Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed (Non QPR) 17:38 - May 20 with 866 viewsPinnerPaul

As someone always has an answer on here, I'm hoping its the case here.

My son was invited for his 1st jab, but was told when he arrived and after answering some questions on his medical history, that he couldn't have the Oxford vaccine and that it had to be Pfizer.

However, having rung 119, they said they could not help with booking a guaranteed Pfizer jab.

Our doctor's practice has a message on the phone saying they can't help with vaccination queries as its being handled centrally.

Anyone with a similar problem, sorted out how to get a jab with a guaranteed vaccine?

Thanks all
[Post edited 20 May 2021 17:38]
Help needed (Non QPR) on 17:43 - May 20 with 814 viewsDWQPR

Assuming your son is under the age of 40 he should be offered the Pfizer vaccine as a matter of government guidance.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Help needed (Non QPR) on 17:46 - May 20 with 794 viewsArty

Hi Pinner
How old is your son?
I volunteer in the COVID-19 clinic at our local Hospital and all under 40yr olds are being given Pfizer as a matter of course as JCVI guidance that all under 40’s should not be given AZ but given an alternative ie Pfizer or Moderna
Help needed (Non QPR) on 17:48 - May 20 with 789 viewsessextaxiboy

I would contact your NHS trust. Not all vac centres wiil have storage facility for pfizer so he may have to travel a bit further .

Edit ..as above he may have to go to the local hospital centre
[Post edited 20 May 2021 17:50]
Help needed (Non QPR) on 17:59 - May 20 with 744 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks all, he's 32.

He went for his aborted one before the advice changed for under 40s, so I agree that I think if he books another one he will get the Pfizer.

Just have to persuade him to book again now - he's usually very sensible, but, maybe like a few people, has a bit of a 'thing' about Covid/vaccinations etc. which I won't go into now.

Thanks for all your help!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024