Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London sunday morning football 11:12 - May 20 with 2149 viewsstoweboy

My son is coming to the end of his sunday morning youth football , he is turning 18 soon
next season he could play for the mens reserve team but they play Saturday afternoons.
He is a season ticket holder, like everyone else he has missed visiting Loftus Road and we both feel that next season could be very exciting , i missed a lot of matches because i ued to play on Saturday afternoons and i dont want him to miss out like me
Does anyone know of any decent Sunday morning football teams in West London ( we are in Ladbroke Grove ) i know alot of teams use to run out of pubs but alot of them are gone now . Any ideas guys ? decent level as he is a pretty useful player
West London sunday morning football on 11:19 - May 20 with 2119 viewsNorthernr

There's a couple of QPR supporter teams, Accrington Stanley Bowles long established.
West London sunday morning football on 11:32 - May 20 with 2076 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Middlesex County League is ok and mostly on the Central/Picadilly.

Hayes and Middlesex last I heard from a ref was a bit more tasty and not perhaps for a 18 year old. He much prefered reffing our games.

Check out the teams in the Middx there are loads. In the bottom two divisions the standard is not very good but above it's decent mostly.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

West London sunday morning football on 11:33 - May 20 with 2070 viewsstoweboy

West London sunday morning football on 11:19 - May 20 by Northernr

There's a couple of QPR supporter teams, Accrington Stanley Bowles long established.

Thanks Clive

Oh yes i forgot
I have seen previous posts from ACB looking looking to recruit players ahead of
a new season begining .
West London sunday morning football on 14:46 - May 21 with 1757 viewsstoweboy

West London sunday morning football on 11:32 - May 20 by Metallica_Hoop

Hayes and Middlesex last I heard from a ref was a bit more tasty and not perhaps for a 18 year old. He much prefered reffing our games.

Check out the teams in the Middx there are loads. In the bottom two divisions the standard is not very good but above it's decent mostly.

Nice one fellow
I will pass it on to him
Thanks
West London sunday morning football on 17:01 - May 21 with 1618 viewshantssi

West London sunday morning football on 11:32 - May 20 by Metallica_Hoop

Played in the Hayes & Middx League (think it was called Hayes & District back then) and it could get very nasty.
Not to be recommended to an 18 year old who’s only played youth football.
I’d been playing adult football on a Saturday from about 15/16 so I knew how to handle myself but it did get a bit scary on the odd occasion.
West London sunday morning football on 17:22 - May 21 with 1585 viewsMick_S

West London sunday morning football on 17:01 - May 21 by hantssi

Played in the Hayes & Middx League (think it was called Hayes & District back then) and it could get very nasty.
I’d been playing adult football on a Saturday from about 15/16 so I knew how to handle myself but it did get a bit scary on the odd occasion.

I used to play for The Load of Hay in Northolt - it was that bad/nasty it was actually embarrassing. We moved on to The Plough (still Northolt, different team) and played in The West Fulham League. We had an ex Wealdstone, England cap winning amateur in our ranks who made it into Stuart Pearce’s autobiography - you know when you play in the same team as someone who is on a different level altogether.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

West London sunday morning football on 17:54 - May 21 with 1534 viewsSonofNorfolt

West London sunday morning football on 17:22 - May 21 by Mick_S

I used to play for The Load of Hay in Northolt - it was that bad/nasty it was actually embarrassing. We moved on to The Plough (still Northolt, different team) and played in The West Fulham League. We had an ex Wealdstone, England cap winning amateur in our ranks who made it into Stuart Pearce’s autobiography - you know when you play in the same team as someone who is on a different level altogether.

Didn't you turn out for The 'wood Mick?
West London sunday morning football on 18:03 - May 21 with 1522 viewsMick_S

West London sunday morning football on 17:54 - May 21 by SonofNorfolt

Didn't you turn out for The 'wood Mick?

I don’t think I did Mel, having said that, if you remember it, I did! You know how it was. Please don’t tell me I played for Oscars 11.

Login to get fewer ads

West London sunday morning football on 18:16 - May 21 with 1493 viewshantssi

I played for Wembley CSA.
Later on I played for a side in Watford, think it was something like the South Herts or Watford & District League in the Premier Division, good standard I was the only non semi-pro player in our team.
West London sunday morning football on 18:19 - May 21 with 1486 viewsMick_S

West London sunday morning football on 18:16 - May 21 by hantssi

I played for Wembley CSA.
Later on I played for a side in Watford, think it was something like the South Herts or Watford & District League in the Premier Division, good standard I was the only non semi-pro player in our team.

That’s a good side Hantssi - we had a similar side in one of our leagues - Hampton Social. We were decent, but could not get near them.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 18:20]

West London sunday morning football on 18:20 - May 21 with 1484 viewsSonofNorfolt

West London sunday morning football on 18:03 - May 21 by Mick_S

I don’t think I did Mel, having said that, if you remember it, I did! You know how it was. Please don’t tell me I played for Oscars 11.

Funnily enough I got the manager of Oscars, who was Moroccan, to appear a couple of times for the Horse. He brought a mate who was decent, Adel something.
Wo betide bumping into me late on a Saturday night if we were short.
One Sunday morning we only had ten and on the way to the game one of the lads spotted someone who he convinced to play at a moment's notice. Transpired he used to play for our opposition that morning
West London sunday morning football on 18:56 - May 21 with 1438 viewshantssi

Saturday played in the London Old Boys League, standards to suit everybody.
First XI were mainly in the Premier Division or Senior Divisions across the Greater London area down to regional leagues for our 5th and 6th XI’s so you always got a competitive game no matter your standard.
West London sunday morning football on 22:29 - May 21 with 1352 viewsMetallica_Hoop

West London sunday morning football on 17:01 - May 21 by hantssi

It was.

I played in that at as a youth and we won the county cup. (even with me in goal)

That was 1992.

I remember being 17 and 35 years olds smashing me when we went up. They were not being nasty I'd like to think, just being heavier.

I gave up that league.
Wisely upon reflection.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 22:38]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024