic tower, used to overlook the stadium, not sure if that’s still there, there’s a map at the top which lines up with what you are looking at as it revolves.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Munich (non-Rs) on 17:39 - Jan 23 with 1012 viewsBoston

Had a rather rigorous discipline session there with a very german, German lady many moons ago, sort of overshadowed any other recollections.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Munich (non-Rs) on 17:46 - Jan 23 with 1002 viewshopphoops

The only time I've driven there I was stuck behind a lorry in the slow lane on the autobahn for about 40 miles as everyone bombed past at 120 mph.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Munich (non-Rs) on 02:26 - Jan 24 with 913 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don't wear this:

Munich (non-Rs) on 08:03 - Jan 24 with 869 viewsKonk

We had a nice few days there wandering about. Can't remember any must-see/do things, but it's a very nice city and the zoo has two or three beer gardens, which makes it the best bloody zoo in the world. And the beer and wurst were sold at the same prices you'd pay elsewhere in the city, so they didn't even fleece you, as they would do in the UK, were they to sell you a pint or anything worth eating at the zoo.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Munich (non-Rs) on 08:20 - Jan 24 with 862 viewsWatford_Ranger

Apart from taking in a game and drinking, not much but I only went once so may have just been in the wrong pubs/clubs.

Bayern weren’t at home so I got a quickish train to Augsburg to watch them which was good.
Munich (non-Rs) on 09:54 - Jan 24 with 821 viewsMrSheen

Probably too cold for nude sunbathing in the lovely park by the river.
Munich (non-Rs) on 09:58 - Jan 24 with 817 viewsMick_S

Munich (non-Rs) on 08:03 - Jan 24 by Konk

We had a nice few days there wandering about. Can't remember any must-see/do things, but it's a very nice city and the zoo has two or three beer gardens, which makes it the best bloody zoo in the world. And the beer and wurst were sold at the same prices you'd pay elsewhere in the city, so they didn't even fleece you, as they would do in the UK, were they to sell you a pint or anything worth eating at the zoo.

So it's not one of these then:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Munich (non-Rs) on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 787 viewsKonk

Munich (non-Rs) on 09:58 - Jan 24 by Mick_S

So it's not one of these then:

Far from it. I don't like zoos, but that one's great. Walked around until my son went to sleep and then sat back and enjoyed a couple of cold Hefeweizen. Everyone was doing the same. Good times at Munich zoo.

Munich (non-Rs) on 11:09 - Jan 24 with 782 viewsKonk

Munich (non-Rs) on 09:54 - Jan 24 by MrSheen

Probably too cold for nude sunbathing in the lovely park by the river.

The Englischer garten? That's a fantastic park. I'd forgotten about that. It's a really nice city for just mooching about in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024